Just Got Dreambox 500-c, Help !!

thomson said:
ok, done that mate, excellent :) thanks.

but now when i press "ok" i only get the list up for channels 1 to 5, how do i get the full list up ??? iam not caring about organising the full list but just need to see it for when i want to look for other channels.

edit :>> also, when i switch the box off using the off button on the remote the light on the box stays green, is that right ?? is that it on standby ? or am i doing summit wrong, i like to turn my shit onto standby at night.

I'm guessing your using Neutrino UK04 then.

When you press ok, go left and right to scroll through the other bouquets. All the other channels should be in the Others or Andere bouquets. It doesn't take long to do the rest of the bouquets...just do it lol!

The standyby light is a small bug I think...it does go into standyby but the light stays green.

thomson said:
can someone tell me how to edit the channel list so that i can put bbc 1,2,itv,ch4,and ch5 in the first 5 places, iam not really interested in setting the rest of the channels.

edit :>> does teletext work on dreambox ? if so, how do i get it going, i see german text which is no good.

Use the back-up i sent you.Its got the bouquets/channels set-up,when scanning select UPDATE from the BOUQUET option within the service scan menu.

Feckkkkk man !! just when i thought all seemed well :Chainsaw: .

Last night it was late by the time i got the thing going, but now iam having a chance to check out some channels etc, i straight away notice my bbc 1 scotland, bbc 2 scotland, itv , channel 4 and five are all having problems, they are either not displaying anything (blank screen) or they are freezing or breaking up, when i press the info button i see the little signal strenght bar, on some channels its near enough at bottom, bbc 1 was like that for example, and then i looked a bit later and the signal strength was back upto like half way, and then channel 4 was strong signal near end of bar, and then next time i looked it was away at bottom of the bar, this suks man, and thats only those 5 channels !

I have a booster on as i couldnt get sky sports or movies at all until i used booster.

Can someone tell me this, where should the booster be on the cable feed, i have the main feed coming in the house, then into a 3.5db splitter, one splits to dreambox, the other to my cable modem.
I have put the booster on the cable that go's from the splitter to the dreambox, is that right ? or should the booster be on the main feed before it go's into splitter ???

Feckin pain in the azz all this, lol.

appreciate any help.

p.s
iam on nutrino uk-04 and the booster is a one for all make , output 75 ohm-3c2v (adjustable).

are you using a spiltter m8 if so try a direct connection see what happens

thomson said:
Feckkkkk man !! just when i thought all seemed well :Chainsaw: .

Last night it was late by the time i got the thing going, but now iam having a chance to check out some channels etc, i straight away notice my bbc 1 scotland, bbc 2 scotland, itv , channel 4 and five are all having problems, they are either not displaying anything (blank screen) or they are freezing or breaking up, when i press the info button i see the little signal strenght bar, on some channels its near enough at bottom, bbc 1 was like that for example, and then i looked a bit later and the signal strength was back upto like half way, and then channel 4 was strong signal near end of bar, and then next time i looked it was away at bottom of the bar, this suks man, and thats only those 5 channels !

I have a booster on as i couldnt get sky sports or movies at all until i used booster.

Can someone tell me this, where should the booster be on the cable feed, i have the main feed coming in the house, then into a 3.5db splitter, one splits to dreambox, the other to my cable modem.
I have put the booster on the cable that go's from the splitter to the dreambox, is that right ? or should the booster be on the main feed before it go's into splitter ???

Feckin pain in the azz all this, lol.

appreciate any help.

p.s
iam on nutrino uk-04 and the booster is a one for all make , output 75 ohm-3c2v (adjustable).

The booster is in the right place.

Press red then blue on remote,post up your BER/SIG/SNR figures from the page displayed.This info will change from channel to channel.

Donnie Darko said:
The booster is in the right place.

Press red then blue on remote,post up your BER/SIG/SNR figures from the page displayed.This info will change from channel to channel.
Very difficult to check those levels as they are up and down like a whoores knickers, lol. these are very rough figures >>>
BER - 200 - 580
SNR - 59110 - 59367
SIG - 31868

THat was me checking it on stv (itv).

p.s
the booster has an adjuster knob that can turn like from right round like full circle, does it matter where thats set to ? i have it set about 3/4 way round towards max.

Last edited:
thomson said:
Very difficult to check those levels as they are up and down like a whoores knickers, lol. these are very rough figures >>>
BER - 200 - 580
SNR - 59110 - 59367
SIG - 31868

p.s
the booster has an adjuster knob that can turn like from right round like full circle, does it matter where thats set to ? i have it set about 3/4 way round towards max.

Too be honest they look ok to me,i had freezing sticking issues when i first got my db.Could'nt get itv2 at all.
I tried the booster route,with mixed results,i then fitted a 6db attenuator onto the db 'f'connector.
Since then i've never had any problems.

My current set up is as follows.....

brown box on wall outside/cc splitter into front room,bb to back of house/inside the front room i have a splitter feeding my subbed box,and db with attenuator fitted to db.

If you've got an attenuator to hand give it a go.

thomson said:
BER - 200 - 580
SNR - 59110 - 59367
SIG - 31868

p.s

Your SNR is a little on the low side! See here for more info.

It needs to be about 62,000 before you will get perfect pictures. Between 55,000 and 62,000 can result in freezing and stuttering pictures. Try removing all attenuator from the line and make sure any splitters are not really attenuators.

Donnie Darko said:
Too be honest they look ok to me,i had freezing sticking issues when i first got my db.Could'nt get itv2 at all.
I tried the booster route,with mixed results,i then fitted a 6db attenuator onto the db 'f'connector.
Since then i've never had any problems.

My current set up is as follows.....

brown box on wall outside/cc splitter into front room,bb to back of house/inside the front room i have a splitter feeding my subbed box,and db with attenuator fitted to db.

If you've got an attenuator to hand give it a go.
i thought an attenuator lowered the signal, i thought the whole point was to raise the signal ??

I tried my main cable feed striaght into the dreambox and although it made my signal better but some channels were fecked, blank screen or breaking up and shit, so then i went back to square one, i plugged the main feed into the 3db splitter and then then into the dreambox and for about 2 minutes my signal levels were excellent, but then bang ! the signal levels dropped like feckk and then the channels were fecked again.

Maybe its nutrino causing this right enough as suggested with a few people, i dunno, its baffling me, no splitter shit, with splitter good then shite, and with booster its a bit hit n miss :Chainsaw:

Ive been told conficting stories too, iam being told i dont want a splitter that attenuates the signal (lowers it) and iam also being told to attenuate it ??? iam getting real mixed up too, i thought this poxy splitter i have that ntl fitted (3db output) i thought that was attenuating the signal, no ???

Is it not right that i need a splitter that doesnt attenuate the signal, I.E - doesnt have db's as output ???

My head is sore man : shocked2

edit :: what about this one >>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NTL-T-WEST-CA...oryZ4693QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
You need to raise the SNR value to about 62,000 so your signal is too low. An attenuator will lower it which is not what you want.

Maybe try a Gemini image!

devilfish said:
You need to raise the SNR value to about 62,000 so your signal is too low. An attenuator will lower it which is not what you want.

Maybe try a Gemini image!

Depending on channel mine runs anywhere between 58-61k.The booster did up the SNR but also suffered from pixelations/blocking pictures.Direct feed also suffered from this and a few missing channel pics,only after fitting 6db atten did the box stabilise.?

ive installed gemini now (again), done bruteforce scan with a direct cable feed in from wall socket (no splitters), it found all the channels i recognise skysports and movies etc etc.

However, i noticed that on a couple of channels that the picture was breaking up a bit or going pixelated if ya prefer.

Sooo, i had to plug my splitter back in cause i need it for my modem, and then i had a look at the channels again, this time lots of channels wouldnt even show up, just blank screen.

so then i plugged in the booster again, installed the booster on the splitter feed output going to dreambox, turned the booster up full and as far as i can see now everything so far looks fine (touch wood, lol), although ive only went through the major channels like sports and movies and 1,2,3,4,5 etc etc.

I think i will still go ahead and buy that other splitter anyway, i need an extra one one way or the other cause i plan in connecting my eurovox2 to my computer.

woopssss, spoke too soon :Chainsaw:

Pictures started to freeze on bbc1 and bbc2.

This started striaght after i changed the boquet of channels that were already set in the image i used from osboune82, he had bbc1 & bbc2 england but i wanted to change them to bbc scotland which i done, it was then that the picture started to pixelate and freeze slightly etc, if i leave it it seems to clear its self though.

But why is this happening, when i replaced bbc england channels with the scottish bbc channels, the picture aint the same, iam looking at a movie on bbc one scotland right now and theres about a 6 inch black band down each side of the screen, yet the same film on bbc 1 england channel the film is full screen, and it was similar a short time ago on bbc2 scotland, there was a news program on and there was a black band down the right side of the screen about 2 inch size, but when i looked at bbc2 england it was full screen, whats going on there man ?????

thomson said:
woopssss, spoke too soon :Chainsaw:

Pictures started to freeze on bbc1 and bbc2.

This started striaght after i changed the boquet of channels that were already set in the image i used from osboune82, he had bbc1 & bbc2 england but i wanted to change them to bbc scotland which i done, it was then that the picture started to pixelate and freeze slightly etc, if i leave it it seems to clear its self though.

But why is this happening, when i replaced bbc england channels with the scottish bbc channels, the picture aint the same, iam looking at a movie on bbc one scotland right now and theres about a 6 inch black band down each side of the screen, yet the same film on bbc 1 england channel the film is full screen, and it was similar a short time ago on bbc2 scotland, there was a news program on and there was a black band down the right side of the screen about 2 inch size, but when i looked at bbc2 england it was full screen, whats going on there man ?????

anyone ???

Anyone wondering what all the little icon thingys are on the info bar in gemini ?? well i know i was wondering anyway, lol.

I found the manual and it gives a picture and says what the icons are for (see attachment).

p.s
anyone know how i get the BER-SNR-SIG report thingy up onscreen in gemini, i know on nutrino ya could press the red then blue button but not on gemini, please advise.
:Cheers:

Back