Just Got Dreambox 500-c, Help !!

thomson said:
can someone tell me why i cant change "In the cable provider bit, where it says Sym6952, you need to change that to sym6887" even though its uk04 software installed ??

Dont know why you cant change it should change for you, Im pretty new to Dreambox too but I had to flash my own image to the box it wasnt preloaded... Dont know what could be wrong with your image...

Menu > Services Menu > Pin > Services Scan >

Cable Provider (Press OK Button here to Toggle Sym6952/6887)
Scan for Services TV & Radio
Bouquet Create New
Scan Mode Full

> Save Settings Now... > Start Scan...

Thats all I did :) and it found the channels, I manually organised them because non of the files on here for Birmingham worked on my box for me for some reason... Channels wouldnt show up...

c9679 said:
Dont know why you cant change it should change for you, Im pretty new to Dreambox too but I had to flash my own image to the box it wasnt preloaded... Dont know what could be wrong with your image...

Menu > Services Menu > Pin > Services Scan >

Cable Provider (Press OK Button here to Toggle Sym6952/6887)
Scan for Services TV & Radio
Bouquet Create New
Scan Mode Full

> Save Settings Now... > Start Scan...

Thats all I did :) and it found the channels, I manually organised them because non of the files on here for Birmingham worked on my box for me for some reason... Channels wouldnt show up...
just tried that mate, still dont work, i cant change to ntl for some reason, plus ive changed both the freq and the symbol rate to 68870000 but i dont know if that right or wrong, theres not many people willing to help in here without me needing to read an encyclopedia first which suks, feel like just plugging my eurovox back in, simple as.
(appreciate help very much from the guys who have helped me so far)

thomson said:
theres not many people willing to help in here without me needing to read an encyclopedia first which suks,

Mate...you've been here long enough to know that there are tutorials for everything! Yes everyone was a newbie at one time but the tutorials are step by step guides.

There is a file called cables.xml and it lives in /var/tuxbox/config. This file holds the frequencies that the box scans on when looking for channels. There are usually 2 or 3 sections inside this file...a section for Sym6887 (the N*L frequencies), Sym6952 (the TW frequencies) and a bruteforce option (all frequencies combined). If you only have Sym6952 then that is the only option in that file. You NEED to get your network sorted before you can access the box and fix that file or flash the image again.

The setup procedures are 99% the same as the dbox setup and there are loads and loads of guides in the dbox download section you could have a look at. People have spent days writing tutorials to make it easy for people that are new to that particular box and they don't want to retype it again in a post because someone can't be bothered to read!

It took me 3 days to get my first dbox up and running and the only post I put up was to say thanks to the guys who wrote the guides.

If you have a dreambox/dbox/eurovox and you're looking for a quick fix, it's probably going to take you a while. These boxes know when you want them back up quickly and they can be very stubborn at times :)

Hope you understand where I'm coming from here.

thomson said:
sorry for being a right diddy guys, but what is gemini software, its neutrino thats on this box, does this guide work the same way ???
:
Just follow the guide exactly but flash with the uk04 image instead of the gemini one, the process is the same you will just use a different image ;) oh and apintofmilks guide isn't that long and it's very easy to follow :)

Right, if you have UK04 installed then its already set up to go - no need to mess around with files or whatever...

Make sure you are actually in the scan settings menu as below..

On your remote:
1. Press the MENU Key (this brings up the Main Menu)
2. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Service Menu" and press OK button.
3. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Service Scan" and press OK button.
4. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Cable Provider".

What is the Cable Provider set as?
It will be either of these: CableUK Sym6952, CableUK Sym6887, or CableUK Bruteforce.

Whilst "Cable Provider" is highlighted, press the "OK" button on the remote to toggle between the different settings. Choose the one that you require.

Now scroll down to the "Fast Scan" option and make sure that it is set to OFF!
This should cause the frequency settings and everything to be disabled and you should not be able to change their values.

Finally, press RED on the remote to ensure that the settings are saved to the box, and then press BLUE to start a scan.

Speedy2206 said:
Right, if you have UK04 installed then its already set up to go - no need to mess around with files or whatever...

Make sure you are actually in the scan settings menu as below..

On your remote:
1. Press the MENU Key (this brings up the Main Menu)
2. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Service Menu" and press OK button.
3. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Service Scan" and press OK button.
4. Press Up/Down until you Highlight "Cable Provider".

What is the Cable Provider set as?
It will be either of these: CableUK Sym6952, CableUK Sym6887, or CableUK Bruteforce.

Whilst "Cable Provider" is highlighted, press the "OK" button on the remote to toggle between the different settings. Choose the one that you require.

Now scroll down to the "Fast Scan" option and make sure that it is set to OFF!
This should cause the frequency settings and everything to be disabled and you should not be able to change their values.

Finally, press RED on the remote to ensure that the settings are saved to the box, and then press BLUE to start a scan.
the cable provider option wont change :(

Donnie Darko said:
Check ur pm's i'm going bed soon,too much beer,sun and footie yesterday.
donnie mate, i got those files you sent, :Cheers: , but there are 2 files, what one is the flash image file and whats the other one mate ??? remember this is a first for me mate.

thanks again.

:Cheers:

p.s
plus, will the image work for pure ntl area in glasgow and get all channels etc ?

thomson said:
donnie mate, i got those files you sent, :Cheers: , but there are 2 files, what one is the flash image file and whats the other one mate ??? remember this is a first for me mate.

thanks again.

:Cheers:

p.s
plus, will the image work for pure ntl area in glasgow and get all channels etc ?

Hi mate there's only 1 file ends .fw2,you need flash wizard pro 6.3 and a cross-over cable.
You then need to connect db to pc with cross-over cable,open fwp and select the file i've sent you and initiate the flashing process.
Once flashed follow the methods listed in this thread for scanning etc.

Donnie Darko said:
Hi mate there's only 1 file ends .fw2,you need flash wizard pro 6.3 and a cross-over cable.
You then need to connect db to pc with cross-over cable,open fwp and select the file i've sent you and initiate the flashing process.
Once flashed follow the methods listed in this thread for scanning etc.
donnie, you sent me 2 files mate, one called jimg and one called cimg ??? what are these files if your saying that it should end .fw2 ??? theres no file that you sent ends fw2 ?? please advise ?
i will send you my email addy again incase you need to send me the correct file.
Will the flash image your sending work in pure ntl area glasgow and iam not using the cross over cable as ive only got one ethernet port and my modem uses that and one of the guys advised not to use it, so iam using null modem cable and guide from downloads section for dreamup, will this file your sending work ok with dreamup, yea ???:Cheers:

thomson said:
donnie, you sent me 2 files mate, one called jimg and one called cimg ??? what are these files if your saying that it should end .fw2 ??? theres no file that you sent ends fw2 ?? please advise ?
i will send you my email addy again incase you need to send me the correct file.
Will the flash image your sending work in pure ntl area glasgow and iam not using the cross over cable as ive only got one ethernet port and my modem uses that and one of the guys advised not to use it, so iam using null modem cable and guide from downloads section for dreamup, will this file your sending work ok with dreamup, yea ???:Cheers:

I'm lost???wrt the files.I'll send it again as rar file.It will work in pure,just select the sym 6887 scan option.
Don't know if it will work with a null cable,i only use ethernet.Can't see it being a problem using your ethernet port?only takes 2 mins to flash.Just follow the guide by pintofmilk for setting the network up.

You need a .img file if you're using Dreamup. A .fw2 file is a backup of an image and you can only flash this using FlashWizardPro.

So you'll need to use an ethernet port and crossover cable to get it flashed.

I would go to your local PC shop and buy an ethernet card. They're about a fiver so it won't break the bank.

devilfish said:
You need a .img file if you're using Dreamup. A .fw2 file is a backup of an image and you can only flash this using FlashWizardPro.

So you'll need to use an ethernet port and crossover cable to get it flashed.

I would go to your local PC shop and buy an ethernet card. They're about a fiver so it won't break the bank.
i dont have an ethernet card just now though, trying the null modem cable way, does anyone have a .img file for me to use ???

devilfish said:
There are a few .img images in the download section. Just look!
ive looked mate, i cant see any .img files in the dreambox downloads list, where is it ??? sorry for being a bit stupid but i cant see it in the lists ??

hehe :) devilfish and donnie, now youve gave me some options, what one should i use ?? sorry again and again, lol.

Donnie Darko said:
ok guys, i tried the image that donnie sent link for, the channel scan aint working, where do i put the 6887 in ?? symbol rate or frequency, and do i put zeros "0" in the other 4 box's after the 6887 ?

also i cant change the cable provider, it says "none" and it wont change.

and it says transponder scan failed when i try to scan.

Last edited:
thomson said:
ok guys, i tried the image that donnie sent link for, the channel scan aint working, where do i put the 6887 in ?? symbol rate or frequency, and do i put zeros "0" in the other 4 box's after the 6887 ?

also i cant change the cable provider, it says "none" and it wont change.

and it says transponder scan failed when i try to scan.
anyone ???

Back