### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

Hi, installed image and added all the rom7 files needed but I dont know where to find the cams needed, could anyone help me out?

Use newtuxflash tool and extract them from another image.....you must remember to chmod 755 the file(s) after FTP transfer.

I'm assuming you have some other saved backup images on your PC ??

Use newtuxflash tool and extract them from another image.....you must remember to chmod 755 the file(s) after FTP transfer.

I'm assuming you have some other saved backup images on your PC ??

yes I do mate, I will give it a go, cheers

just extracted the files from my old image but the files are not the same size as mentioned in the notes on page 1

just extracted the files from my old image but the files are not the same size as mentioned in the notes on page 1

dont worry about that..........get them transferred over, lol ........they'll work just fine.....they go in var/bin/emu and need chmod 755

also transfer your services and bouquets files while you're at it.......they go in var/tuxbox/config/zapit

all done, what is chmod 755?

In your FTP client, after transferring an EMU, eg evocamd, right click with the mouse and set the attribites to 755............all will become apparant after a right click of the mouse.

Just right click on the file you want to chmod and click chmod/atribbutes/properties depending on your ftp client and change the value to 755.

Edit:Snap Rod ;)

Just right click on the file you want to chmod and click chmod/atribbutes/properties depending on your ftp client and change the value to 755.

Edit:Snap Rod ;)

Your description of the procedure was much better than mine wiz mate........I'm tired, LOL

Here's another clue from post no. 1 of this thread

As usual, no roms, keys, nor cams are included.

So no keys then wot about roms LOL.............Paul:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:
Wots this a jolly boys outing

thank you both for you help! I am giving it a go now, I hope you know that I only did this so people stop asking the same questions about cams and keys....lol

Hi guys,

My DBox2 image died the other night, litterally when it boots up it plays for a few seconds then locks up and shutdown. God knows what caused it....

I have managed to get my origional files out of /var directory (litterally everything).

I have now flashed dbox with this image and get the FTA channels. For educational purposes and testing what must i do to view nonFTA channels?

BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 and Five currently work.

SkySports etc.... have a key icon in yellow at the bottom right.

I might be a noob with flashing these dboxes but am IT literate so please feel free to speak in 1337 terms and not have to dumb everything down.

Will really appreciate some advice here.

Many thanks

Sandy

Hi guys,

My DBox2 image died the other night, litterally when it boots up it plays for a few seconds then locks up and shutdown. God knows what caused it....

I have managed to get my origional files out of /var directory (litterally everything).

I have now flashed dbox with this image and get the FTA channels. For educational purposes and testing what must i do to view nonFTA channels?

BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 and Five currently work.

SkySports etc.... have a key icon in yellow at the bottom right.

I might be a noob with flashing these dboxes but am IT literate so please feel free to speak in 1337 terms and not have to dumb everything down.

Will really appreciate some advice here.

Many thanks

Sandy

from ur saved var files u will need to transfer ur key folder to the new img, may as well delete the whole folder and transfer yours into the img in the /var/ folder

u will need to transfer the cams in the emu folder into the var/bin/emu folder...need to change the rights permission on these to 755 after transferring

need to transfer ur service/bouquet files to the var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder

reboot and should be ok

cheers

I most certainly have read the released notes, yes you made it clear that the files were removed for compliance with boards, actually found the notes pretty useful which i dont often find with other new releases be it source code, apps, etc...

I have litterally done as you have described, i copied the files over(evocamd, mgcamd and newcamd), add execute privs for non onwner (chmod 755). I then copied over my bouquets.xml and services.xml which were both previously working (2 days ago on a sportster image). I then copied over the keys to the /var/keys folder (keys were named nagra*.bin (epr7, rom7, ram7, epr10 rom10 and ram10).

Just to confirm i dont have the gbox emu, instead i have evocamd, mgcamd and newcamd in the folder. (where can i get this?)

I have selected evocamd in the softcam menu and have tried all 3 uCodes (001a, 0014 and vortex).

Is confusing the hell outta me :(

Do i somewhere have to enable non-FTA use?

Many thanks for your help guys

P.s. PaphosAL (like the channel images and the backup via telnet, using it after each change i make incase it messes up)

I most certainly have read the released notes, yes you made it clear that the files were removed for compliance with boards, actually found the notes pretty useful which i dont often find with other new releases be it source code, apps, etc...

I have litterally done as you have described, i copied the files over(evocamd, mgcamd and newcamd), add execute privs for non onwner (chmod 755). I then copied over my bouquets.xml and services.xml which were both previously working (2 days ago on a sportster image). I then copied over the keys to the /var/keys folder (keys were named nagra*.bin (epr7, rom7, ram7, epr10 rom10 and ram10).

Just to confirm i dont have the gbox emu, instead i have evocamd, mgcamd and newcamd in the folder. (where can i get this?)

I have selected evocamd in the softcam menu and have tried all 3 uCodes (001a, 0014 and vortex).

Is confusing the hell outta me :(

Do i somewhere have to enable non-FTA use?

Many thanks for your help guys

P.s. PaphosAL (like the channel images and the backup via telnet, using it after each change i make incase it messes up)

got the camd_cfg see below

View attachment 44787

just clicked on that but i dont have permission to access that image/page :(

just clicked on that but i dont have permission to access that image/page :(

these are the min number of files u require in the ky folder if u r using evocamd, they are

Autoupdate.Key
camd_cfg
Keylist.txt
nagraepr7.bin
nagraram7.bin
nagrarom7.bin

Last edited:
yep got all them plus more...

ive noticed that i have a file called keylist and a file called keylist.txt

on sky sports channel i get no picture or sound but i also dont get the normal Error Message

Back