IRE Tester Needed

ok just checked now have 3 a05 and 1 ao7 active cards but need help to flash the glitcher have a script to run on it

a07 is only active

Doesn't really matter whether the card is active now or not as long as it was active at some point.

Flashing your glitcher shouldn't be much of a problem although it can be a bit painful in XP (even more so in Vista). Its best doing it from Win98/ME

If your running XP then the Atmeldrv.sys should be in the same directory as your flashing prog (XPAtmel2.0A.exe) and the data files (Newd13.exe.program.hex & Newd13.exe.eeprom.hex)

Remember to switch your glitcher to program mode (varies depending on the glitcher you have) and everything should work fine.

The flasher doesn't particularly like USB/Serial leads. A proper serial port is always the best option !

ok i have proper serial lead but to put the glithcer in to program mode how do i do that its a mikedata glitcher

Not familiar with that glitcher

Do you have some documentation that came with it ?

Or perhaps mikedata has a website. There should be something that tells you how to set the DIP switches for programming.

You'll aslo need to know how to set them up for card glitching. For a T911 type glitcher its normally DIP 1&5 on, rest off but no idea if your glitcher is similar

ok i have proper serial lead but to put the glithcer in to program mode how do i do that its a mikedata glitcher

if its a mikedata dual this is what ive found on the net mate

This is from MikeData:

DUAL UNLOOPER SETUP

1.....To setup for doing rom10 make sure
your jumper is on BANK A and your vcc is about 1A
to 1B you can adjust your vcc by the blue pot.
when turning the pot right it will give you
less vcc and if you trun it left it will give you more vcc...

2.....To setup for doing rom11 your jumper must be on
BANK B and your vcc must be about 26 to 27

3.....dip 2 is always on, even when flashing the dual

4.....When you open up WinExplorer5.4 make sure you are set on
the right comport ie comport 1 or comport 2, and you are set to my unlooper.
in WinExplorer....

5.... i have flashed you dual with the newd11xcmd90 so there
is no need to flash the dual...

6....if you are trying to open a rom10 rev a86 the you should be on bank a
and your vcc should be 1A to 1B or 0A to 0B...

7....if you are trying to open a rom11 rev boc or bod or no data pointer
you should be on bank b...and your vcc is at 26 to 27

or this ive found

Guide For Use:

1. The 1st thing you will do is to open winexplorer and make sure you are on the right comport and you have set it to my looper in program parameters. if you want to
Flash the dual always make sure you have dip 2 on and the rest off; dip 2 should always be on at all times i.e. flashing/unlocking cards…

2. Now you need to know what card you are trying to open...i.e. Rom10 or Rom11 and then the card revision....i.e. Rom10 A86 or Rom11 B0D (The most common revisions there are many more)

3. Let's say it's a Rom11 (Rev) BOD, you will need to make sure that the Dual is on bank B (For Rom11 Cards) , you will now need to load up the BOD unlocker script with winexplorer, Now put you card in the unlooper (Chip facing forwards and down) and hit the Run Script tag in winexplorer and sit back....

4. Vcc-....If your Vcc is to high or to low, You will need to adjust this by turning the brass screw on top of the little blue pot until you get around 26 to 27 (Remember this is the optimum Vcc For a Rom11) , but as you are doing this the card may open anyway....

5. When the card has opened you will here a beep beep from your pc and a display in winexplorer saying that bugs have been zeroed.

6. Now take the card out of the Dual and put it in your programmer, setting your programmer into phoenix mode along the way, The best ones to use are the DYNAMITE or the Infinity USB phoenix as they have a USB and comport giving better compatibility, where as the Infinity USB Unlimited only has a USB port and therefore does the phoenix over VCP (Virtual Comport) this is where allot of people have problems as they cant seem to get this set up right and get loads of problems whilst trying to read the newly unlocked Rom Card, these errors can include : NO ATR and Setifs errors amongst others.

7. Now we use nagraedit 4.1 to read the card..... (Later versions of Nagraedit will give errors upon trying to read a Rom10 or Rom11 card so make sure you only use version 4.1, similar can be said of earlier versions also)
Once in nagraedit and after making sure the com port is set to the correct one, click the Blue Arrow to commence reading of the card.

8. This is all the help I will give on this, because at the end of the day I have not the time to baby sit peeps who don't take the time to read up on there hardware or software setup and usage....there is plenty of information on the forums regarding possible errors including the unlooping side of things and possible problems reading the card in nagra.

9. If you have a tiny unlooper it the same as the dual but only as hc4053 or hct4053 and not both like the dual unlooper……

10. with the tiny and the dual the tiny2313 flash you should load both the EPROM exe & the program exe into the tiny software, if you don’t do this some scripts will give a error of 4 bytes and will not tell what flash you have flashed you unlooper

11.vcc setup,going from bank A to bank B,when you goto bank B you will need to turn your vcc down by going antclock wise till it comes down to vcc 27 as if you dont do this your vcc will be about 40+ once you have set
the vcc anywhere from 28 to 25 as long as you are arould this vcc mark,you will open most of the rom11 and you will NOT have to re-adjust the vcc again.....untill you want to go back to bank a......

12 going back to bank A,the best way i find for most peeps and it is so easy,just turn the pot clockwise untill you hear a little click coming from the pot,once you hear this you will need to do 4 to 6 FULL turn's of the pot antclock wise,this will give you a vcc of about 40+ but you will not get this on some cards it maybe more or it could be lower,now put you rom10 and run the script you should see --++++++++++--Hit40+++++-Hit41 or you need to do now is to get the vcc down to 1A to 1B.........and that is it you dual should now be setup right for rom10 and on bank A

13. Use a 9 pin serial extension cable, male to female 9 pin D type, all pins wired 1:1 with your unlooper..

14. Finally there you have it, if you can’t do any of the above take a look on the various forums and do a lot of reading or better still start something new like fishing... J

Knowledge is the key to success!

Regards
MIKEDATA

with the tiny and the dual the tiny2313 flash you should load both the EPROM exe & the program exe into the tiny software, if you don’t do this some scripts will give a error of 4 bytes and will not tell what flash you have flashed you unlooper ::::::::::::::

this is the only info on it and i have done that but still no joy opened up tiny2313 loaded 2 hex files but i still get errors am i missing something

Hi does your unlooper look like this 1? This 1 is a powersync.

This site may help?
No Links To Other Forums ... You Should Know The Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
no its different m8 i have found the problem i need to get the right files the driver seems to be corrupt

What exactly is it that your missing ?

i cant get my fuxxing unlooper to flash it cant be comports cause the same lead is unlocking cards the dips are set right it cant be the glitcher cause i have 2 of them have swaped power suplys the only thing i can see that problem is is the drivers this is the result im gettin

kernal I/0 driver atmeldrv.sys installed
connected to driver using com1
synchronizing with atmel...failed

My apologies to Obwan - I've accidently over-written his post !

Meant to quote him but hit the edit button instead :eek: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
1... First open Tiny 2313...

hmm, Is that the processor used on the unlooper ?

The ATtiny2313 is a different processor to the older AT90S2312 used on most glitchers. Whilst mostly compatible there are also some significant differences in the way the device is programmed (Xtal options and fuses especially) as well as a slight difference in program initialisation (due to the Tiny having 19 vectors instead of the AT90S2313's 11).

I've never programmed one of these glitchers but it sounds like you may require a different program to actually program the thing and possibly a different hex to actually place on the device.

There should really be some kind of support for the thing somewhere that will explaing all this.

A bit more info :

Device Signatures -
AT90S2313 has Signature Bytes: 0x1E 0x91 0x01.
ATtiny2313 has Signature Bytes: 0x1E 0x91 0x0A.

So any program that looks specifically for a standard glitcher processor will fail if it is using the ATtiny processor.

Back