IRE Tester Needed

cabledr

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need a tester for the fix i have been working on for the dreambox if anyone is confident in backing up channels and flashing a backup to there box i need you to try help you all in IRE if this one is sucessful i will then try on the dbox :)

I'll help you out..send me your contact info.You cant accept pm's

dont want to post my email address on here mate it will get flooded

ok you want to share your msn address lol / PM me yours if you can PM me

I need a tester for the fix i have been working on for the dreambox if anyone is confident in backing up channels and flashing a backup to there box i need you to try help you all in IRE if this one is sucessful i will then try on the dbox :)
If you need another tester I can help.

If you email me i can try this in Dublin tomorrow have 500c

Well, being as this "solution" is so close to the Itgate release I would hazzard a guess that this is basically an attempt to rip of their Cam and keys.

Be interesting to see if this pans out or not. I've no idea how the Itgate lot have locked their cams to their boxes so cant say how easy it would be to defeat any protection.

tbh, it would be kind of disappointing if this was the offered solution as it doesn't really help much in the long term. It just makes all you Dreambox bods dependant on a commercial solution which really isn't why you all got the boxes is it ?

Its been known for me to be wrong though - maybe some other solution has been found :)

Last edited:
Well, being as this "solution" is so close to the Itgate release I would hazzard a guess that this is basically an attempt to rip of their Cam and keys.

Be interesting to see if this pans out or not. I've no idea how the Itgate lot have locked their cams to their boxes so cant say how easy it would be to defeat any protection.

tbh, it would be kind of disappointing if this was the offered solution as it doesn't really help much in the long term. It just makes all you Dreambox bods dependant on a commercial solution which really isn't why you all got the boxes is it ?

Its been known for me to be wrong though - maybe some other solution has been found :)

Agreed. If this is whats been tried then it's most disappointing effort.

I do.. it aint pretty ;)

I dont know how well there tests went, but if you are correct in your logical thinking, i'l probably be correct with my logical thinking that it wont work...sorry if i just wasted anyones day.

I do.. it aint pretty ;)

I dont know how well there tests went, but if you are correct in your logical thinking, i'l probably be correct with my logical thinking that it wont work...sorry if i just wasted anyones day.

There was no tests he was full of it, i offered to do a test for him, he asked me for an email address,which i posted and i am still waiting on the email.

There was no tests he was full of it, i offered to do a test for him, he asked me for an email address,which i posted and i am still waiting on the email.

I tested his "fix" ,but it didnt work.

I thought as much, i am working in Dublin at the minute and have access to 2box's i am willing to try any fix

His fix from what i can see, is ONLY for the ITgate boxes. Which i think is the ITgate release anyway. So it WILL NOT work in any other linux box, dreambox/dbox ect.

Last edited:
again someone trying to ripoff someone's fix and call it there fix .

if u own a dreambox why don't you all moan to the people you bought it off ,and see why they have not came up with a fix . same goes for starview ,eurovox and so on .there quick at takeing your money.
are maybe they come up with a new box that only works in ireland ,so they can get moe money .

wish they would change the keys see what they do then .!!!!:Clap:

first question i would ask is can anyone or does anyone have a clue as to fixing the dreambox problem for ireland?

This guy has been on all the forums. He is a newbie on every forum (first post's). He seems to be collecting a collection of email addresses. Don't be too suprised if he works for UPC.

Why would you give him your address anyway. He has a fix to be tested for the dm500c, but doesn't own one himself. Com on guys!!!!

first question i would ask is can anyone or does anyone have a clue as to fixing the dreambox problem for ireland?

I think quite a few people may have a clue but just dont have the means. You really need access to both an A05 card AND a relatively late softcam source, as well as the ability to modify and compile it.

Some of the dreambox guru's may have access to softcam source code and the environments to compile it but they dont seem to be coming forward in droves.

As for the A05, well, not much experimenting there I can see either. Both the KryptView and Itgate seem to be based on open A05 cards so we know its very possible. There's loads of scripts around for AC3 cards, which are very similar so no excuse really for not trying if you've got one of these cards.

Back