ipad alternative

hiya, ive been meaning to ask this next question as soon as i got my advent vega but kept forgetting, is there a way to copy and paste stuff ?? been trying few things but got no idea how to do it at all, just hoping there is a way, i know you can always manually type what ever it is you want to copy and paste like i have been but im always copying and pasting on my pc's and iphone, please tell me theres a way lol, thanks

In file manager, if you keep your finger pressed on the file you want to copy then it should pop up with a menu with copy or cut options.

Also if you have a large number of files to manage then you can install a FTP server (there are several free ones on market place). Then use a ftp client such as filezilla on your PC to copy file to/from your PC and also manage the files on the tablet.

Thanks mate, sorted abit of stuff, also found out firefox isnt very good for copying and pasting, the default browser in better which is abit gutting as ive just synced firefox with firefox on my pc so it transfered all bookmarks etc over, getting there now i thiink, alot more used too it now with a little play over last few days, just got another quick question which will probably be staring me in the face how do i change folder names on my home screen? Ive moved alot of apps etc onto my home screen so i decided to make a few folders as was getting silly but all my folders are been named new folder which will be a right pain trying to find stuff, so really need them naming, games and mail apps etc etc, anyone any idea how to do that? Thanks

Again either keep your finger on the folder and pop menu should appear or highlight the folder and press the menu button.

I use folder organiser it's a simple little app that should sort out your folder woes.

For copy/paste I use miren browser (never used filefox) and clipper+, miren has a select option that brings up a start and end marker you can move then options pop for for copy etc, and clipper+ lets you save multiple things to a clipboard to use at any time you want and is a resident app on the taskbar

im gona try that miren now, i have clipper on at the minute but still nothing really in firefox, only bit thats disappointed me really having no copy and paste on firefox as its my preferred browser especially with it been able to sync to the pc for bookmarks etc, i managed to rename the folders on my home screen, when you bring the folder up you have to hold the top bar on the open folder and it allows you to open edit name so ive gone with that option for the folders part,
just remembered about the question on the last page, after i did the screen calibration it went on about a update, is that just a update for that app or something ? i dont want to click update as im still very new to it all, i can click current firmware and it says firmaware version 1.7.0.18 and config version 1.7.5.8, shall i click update ?

or yeah got to say that miren browser is the one to use, only been on it for 5 minutes, copy and pasting part is perfect for me, always using copying and pasting, be great is could transfer all bookmarks fronm firefox and could just use firefox then to copy from my pc and vice verserer, ive seen this bit somewhere but cant remember where, how do i uninstall apps i no longer want ? getting low on memory so thought id get rid of some stuff i installed while messing about, then when i get my new 16 or 32g card i can start again but for now il just uninstall some stuff, thanks

Back