Is this a con?

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of you may recall I recently bought a thermal camera attachment for my iPhone . I'm thinking it would be better served being used with an iPad so have been looking out for one at the right price. It will probably be the only use the iPad would get.

Along comes this ad on my local Gumtree site.

2 points of concern being the price and the method of payment. Being local it would have been ideal, going to the sellers address and parting with a bit of cash to give some piece of mind. As it stands I think I'll give this one a pass.
There is always that little voice in your head though that wonders if you have turned your back on a bargain. :)

EDIT**** Oh shit, she just dropped the price by £40. Something definitely wrong.

Stay well clear of that Bank transfer only 🤪 🤪
That was 1 of my 2 main reasons. What I was thinking was that as she is also using a landline it could well be a public phone booth. It could well just be another way to disassociate herself from the aftermath when the iPad becomes locked.

Just down to the fact you asked is this a con, im going to say HELL YES.

Offer Michelle 250 cash as you think she is selling it a bit under priced and you feel that she shouldn’t get ripped off. 🤔🙄😂
I'll also offer to meet her and her friends in a dimly lit alleyway to make the exchange and doe to covid-19 we should all wear face masks or coverings.
Got it covered avid 👍

Back