ipad alternative

hi, thanks for reply mate, with the class of the card then is higher class better than lower class ? ive read somewhere about people having 2 partitions on the sd card for what you have just said, is your 16g card big enough then or would you go for the bigger one ? what partition sizes do you have then for the EXT2 partition for the apps/games side of things ?

higher the class = faster, well guaranteed transfer rate of x amount.
2 partitions, first fat32 - 14.5GB, second EXT2 - 1.5GB

what ROM did you decided to use?

Hi, ive seen a few cards on play.com like u suggested & theres a samsung 16g card class 6 that says transfer rates of 20mbps at 15.99 i think it was so think il order that, the person i bought it off i asked him which was the best to have on for taking out of the box and just using it and he said corvus5 so he kindly put that on for me, its only one ive used but seems great so far, so i havent actually messed about with that side of things just getting used to everything first, on alot of the sites ive ben on corvus5 always seems to be up there in the polls they have for most used, ive read that vegacomb i think its called is meant to be good aswell but gona wait until its fully released i think and not a beta version, what have yoy got on yours ?

I'm using Corvus5+SP1 at the moment until the new kernel for vegacomb is stable.

you said you have Corvus5 installed, do you know if the seller put SP1 on? (you can check by going to Settings->About Device, it should say it in the 'model number' field)

I'm using Corvus5+SP1 at the moment until the new kernel for vegacomb is stable.

you said you have Corvus5 installed, do you know if the seller put SP1 on? (you can check by going to Settings->About Device, it should say it in the 'model number' field)

Just been to settings and under modell number it just says corvus5 so im presuming it isnt the sp1 version, whats the difference in the 2 ?

Just been to settings and under modell number it just says corvus5 so im presuming it isnt the sp1 version, whats the difference in the 2 ?

NEW in Corvus5 SP1

So, a little quiet on the VegaComb front right now, still have some stuff in the works, but I thought it was high time I took a quick break and spent a little time pushing out a small (but good) update to Corvus5. I know a lot of people use Corvus5 as their fall-back ROM while VegaComb is still in the works, and so I thought I should try and show it a little love too (since I really like this ROM, and it's FAST!).

I didn't want to make too many huge changes, as Corvus5 has a good history of being a stable, fast and extremely reliable ROM, and felt that too much tweaking might risk what we already have. So, the changes are as follows:

Added latest nVidia frameworks, and updated some libs to the latest versions to try and work out a couple of kinks.

Fixed the 50% audio issue, volume should now increase correctly up to 100% (and not stop increasing at 50%). This won't actually make the max volume and louder, but it makes the slider work correctly.

Added the brilliant Host/Slave mode indicator to the ROM as standard (made by simonta and pbtw I believe) which has been GRID themed by me to fit in with the ROM.

Added a brand new Game/Mouse mode indicator/switcher (made by the talented ptbw especially for Corvus5). This is a great tool and allows you to easily switch between "Game" (accelerometer) mode and "Mouse" (erm... Mouse) modes. The two modes have to be separate due to the way that the libraries within the ROM work, but now you can easily switch Corvus5 into a mode which works perfectly for mouse support, and back again for playing games such as SpeedX. This tool will reboot your Vega for you, so if you are switching to Mouse mode, remember to hold BACK after the app reboots the device to make sure it boots up in HOST mode for connecting the mouse

Kernel has been updated to the current VegaComb stable Kernel (based on CorvusKernel 0.2). This brings with it Xpad support, removal of the Blue light of DOOM, and 1.5ghz overclock (but the standard is 1ghz, not 1.5 as with the bug in the 0.2 kernel). It also has the fixed memory management patch which comes with the Vegacomb kernel, to make things just that bit sweeter, and hopefully speedier.

No more need for a manual SetCPU file, available overclock speeds should be automatically detected by any decent overclock application, such as SetCPU, CPU Master or No Frills CPU.

grab from post here

Thanks daveleebond, sounds good, il have to do abit more reading about flashing it though i think as got no idea how to do it, il have a read up abit later

yes im on corvus5 now and wanted to install the update, ive read you dont need to wipe anything and can install over corvus5 but really just wanted to know how to do a full install, if you can show me how to do both be great , thanks

put .zip file you wish to apply on root of sd.

You should already have 'rom manager' installed.

-launch it
-click on flash clockworkmod recovery
-choose 'advent vega'
-click on 'reboot into recovery' - (will now reboot into a text based menu)

controls: volume keys=up/down, power=enter/select/OK, back=back

-scroll to 'install from zip' (enter)
-scroll 'choose zip from file' (enter)
-select desired zip from list (enter)
-scroll to the one that confirms it (enter)
-wait until finished (the menu becomes active again)
-reboot or power off

Note:this is from memory but don't think I missed anything, and this is way I have always done it even on my andorid phones.

thanks il give it ago, is this just to update corvus5 to sp1 or is this how i would install all roms ? like for example when that vegacomb gets finished il probably give that a try, so is this the way i would do that ? thanks again daveleebond been a big help,

thanks il give it ago, is this just to update corvus5 to sp1 or is this how i would install all roms ? like for example when that vegacomb gets finished il probably give that a try, so is this the way i would do that ? thanks again daveleebond been a big help,

most roms EXCEPT newer version of vegacomb which needs a new base rom to be installed before hand to change to size of the system partition.

most roms EXCEPT newer version of vegacomb which needs a new base rom to be installed before hand to change to size of the system partition.

ar right, gets abit confusing then at first then lol, do you use that modaco site for evderything ?

right sorted the rom part, im now on corvus5 sp1, it dint wipe it though , which i suppose was good thing this time but shortly i think i will want to wipe it and start again as got loads of stuff on it from testing this and downloading that lol, im presuming then the vegacomb etc needs to be done threw a different way that actually wipes the vega first and then flashes it, im struggling to find tutorials though to be honest, thanks for all t he help, thanks

wiping can be done through clockwork recovery (the text menu), just choose 'wipe/factory reset' from main menu and 'wipe dalvik' from advanced menu, data is now wiped.

this is the best vegacomb thread, also checkout the vega parts of XDA-developers forum as well as modaco.

thanks mate, for now im gona stick with this corvus5 sp1, i havent tried any other roms but i dont think i need to jusdt yet this one is great, vegacomb is meant to be faster with more tweaks etc so when thats finished il go with that i think or at least try it, but sopunds great,
just wondering if there is a way to change the home button, i sometimes have trouble pressing it for some reason, some times it will just respond straight away but others its like it isnt registering im pressing it, usually when things are downloading or soemthing and the arrowes are there aswell, most of the time im holding the power button down and choosing the home option form there, thanks

thanks mate, for now im gona stick with this corvus5 sp1, i havent tried any other roms but i dont think i need to jusdt yet this one is great, vegacomb is meant to be faster with more tweaks etc so when thats finished il go with that i think or at least try it, but sopunds great,
just wondering if there is a way to change the home button, i sometimes have trouble pressing it for some reason, some times it will just respond straight away but others its like it isnt registering im pressing it, usually when things are downloading or soemthing and the arrowes are there aswell, most of the time im holding the power button down and choosing the home option form there, thanks

have you run the 'screen calibration' app?
also try install 'button saviour', it gives you a slide in menu from left or right with several options including HOME.

have you run the 'screen calibration' app?
also try install 'button saviour', it gives you a slide in menu from left or right with several options including HOME.

no i havent tried screen calibration but i think i have seen it on my advent, il have look for it now, il also have a look for that buitton saviour sounds quite good, thanks

hi, ive just done the screen calibration thing, there was 3 options , update firmware, recalibrate screen and display firmware version, so i choose recailbrate screen and it camer up do not touch the screen as its doing it, but now i have a like suitcase looking icon in the top left corner near the home button and when i click on it to scroll the screen down it says notifications updates available, so is that just a update for the screen calibration app, im not really sure, ive just clicked on display firmware version and it says firmware version 1.7.0.18 and config version 1.7.5.8, does that sound about right or am i best doing the update ? thanks

also mate ive gone to the android market and searched for button saviour and theres 2, ones button saviour (root) and the other one is button saviour pro key (root), im presuming the pro one is abit different with it not been free but is it needed or will the free version be enough ? which one do you use ? thanks

little update i have tried the free one and i like it, main home button seems more responsive now aswell but button saviour seems quite good, thanks daveleebond for helping me mate,

Last edited:
Back