Idiots Guide for making Cheese on Toast

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
For those that are sick of eating Bacon sandwiches.

1. Get yourself 175 grams of cheese and 2 slices of bread.

2. You need a chopping board, a grater, toaster, grill and a plate.

3. Turn on the grill

4. Grate the cheese onto the chopping board.

5. Get the bread and put it into the toaster. Dont forget to press down the Handle on the Toaster. When the toast pops up, remove from the toaster.

6. Put half of the cheese on one slice of toast, and the other half on the other.

7. put the 2 slices of toast under the Grill.

8, Grill untill the cheese has melted and put onto the Plate.

9. Cut the slices of Cheese on Toast in half and serve,

LOL

and belive it or not
Im eating it now while reading ur post lol

freaky

Toast both sides of the bread?

I thinks its better to toast one side under the grill, then turn around and melt the cheese on the un-toasted side.

Then a little sprinkle of pepper, jobs a good un.

Or is that toastied cheese rather than cheese on toast?

You forgot the Lea and Perrins! Absolutely essential for cheese on toast!

Its nice to see peeps with their different versions, lee and perrins is nice as well, so is Onion, or red onion .

Also you could put a layer of Tuna fish onto the toast with the cheese on top ( my favourite ) then grill it.

Tomato is nice too.

and i would imagine, Choritso sausage slices on the top would taste nice, gonna try that next

Or you could have a layer of tuna then a layer or chorizo then a layer of pepperammi then a layer of oniions then a layer of meatballs then a layer of chicken then a layer of bacon then some cheese then a heart attack?

There's also the difficult question of which cheese to use. According to the experts, Red Leicester is best for cheese on toast. I prefer Cheddar myself, but there are those who swear by Wensleydale.

Or you could have a layer of tuna then a layer or chorizo then a layer of pepperammi then a layer of oniions then a layer of meatballs then a layer of chicken then a layer of bacon then some cheese then a heart attack?

Just stick a pizza in the oven, its gotta be easier

I too prefer mine grilled one side under the grill. Then flip, cover with cheese and sprinkle mixed herbs on top of the cheese and bang back under the grill ;)

That would be a mighty meaty pizza wouldn't it lol ;)

:)

Good old Welsh Rarebit. Brown sauce all the way for me. But I find if you use emmental, or edam cheese it tastes even better.

Right you've got to toast one side under the grill then butter the other side before you put the cheese on ,then sprinkle with black pepper when toasted ,mmmmm i'm going to have some now i'm starving reading this thread lol

Yeah cheese on toast is o.k if you are fed up with bacon butties...but who in their right mind would ever be fed up wth bacon butties....unless you don't or can't eat bacon that is.

For me it has to be plain bread and half toasted then Cathedral cheese on half toasted side. Preferably a heel of the plain bread.

Now I'm hungry.

:Cheers: Steve.

Back