Persian food

Mansour_Farkhondeh

Inactive User
Reaction score
KooKoo Sabzi receipe,

To start, I am not a cook but I like to share a receipe that I leant from my mother on my last visit to my country. This slightly different from the usual receipies that I have tasted. I feel it is worthwhile meal to cook.

It is quick to make, cheaper and tastier than most of Persian meals. It is also there is no meat in this meal so everyone can enjoy it.

Before starting, I recommend a visit to the fruit shop to buy the vegetables fresh or visit your local Persian/Indian shop to purchase Kookoo (vegetable souffle = Chives (Tareh), cilantro (geshneez) and dill (shevid).

Being a busy man, I usually purchase them in good Perian/Indian shops/Supermarkets.

Incredients;

1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tspTurmaric
1 clove of garlic
4 Eggs
1 Slice of Bread
100g butter
75g vegetable suffle
1 Medium Onion

Break the eggs into a bowl, then grate the onion, garlic and add to the mix, add the Vegetable shuffle and salt, pepper, Turmaric to the mix Wet the bread and break it to the bowl and mix well.

Add the butter to a large pan and pour the mixture into the pan and either fry or place in 180 degrees for 10 minutes, checking and turning it over to cook both sides.

This will go well with a salad usually and Nan bread. Enjoy :)

Back