how to compile neutrino for the dm500

munchkin

Member ++
Reaction score
This is mainly to answer alexh's questions here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/209983/#post1553975 now he can look at the code for himself.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

much better now it is in the main cvs
the --prefix=/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs/root and --with-cvsdir=/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs the ubuntu is the logon name so will need changing.

busybox 1.7 and so far everything works so no need to add bits to it.
remote is a little sqiffy on a few keys but easy enough to change in the rcinput.cpp

not tried cable yet but sweet as a nut on my 500-s

the standby threw me as it's only the green light, I prefer the red and green as i knew then it was in standby.

the with --with-defaultlocale=english gets acknowledged then ignored but no biggy as can change it to english on 1st boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not the source for DW's Neutrino 2.0 is it?

From what I have read, I believe there has been some changes made by Cydine_ to the official Neutrino CVS tree specially for DigitalWorldz? The so called "VM channel order scanning"?

Is that code part of the main repository?

I dunno about this tree, but standby in DW2.x on DM500(c) is totally shite. You put it into standby and all it does is switch off the SCART AV signalling (voltage on PIN16), mute the sound and turn the LED red. (Pretty sure it is not DW's fault, just that the main CVS repository had nothing better!)

Five extra lines of code is all that was needed to properly switch off the DENC outputs (video encoders) so it was not producing syncs and so would not interfere with any other SCART device, but was it in there... no!

It is not as if the code for controlling the DENC isnt in there. It has to be because during a reboot you can see the box turning them off and back on again.

Last edited:
Cydines good work will prob not be part of repository no.
you would need to patch your own CVS with a a patch for it, ( which im not sure if cydine has made public or not )

This is not the source for DW's Neutrino 2.0 is it?

From what I have read, I believe there has been some changes made by Cydine_ to the official Neutrino CVS tree specially for DigitalWorldz? The so called "VM channel order scanning"?

Is that code part of the main repository?

This is the base image source,everything else has to be patched into this.

Cydines good work will prob not be part of repository no.
you would need to patch your own CVS with a a patch for it, ( which im not sure if cydine has made public or not )

Its public if you know where to look ;)
Maybe if he reads this he will upload it here.

Is there a changelog describing the patches that need to be applied from the base Neutrino for DM500 code to make a DW Neutrino 2.0 image?

Doesn't have to be detailed, just a few words?

Anyone got a Vulcan HRM PDF?

Last edited:
Sorry for any delays I have been away for a couple od days.

The patch is in the public domain for cydines vm scanning.

I have it here but it's not my place to post it, hopefully cydine will post it.

There are other changes but nothing major.

dw version 2 would have been compiled the old way which no longer works from scratch, it uses a modified busybox version 1 this new method gives us busybox 1.7. The emu menu's are standard ones that can be found with a search and the shellexec is easy to copy out of dw version 2 other than that it is pretty much cvs standard.

Back