How to keep an idiot on the phone for 30 minutes or more.......

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So today was one of those days, i actually never thought it would happen to me but it did;

Pottering around the house, doing a spot of DIY and I took a wonderful phone call from "Global IT Solutions". Apparently My PC was transmitting a virus across the internet, and they were going to fix it for me!! as i rubbed my hands in glee :)

The "introducer" passed me onto their supervisor because I'm also a very important client.....

Indian John that could barely speak English, but was living in Manchester where it was sunny (apparently) was going to have his time wasted big time......(Manchester, I mean c'mon no one has jobs there....pffft ;)). I told him I went to Manchester once to buy a wetsuit for my scuba diving club, but it wasn't very good........he didn't say much to that oddly.

I did say he had a strange accent for a Mancunian, and he just replied, "yes I'm in Manchester and my name is John".....really

Let the confusion commence.....

• I didn't know what version of windows I had, so much so that he gave up asking me to navigate
  • My PC must have crashed about 4 times...with a miraculous "not responding"; I asked them if this was the virus, "oh yes definitely sir"
  • I didn't have a windows key on my keyboard....
  • Internet Exploder just wasn't working and tying in "www.ammyy.com" ten times must have been frustrating, it must have been equally frustrating when I couldn't see the big green button on the page, just as I mistakenly closed the page, 3 times......well it must have been he must have said "Oh My God, what are you doing" more than the average person.
  • I couldn't spell run, so much so that I even typed it as "run and run"; hey that's what he said I would see....
  • When I did get to the page, I asked him if he would see my history, when he said yes I broke down asking him not to tell my wife about all the dirty sites I'd visited and if he could fix that too, but it would be even better if he knew any of the women on the sites...he just laughed and said yes.....
  • He finally cracked when he asked me what was on my screen and I told him it says "big jubbly jugs dot com"

At that point, his tone changed, he actually said "are you f**** kidding me", "you're f****ing joking right"

I asked him again if he could fix it because I was really concerned about this virus, but apparently not, apparently I was a "motherf***er" and had wasted his time.... (you really had to hear how he said it, there was definite anger in his voice)

I found it quite amusing, to which he called me a "motherf***er" again and put the phone down...not before me asking him again why he couldn't fix it...

Ahhhhhhh, I've never done something that tasted so sweet...

Naturally that was the compressed version, but as I sat there with my feet up and randomly clicked some keys just so it sounded like I was doing something, or told him I had to reboot things really did stretch out...

I think at one point I had a mac, but maybe it was a PC but I just couldn't tell .....

Last edited:
i wouldn't worry about it mate, i will buy a new pc as i have had a email from a Nigerian who assures me i will be a millionaire once his bank clears his money , i sent my cash off in a instant, well, be daft not to tbh ;)

So today was one of those days, i actually never thought it would happen to me but it did;

Pottering around the house, doing a spot of DIY and I took a wonderful phone call from "Global IT Solutions". Apparently My PC was transmitting a virus across the internet, and they were going to fix it for me!! as i rubbed my hands in glee :)

The "introducer" passed me onto their supervisor because I'm also a very important client.....

Indian John that could barely speak English, but was living in Manchester where it was sunny (apparently) was going to have his time wasted big time......(Manchester, I mean c'mon no one has jobs there....pffft ;)). I told him I went to Manchester once to buy a wetsuit for my scuba diving club, but it wasn't very good........he didn't say much to that oddly.

I did say he had a strange accent for a Mancunian, and he just replied, "yes I'm in Manchester and my name is John".....really

Let the confusion commence.....

• I didn't know what version of windows I had, so much so that he gave up asking me to navigate
  • My PC must have crashed about 4 times...with a miraculous "not responding"; I asked them if this was the virus, "oh yes definitely sir"
  • I didn't have a windows key on my keyboard....
  • Internet Exploder just wasn't working and tying in "www.ammy.com" ten times must have been frustrating, it must have been equally frustrating when I couldn't see the big green button on the page, just as I mistakenly closed the page, 3 times......well it must have been he must have said "Oh My God, what are you doing" more than the average person.
  • I couldn't spell run, so much so that I even typed it as "run and run"; hey that's what he said I would see....
  • When I did get to the page, I asked him if he would see my history, when he said yes I broke down asking him not to tell my wife about all the dirty sites I'd visited and if he could fix that too, but it would be even better if he knew any of the women on the sites...he just laughed and said yes.....
  • He finally cracked when he asked me what was on my screen and I told him it says "big jubbly jugs dot com"

At that point, his tone changed, he actually said "are you f**** kidding me", "your f****ing joking right"

I asked him again if he could fix it because I was really concerned about this virus, but apparently not, apparently I was a "motherf***er" and had wasted his time....

I found it quite amusing, to which he called me a "motherf****r" again and put the phone down...not before me asking him again why he couldn't fix it...

Ahhhhhhh, I've never done something that tasted so sweet...

Naturally that was the compressed version, but as I sat with my feet up and randomly clicked some keys just so it sounded like I was doing something, or told him I had to reboot things really did stretch out...

I think at one point I had a mac, but maybe it was a PC but I just couldn't tell .....

Hmm, you are naughty, but I like you ;)

i wouldn't worry about it mate, i will buy a new pc as i have had a email from a Nigerian who assures me i will be a millionaire once his bank clears his money , i sent my cash off in a instant, well, be daft not to tbh ;)
Is that the son of the exiled king who emailed me to help him get his money out of the country ?
I was only to willing to help the poor chap but when i asked for his bank details and any pin numbers he had, he never responded.
Maybe the bad guys got to him.

Is that the son of the exiled king who emailed me to help him get his money out of the country ?
I was only to willing to help the poor chap but when i asked for his bank details and any pin numbers he had, he never responded.
Maybe the bad guys got to him.

You silly person! You're supposed to send them the administration fee and your bank details! How on earth would you otherwise expect to collect millions of dollars???

Muppet!

;)

Oh i see. How silly of me.
Guess i'm never going to rich beyond my wildest dreams then.

Ahhh, there really is nothing like messing with foreigners to make your day just swell. I almost wish you had a recording of the convo to put up on YouTube so that I may laugh even more at Manchester John's behest. Truly a red letter day, lol. :D

The thing is, these guys are quite obviously educated, they have some IT skills, so why not go out and do what most other Indian/Pakistani etc do; get a real job....

I loved the fake sound of a call center in the background...

The thing is, these guys are quite obviously educated, they have some IT skills, so why not go out and do what most other Indian/Pakistani etc do; get a real job....

Or British! I had the plummy 'Investment Consultant' on last night, again. I'm losing patience with them now so I wasted no time telling him what I thought of him and his scumbag lifestyle.

Nah, I think @Exos had the right idea. Keep them on the phone for as long as your patience allows.... if we all did that they'd eventually get the message . I did manage to keep Mr. Micro$oft on for 45 min's... his favourite question was 'Is you PC switched on?'. I take it he had to tick that box to get onto the next screen LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably because he gets paid more for doing that he is doing.

@Exos is this you? pmpl :Laugh:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Exos is this you? pmpl :Laugh:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's a bigger dick than the guy on the phone. It wasn't even funny.

He's a bigger dick than the guy on the phone. It wasn't even funny.

Really? I worry about you sometimes @Exos you are losing your sense of humour very fast now. It's a joke in fun and laughter for Christ sake. :(

Really? I worry about you sometimes @Exos you are losing your sense of humour very fast now. It's a joke in fun and laughter for Christ sake. :(

I just meant i didn't find anything he did remotely funny. It doesn't take a lot to put on a voice.

Oh dear, oh dear.....

They called me again today. They really must want my business badly.

Back