How do I fit the LNB onto the dish?

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is doing my head in lads, wasted a few hours this morning but I can't seem to figure out how the LNB fits onto the dish.

Does this look correct so far?

DSCF7641.jpg

DSCF7640.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

yeah looks right so far mate.

you should have a small bit of box sexction that fits into the bottom of the disch on tyhe front where the cut out is. the lnb then clips into the end of that

Cheers neorage.

So this is how it's meant to fit? How would it stay in there, what would hold it into place?

DSCF7641a.jpg

The plastic is too large to fit through the metal of the dish :(

Looks like a bit of the lnb arm is missing mate

Oh dear :CRYBABY:

I better phone the sky dude, he's gonna get his ass whooped after he's installed the damn thing.

Cheers Rodders

Hope that helps

Sorry about size damm camera lol

Last edited:
Thanks mate, that helps for sure!

I think I needed to pull the arm out of the bracket to attach to the LNB. I'll try that now..

if you still get stuck mate im about friday all day ill pop by and give ya a hand..

i really should getinto dish installaion as a carreer lol

Cheers neorage, your photo's helped out. Numpty Munkey didn't fold the arm out before attaching the dish, doh bloody doh.

That's the easy part over, now I'm going to use the force to try and help me guess where this Astra satellite is.

According to multimap,

Lat: 51:34:52N (51.58115)
Lon: 0:04:34E (0.07605)

better read Digi's guide again, I have no idea what to do with those figures.

Last edited:
look where other dishes are ponting.. if you got the elevation right (27°) you should be able to get it easy enough with small movements..

also use dish pointer to get a rough idea what way you want to be pointing

It's not looking too good lads. I've got a bottle of Corona in one hand and a sat dish in the other and I'm walking up and down my road staring at peoples sat dishes and then staring at the sky.

If I get nicked you lot can be my witness.

I could swear everyones dishes are pointing east instead of south. Better take another swig I reckon, scratch my ass and look at the sky.

Last edited:
It's not looking too good lads. I've got a bottle of Corona in one hand and a sat dish in the other and I'm walking up and down my road staring at peoples sat dishes and then staring at the sky.

If I get nicked you lot can be my witness.

I could swear everyones dishes are pointing east instead of south. Better take another swig I reckon, scratch my ass and look at the sky.

LOL I can well imagine the neighbours thinking you've finally lost it. :proud:

:Cheers:

Munkey, is your brakcet already on the wall I take it?

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com get the line of sight your roughly looking for.

Now what I normally do I wire up the dish to the box.

I use pli jade and have it set on sat find to 28e. Now if its possible have a portable tv in eye shot so you can see the % levels your getting or if you have some one who can shout when you got it at about 95% or there or there abouts.

Once your getting this tighten it all up and run a scan.

Munkey, is your brakcet already on the wall I take it?

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com get the line of sight your roughly looking for.

Now what I normally do I wire up the dish to the box.

I use pli jade and have it set on sat find to 28e. Now if its possible have a portable tv in eye shot so you can see the % levels your getting or if you have some one who can shout when you got it at about 95% or there or there abouts.

Once your getting this tighten it all up and run a scan.

That's a great site Rodders, thanks for the link. I typed in my lat/lon and it drew a line of site for the dish to point at (Astra 28.2e).

Unfortunately I don't have a TV linked up to the box yet so I'll have a go at that tomorrow morning, seems straightforward enough now.

Tomorrow I'll be statalitted up, yipeee.

:Cheers:

Neorage suggested first but you must have been that excited you didnt read it :)

Aye its def a handy giving you a line of site.

Once you got it hooked up mate and on sat find with the box your sorted mate.

Just move the dish on dishpointer to roughly where your one is and then you can get your best line

Last edited:
lol Rodders I didn't read this thread to well. It's all neorage's fault, he went and uploaded some high def pics of his satellite dish and I figured out where I was going wrong. Then I was standing in the garden and I asked the granny next door if she could see the bit sticking out of my sat, my day changed from there on. and yes I did use vaseline as per the FAQ.

Back