How do get Astra 1h/1l/1m foreign channels?

tftdrd

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is going on a different tack to my previous thread.
I have two dishes at the moment. One on 13'E (Hotbird) and one on 19.2E (sky sat)

Now, I was thinking of ditching Sky as I rarely watch it, and also it is costing too much to an almost unemployed person.

So I took the lead to the dish pointing at 19.2E and fixed it to the ROSS HDR8130USB digital box and set it to scan the Astra 1H/1L/1M setting.

All I got was the standard UK digital channels, but I want to be able to receive the german channels also available on this satellite (so I am told)

Please does anyone know how I can obtain these channels without paying megabucks for someone to come and configure it for me?

I am also thinking of getting someone to move the other dish to W4 for the French channels, but would like to see if is my box that won't receive the channels or the dish. I've not a lot of cash to spare and need to know early if it is the box rather than the dish.

Thank you in advance

Terry

Your dish must be pointing at 28e not 19.2e. There's no German channels on 28e. They all disappeared years ago when the signals changed from analogue to digital. There are no standard UK digital channels on 19.2e either.

Your dish must be pointing at 28e not 19.2e. There's no German channels on 28e. They all disappeared years ago when the signals changed from analogue to digital. There are no standard UK digital channels on 19.2e either.

Hmmm!! That is interesting.
I was told that SkyDigital pointed at 19, but you may have hit on something.

Anyway - even if it IS pointing at 28E there is nothing there either!

Anyway - found a guy in Hull who is going to help.

... if he ever rings me back that is...

Thanks

Back