LNB issue I think

piggy13

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, well as it's near Christmas and every year something goes tits up in our house !
So this year it's DM8000 that has lost all horizontal channels. Now it's not the box as I've tried it on another dish. Also when I connect my Zgemma that also only picks up the vertical transponders.
My feeling is that it's not anything to do with the alignment, but it's the LNB gone tits up.
Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks to you both, it's a sky dish, not the mini the larger one with quad lnb.
Any recommendations on a good lnb ?

What bo do you have and any plans on changing?

Sorry I missed that, no point in getting a unicable LNB then unless looking to change box or have more receivers around the house, it still might be worth it though for an extra £20-30 to future proof

What bo do you have and any plans on changing?
Ha ha, thought it might be box. Yes as manic01 kindly pointed out it's a DM8000HD and has served me well for many years.
No plans on swapping it out for a newer type as yet. It is up and running again but only on one tuner (feed from a second dish) until I get round to changing the LNB. And besides that the wife uses it to record all sorts of crap :rolleyes:, even though she could use catch up on the TV and have IPTV on the TV as well.

Ok, so I've encountered another issue.....
Before suspecting the LNB I flashed the box with Opli 9 (was running Opli 6 I think).
Now I've got that to where I think it's worth backing up the image the backup throws an error for second stage loader (Reinstall secondstage before creating backup.

opkg install --force-reinstall dreambox-secondstage-dm8000.

How do I do this ? Or do I flash the box again with one of my older saved backups.

I would like to Ideally keep this on Opli 9

I do have DCC on my PC , can it be done through telnet ?

Last edited:
this might be worth looking at bit more expensive than a quad but gives you a lot more functionality, basically it gives you 32 outputs, but you just use 1 cable and splitter (like you do with cable).

Back