HD Satellite Receiver - Which one?

M8 best option is to install barry allen and you can have multiboot. Install some images and then select from barry allen menu the one you wish to boot. Personally I find gemini image the best. I love the skin Kerni HD :proud:

go for an IPbox 910 or better still a 9000.

those that say CCcam will never be done for these, i dont know where you get your info.

Now that Enigma2 has been written, its just a matter of time before the team behind CCcam start suporting the IPboxes.

The quality of the box is superb, it upscales to TV as near to HD as possible.

You can play Divx movies, mp3s, Xvid from an internal hard drive ( optional )

They have pause TV like sly+

and controling your box through the web interface is a nice touch too, very different to that of a DM.

The support for the IPboxes is moving along nicely now.

A DM800 is HD through a DVI cable, and the DM8000 is still not available yet, maybe January.

A DM800 is HD through a DVI cable, and the DM8000 is still not available yet, maybe January.

What is the difference for the video data between dvi and hdmi?
Right, there is none.
Beside that dmm is using the unused lines at the dvi interface for audio if you select the right option and you get the normal range of hdmi signals at the other side of the dmm adapter.
The big advantage of this solution is nobody can force dmm to introduce hdcp via an hdmi licence because there is none.

I'd disagree that support for the Ipbox is "moving along nicely" :)
Almost a year of development and its still nowhere near being decent support imho. The quality of the box is no different to the quality of varous HD receivers available for choice, so its a non-arguement for me.
I'm not totally defending dmm because they have more to do, but i'm just adding some reality to the post because of the biased comments that i disagree with, sorry Aftermath. Ipbox needs more development and support to become a serious alternative option, and they need cccam too.

those that say CCcam will never be done for these, i dont know where you get your info.

Now that Enigma2 has been written, its just a matter of time before the team behind CCcam start suporting the IPboxes.

and controling your box through the web interface is a nice touch too, very different to that of a DM.

m8 have you got one? i have had my eyes on the 9000hd twin tuner one for some time now but wanted to wait till someone had hands on exp instead of beliveing the hype behind web posts and reviews.

yes he has had one since they first came out,i am also getting a ipbox 910hd hopefully this week now enigma 2 is out for there as even more support should follow now:proud:

DONT DO IT, maybe the 910 will be ok but forget the 9000

u will buy a 9000 to use twin tuners which DONT work

Enigma 2 is still a baby at the moment, no image to flash just a tar.gz to extract to a usb, then fook about with the boot loader (maybe kill ur box)

then when u get it all running. boom no twin tuner and considering DGS cant get there own software to work correctly with twin tuner, E2 no way

then CCcam is comming to the ipbox, YEAH RIGHT!!!!! us ip/relook owners have been without CCcam for over a year (no support). just because someone has ripped E2 on to the box CCcam will support it???

CCcam team work for DM (who i cant see them being too happy E2 is ripped), so they will willingly compile a SH4 version for the ipbox????

divx, and how long have you waited for that? does it work proper??

false advertising is all i can say. people will read that and buy 1 only to be disapointed when they realize with a toss pot company DGS is

have you personally tried one

nope, and TBH i wont unless it was dirt cheep and then only the 910. atleast it will have enigma 1 soon or even enigma 2 would be ok as you are only using 1 tuner. cause lets face it DGS software aint up to much. slow, ugly, bugs galore, dont work as stated, closed source. i know i visit the main DGS forum daily

but forget the 9000. DGS have never been able to get twin tuner working proper with SD boxes so good luck with 9000 cause it dont work! ask any ipbox9000 if they can record 2 encrypted channels on different transponers and the answer will be no!!

many cards do not work in the card readers, so buy a phionex reader when u get 1, Dolbys not working, ooo the list goes on. all i can say is if you do go for 1 read read and read somemore

dont be fooled be people saying this is great its the dogs bollocks cause in 6 months time they will saying its shit, this STILL anit fixed, THATS not working, well it works on the DM8000

Not getting into this one, ive looked at the ip box , but on previous experience i had a relook (same)got working ok but after months and months of messing about and searching etc i finally gave up and bought something else with loads more support and been well pleased,
so my opinion is if you have more advice and looking and learning is easier, go for the easy ones , not as if they are lol
Regards Boris

what one did you go for ,and as for the easy ones there boring lol :proud:

well i have got an 9000 hd box and i am selling it.
i dont like it much ....
the software is no where what it should be really it needs too much messing about with and things to get it working but then it still isnt perfect, the decryptin of kable channels with mg camd doesnt work very well....well it does but it has intermittant freezing, incubus does allow you to connect to cc camd but incubus doesnt allow decryptin of kable so it falls down there abit as you have to swap and change cams and things when changing from kable to sat (i had a s2 tuner in and a c tuner) i found it to be really annoying having to switch back and forth from cam to cam especially because all the channels arranged in favs were from sat and kable mixed in the same bouquettes.
also the epg doesnt work it only works for the transponder that you are on at the time so this lets down the timer record ... schedualing recording from epg (so this doesnt work because the epg doesnt).

the box does have good hardware but it is the software that lets it down dgs were the ones to remove the epg support because it can cause too many problems when it stores the epg data so the little fix of xmltv that is available isnt as good as what i would like because it takes much messing about with to get it working and then not all the channels are available and this is not an automatic process the file has to be created on the pc and uploaded to the box every 2 days or so also when you reboot the data has to be loaded back to get the epg on screen again.

i really do think this box has potential and i think that enigma 2 will be the way forward but it is a complex process and as for getting the twin tuner working and also the support for the kable it needs time and lots of things doing and developing.

hopefully one day when the software is good for this box i will own one again.

but until then i am in the process of looking round for a better alternative to the 9000 hd....
i would like a twin tuner box that has 1 c tuner and one s2 tuner and also one that supports an internal hard drive for recording and the feature of timeshift to be able to pause and rewind live tv....i would also like it to have a fully working epg

if anybody knows of an alternative box for me to get now please let me know the name and maybe where i can get one from if you like to pm i would be greatful

thanks so much

usint the 9000 at the mo and seems ok but never used it for cable and sat so i would suppose it would be a coont,,,,,,,,,,,i think dreambox 7025 have two tuners but they aint had or the db8000 which is feckin loads of dollar lol

Last edited:
got the tm6900hd super and really chuffed with it mate. havent used newcamd on it yet (dont know how & sceptical about paying hosts) but am hoping this makes me even more happy!!!

which one did you get?

i dont like it much ....
the software is no where what it should be really it needs too much messing about with and things to get it working but then it still isnt perfect, the decryptin of kable channels with mg camd doesnt work very well....well it does but it has intermittant freezing, incubus does allow you to connect to cc camd but incubus doesnt allow decryptin of kable so it falls down there abit as you have to swap and change cams and things when changing from kable to sat (i had a s2 tuner in and a c tuner) i found it to be really annoying having to switch back and forth from cam to cam especially because all the channels arranged in favs were from sat and kable mixed in the same bouquettes.
also the epg doesnt work it only works for the transponder that you are on at the time so this lets down the timer record ... schedualing recording from epg (so this doesnt work because the epg doesnt).

the box does have good hardware but it is the software that lets it down dgs were the ones to remove the epg support because it can cause too many problems when it stores the epg data so the little fix of xmltv that is available isnt as good as what i would like because it takes much messing about with to get it working and then not all the channels are available and this is not an automatic process the file has to be created on the pc and uploaded to the box every 2 days or so also when you reboot the data has to be loaded back to get the epg on screen again.

i really do think this box has potential and i think that enigma 2 will be the way forward but it is a complex process and as for getting the twin tuner working and also the support for the kable it needs time and lots of things doing and developing.

but until then i am in the process of looking round for a better alternative to the 9000 hd....
i would like a twin tuner box that has 1 c tuner and one s2 tuner and also one that supports an internal hard drive for recording and the feature of timeshift to be able to pause and rewind live tv....i would also like it to have a fully working epg

if anybody knows of an alternative box for me to get now please let me know the name and maybe where i can get one from if you like to pm i would be greatful

thanks so much

i see you are getting on very well with the ipbox mate

Noob to site,,PMSL at post!

i dont like it much ....

thanks so much

i see you are getting on very well with the ipbox mate
:banana:i've been really stressed at the lack of support i got from my box provider-espesially as it has 2 hardware faults, i;m also going thru what this poor chap went thru (lol),but without support!?!
but reading this post and the one liner at the end makes this journey worth while!:Clap:

Last edited:
Re: Noob to site,,PMSL at post!

:banana:i've been really stressed at the lack of support i got from my box provider-espesially as it has 2 hardware faults, i;m also going thru what this poor chap went thru (lol),but without support!?!
but reading this post and the one liner at the end makes this journey worth while!:Clap:
reason for my reply is he bought another :proud:

Back