HD Satellite Receiver - Which one?

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a HD Satellite Receiver but not sure which one, would also like to abilty to record

I've already got a HD SKY+ receiver and initially plan to run the new receiver off the sky dish until I get a motorized dish installed, then would be looking to pickup live premiership games

Dreambox DM800, unless u want to wait for the DM8000 to be released.

In 2006 dream multimedia annouced they would be releasing the dreambox dm8000 sometime around 'August'. Rumour re-circulated early 2007 that it would be August 2007. Again, earlier this year it was said to be 'August 2008'. DreamMM confirmed it would be 'immenent' several months back. After xmas we shall be saying 'August 2009'

Hope that helps.

You could also consider the Technomate tm6900 super, although that does not have cardshare capabilities. It does have pvr ability and is a good reliable piece of kit.

When is the DM8000 due to be released?

Is it possible to ##not allowed##?

Apologies

You could also consider the Technomate tm6900 super, although that does not have cardshare capabilities. It does have pvr ability and is a good reliable piece of kit.

Does the dm800 have cardshare capabilities? Also is the DM800 worth more than £100 over the TM6900?

Cheers

you can c/s with the 800 no probs and if you can find a good share then you will have lots of hd chans so if it was me i would go for it or wait till the 8000 comes

can u get some sort of HD decoder to tack onto a techy 1500 to allow us to view HD cheaply?

the DM800 DOES work for c/s, and if HD channels arepart of the subs being shared, then youll get those as well

the new 68/6900 super series of technomates now can also cardshare, im still waiting for the exact details though, but its using newcamd protocol, i know the older patches used to do this when connected to a PC via null modem lead by using SSSP, but the new super series also has an ethernet port, more info when i get it ;)

sure would m8 and a friend of mine has a hd sat receiver and says the dreambox is way better than the . receiver also you can now use cccam on different receiver the ip900 and 9000 that alot of people seem to use

Last edited by a moderator:
sure would m8 and a friend of mine has a hd sat receiver and says the dreambox is way better than the . receiver also you can now use cccam on different receiver the ip900 and 9000 that alot of people seem to use

you cant use CCcam and never will, there using inobucamd or some shite thats has hacked CCcam protocol. the emu is far from a working soloution and wont be for a while yet. and when they finnally release it CCcam will change protocol and render it usless with CCcam.

you cant use CCcam and never will, there using inobucamd or some shite thats has hacked CCcam protocol. the emu is far from a working soloution and wont be for a while yet. and when they finnally release it CCcam will change protocol and render it usless with CCcam.

Thats confussed me, I'm just trying to get into this satellite business so whats a CCcam

hi to all, i am running a 6900 techno combo, very easy to use and plenty of updates and help if you need it. am thinking of getting the 6900 combo super with the new software that has now become available, these boxes have got everthing that you will need.

Cccam is software used on dreambox receivers to share cards, but it is 1 of many different 'cams'. Other popular cams are Newcamd, Newcs, Gbox, Camd3 etc -generally depends on what server you connect to and what it is using.

The Technomate 6900 super is now a very good purchase for HD satellite. It is now able to connect to shares but not cccam or gbox ones (who cares), so it does really have everything most need. Dreambox has more capability but at a cost of user friendlyness.
I agree that Ipbox, Kathrein and other receivers just cant be compared in the same league as Dreambox (or Technomate), so if you want cccam then simply get a dreambox.

Cccam is software used on dreambox receivers to share cards, but it is 1 of many different 'cams'. Other popular cams are Newcamd, Newcs, Gbox, Camd3 etc -generally depends on what server you connect to and what it is using.

The Technomate 6900 super is now a very good purchase for HD satellite. It is now able to connect to shares but not cccam or gbox ones (who cares), so it does really have everything most need. Dreambox has more capability but at a cost of user friendlyness.
I agree that Ipbox, Kathrein and other receivers just cant be compared in the same league as Dreambox (or Technomate), so if you want cccam then simply get a dreambox.

Thanks for the info but where can I find out about C/S if it is not openly allowed to be talked about here

Looks like I'll be looking into either the DM800 or TM6900 so another question would be can I use my current sly card in either of these recievers?

There was talk back when dream killed of alot of the clones that there could be some thing to follow with the cam teams from what has been said cccam was payed for by dream this is the only way i can see cccam not wanting any other receiver to be able to user there cam we will just have to wait and see what happens , but as long as they fix a certain card in the next update ill be happy lol

hi tony, you can use your sly card in the 6900 box, but you have to put it back in its own box once a month so sly can update it. i just put it in over night then pop it back into the 6900, cant say about the other boxes.

a sly card will work in a DM 800, but its recommended NOT to use newcs 1.50 to read the card as this causes it to be massivly overclocked and will probably damage the card

the issues with the 6900 updating the sly cards is being worked on and is very close to being resolved

C/S can be discussed but you have to watch what you are saying, post any questions and theyll be answered as best as possible, your original question may be edited to keep within the forum rules though ;)

Thanks all for the info, got a much better idea now

hopefully next month I'm going to get a DM800

just another question until then, the sly+ boxes can record 2 channels while watching a pre-recorded one - what capabilities have the DM800 & TM6900

As far as i know the DM800 has 1 tuner only but the technomate has 2 so if the technomate tuners are plug n play then you could (possibly) add another sat tuner instead if the freeview one therefor have 2 sat tuners same as sky +.

Maybe someone else can confirm this to be the case 100%.

Back