Does your HD box suffer lip sync

• Yes badly (daily)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes occasionally (weekly)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
for some reason the wifi refuses to connect on this new receiver. i know its working, as it picks up the wifi broadcasts available in my area. i fill in the details and it refuses to connect. turning security off IS NOT an option, as it worked perfectly before. ive even factory reset and reflashed with the same image, but it still refuses to connect

untill i can get this sorted, it looks like im unable to test the wifi theory

Hi mate,

Dont think to wifi works properly on some secured networks, which is why I dont I dont use wifi as my default connection

Reflashed and loaded Rats list(Integrated network) this time i did a full factory reset before flashing. Switched on Channel 5hd and left it running about 30 mins no lip sync.Activated wifi and within 5 mins momentary freeze (milliseconds) and lip sync out.Back to integrated network and no lip sync been running nearly 45 mins now without issue.Changed back to wifi 15 mins on and out of sync.

Nice one jsaw :)
thanks for taking time on a Saturday evening to test this out as Im sure you have better things to do on a weekend

so it would seem wifi could be the problem here, now to work out is the wifi problem to do with us or recent update in software on the box ?

but saying that some have it hard wired and still suffer issues ???

nice one guys, as Rat said I have also heard there is a new image on the horizon, however I doubt it will solve any problems with the wifi.

for anyone really struggling I purchased some Lan over mains plugs of ebay for £20 for the pair which I use on my 600 and they works a treat

I dont think it has anything to do with wifi. My box has always been hardwired. Lip sync issues can occur within a couple of minutes or it can take a few hours. TBH I dont think the issue will ever be sorted. I got new box set up by TM before it was sent out and still the problem. In a sad way you sort of get used to it. Am I giving up too easily?

I dont think it has anything to do with wifi. My box has always been hardwired. Lip sync issues can occur within a couple of minutes or it can take a few hours. TBH I dont think the issue will ever be sorted. I got new box set up by TM before it was sent out and still the problem. In a sad way you sort of get used to it. Am I giving up too easily?

I have every faith one day all will be sorted

My wireless router is a Belkin n type .
The network state shows

Link quality 100%
Signal strength 26 dBm
Bitrate 135 mbps

just so you can compare and to pre-empt any questions about wifi settings

I have a netgear
Link quality 100%
Signal strength 37 dBm
Bitrate 54 mbps

Well we all hope so mate. From my dealings with TM Im sure they will do everything they can. I know other linux hd boxes have similar problem but haven't had one so cant compare.

this whole linux thing is a learning curve for TM, and in fairness to them, they had to start somewhere

the 800 has not been the ideal retail unit up until this point, but it has got better with age.... better thanks to this forum and the fact TM respect our thoughts and issues

I have said before and will say again, for a company to swap out boxes for new units is virtually un heard off.... and frankley if i was the MD i would not have done it.

We read and type, "beta testers" and in a way we are, but that is apart of the hobby... as normal joe public would buy a box and watch tv, and would not even think about fixing things they may have issues with, different plugins etc etc, (and bottom line is there were no issues, how the hell can you call it a hobby?)

The software guys will sort the problems out, for that i am sure

Rickie, I agree with you up to a point. The single bigest issue with all of us is I think is that when we have a problem and just want to fix it we all chip in our six pence worth from all levels, but the most important link in he chain refuses to acknowledge there is a problem in the first place. He continously tells us his is perfect and if we only followed instructions all will be ok. I have learned that people with a wonderfull understanding of how these boxes work have supplied iq/ur with clear paths to how things might improve but it was all ignored. instead we just keep getting the same old mantra that every other box is as bad as the TM800 that problems we have are because we have not followed instructions etc etc. So apart from the obvious like a finished OE, nxp drivers implemented if the single link in the chain that I am talking about refuses to accept the truth then nothing will be achieved.

J

This thread is another good example of the fallow a/b/c thing.

We have Digi running some insane heat tests, to see if he could recreate lip-sync problems, which he could not
Whilst we are not 100% sure of the problem yet, other members experience it more than others.

Whilst I hear what your saying about my good friend the Dr, I am actually going to stand up for him on this one

Because I followed abc and whilst it doesn't quite do what it says on the box, it is a big improvement on how it was.

A quick ? I thought off in my dreams! Does anyone get lip-sync on BBC HD? Because if they do I can not see how the wifi could be the problem

Roll on IQsept11

It never happens for me on any FTA hd channels Rickie, But just for my own curiosity I will follow abc today and see what happens.:proud: With regard to the argument that that most people just buy boxes to watch tv and never add pugins or look for updates that is true. But I was talking to member here yesterday who does just that. He bought the box pre configured. He was getting lip sysnc but assumed it was his telly causing it so never came on here to look for fix or complain. Going to print off the instructions from download centre and follow the instructions to the T.:Biggrin2:

Where does that leave me rickie? the box came pre installed I havent touched anything apart from adding EPG
and that like by bouquets have been tested and approved and are both on there blue buttons downloads
we seem to be going around in circles, so I will sit back and read and wait for the next super release :) in whatever form image or OE
good luck guys :)

Whilst I hear what your saying about my good friend the Dr, I am actually going to stand up for him on this one

Because I followed abc and whilst it doesn't quite do what it says on the box, it is a big improvement on how it was.

Roll on IQsept11

Cue when you follow abc please test it on wired network.

So we singing from the same sheet

@rat, don't think for a minute I am taking sides

I can only report my own in-house findings

For sure there is an issue somewhere, but the root cause is the unknown factor.

The fact that cue has said he don't get issues on FTA HD, is pointing it to possible network related issues.

I will await cues verdict of abc on wired network

Just flashing now :FLASHER::FLASHER:
Rickie what plugins have you added.

Ah crap, so am I to assume we cant use any plugins not even cool epg.

Back