Does your HD box suffer lip sync

• Yes badly (daily)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes occasionally (weekly)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
im glad to see its not just me.thats having problems with the tm800hd. lip sync sometimes is not good.sometimes it will sync its self other times youve got to change channel.then go back and that seems to work.im hoping that.its just a little gremlin. tricky1342

I have had lipsync with
nokia dbox2 (c)
sagem dbox2 (s)
sagem dbox2 (c)
dream dm500 c
dm500c (clone)
dm500s (clone)
eagle (dm500s clone)
openmedia (dm500s & c clone)
All sd
And now my tm800
This time next week I will have a dm800se (clone) and I will let you know then if it has the same problems.
I don't listen to all the people saying how good their particular type of box, I did that before buying my tm800 only to find out afterwards the software wasn't anywhere near finished.
I am not holding out to much hope on the dm800se but I hope to be proved wrong.
When I want to watch tv without any problems I use my virmin v+ box but i'm more into playing with the boxes than watching the crap thats on. The only thing worth watching (torchwood) I watch the weekend before they even air it on bbc.

I have had lipsync with
nokia dbox2 (c)
sagem dbox2 (s)
sagem dbox2 (c)
dream dm500 c
dm500c (clone)
dm500s (clone)
eagle (dm500s clone)
openmedia (dm500s & c clone)
All sd
And now my tm800 .

Jeez Ellie are you sure you dont have a looped tape of Bruce lee's Fist of fury playing on your telly. lol :Cool2:

Bit whacked!

So quickly:

00:00 - 08:00 - No LipSync Issue
Somewhere between 08:00 - 20:30 - LipSync Issue occured

Changed to a new HD Channel and LipSync started within 20 Minutes.

Could it be something to do with the box getting too hot???

going to leave box off over night and try my test again tomorrow, in theory by time i get home from work I should still have no lipsync???? as I aim to be back within 8 hours

Thanks for the update ricky :)
So your box does suffer lip sync
I dont think heat is the issue? Surely the fan should sort any heat issues

Sent From My Android Tablet

I got my replacement box a couple of weeks ago and not only have lipsync problems but also get this slow low tone drowl sometimes. It is like an alien voice. Anyone else got the problem.

That fan couldn't blow dust!

Seems strange to me that from box off for several hours , no lip-sync for hours.

Once it kicks in it is quickly noticeable on channel change. Within 20 minutes

So if anyone else is up for it power you little black box down fully overnight and try it tomorrow, this would eliminate this theory for once and all!

Not that I am saying mine wont kick straight into lip-sync mode tomorrow, just find it strange it was fine for atleast 8 hours and nothing was touched on the box untill many hours later when I noticed I did have the sync problem.

Anyway chaps off to bed cause I have worked too hard today!

Id like to add there is no pattern to the lip sync so you may not get it again for a day or 2, but then again you might get it constant like jsaw said and not shift it at all from that channel all night (like our post about ch5)

I hope the relevent people are reading this and now realise there is an issue and im not out to cause any damage

I got my replacement box a couple of weeks ago and not only have lipsync problems but also get this slow low tone drowl sometimes. It is like an alien voice. Anyone else got the problem.

That does happen on linux boxes lol its weired aint it
I used to get it on my DM600 a lot

Never had it until last month or so. Like something out of Starwars. Maybe someones trying to get in contact with me.:Boo:

I have had it on TM800 before, not much tbh but like I said Ive deffo had it on other linux boxes so never mentioned it myself :)

I've had it once before on TM800. The vol was up quite loud and it frightened the life out of the kids. Just put it down to one of those odd anomalies, rebooted and never had it since.

I've had lip sync problem every now and then, I just mute it for a sec or two and it sorts it self out.
I wonder if Dr Linux has this problem?

you Mute and it fixes the lip sync ?

Mute fixes audio deterioration on HD channels

Shame that dosent work for me :(

does it work for anyone else?

Dunno will try that next time, however chaps I switched the box off over night, switched back on at about 8 this morning and checked 1 minute ago and no lip sync.

If I have any pattern I should see lip sync in the next 8 hours or so, monitoring it closely

ive not noticed any lip sync issues on my tm800, but, its not my main receiver, i use it for playing with stuff. its still got the same image that was flashed onto it when i received it, so tonight ill set it up to connect into my own network, and leave it on CH5HD overnight, and report back mañana

Back