Does your HD box suffer lip sync

• Yes badly (daily)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes occasionally (weekly)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
for test purposes I am going to say no.... be easier to start with a clean sheet, then add things after

Ive said from the very begining it only happens on encrypted channels

As I said above both EPG and my bouquets have been tested and approved from thhe top :) but if you don't want to use EPG for testing that's fine

I've had sky news HD on for 3 hours and its been fine :)

Sent From My Android Tablet

Just seen this on DL centre

"In some unknown circumintances WIFI can create lip-sync in scrambled HD channels
use direct LAN cable for testing only"

Ok, ABC done wired connecton, sy news HD on, not a single plug in added, wife going mad. lets see how this works out.:Cool2:

im gonna give the missus a TM800 for her house. you think what the Dr is getting over the tm800 not working tidy is bad, if it dont work for the missus, my life will be hell lol

Ok its an hour and half now and still ok, will I wait or change to wifi now.

I will just give it another half hour then change, just a footnote I am ot using TMs wifi module.

Cue am I right in thinking the wifi module you use, has to be configured to your router, then you plug it into your LAN socket of the TM

Which tricks the TM in thinking it is connected to a hard wired network??

Hence no drivers are required on the TM

Ok after 2 hours it stayed ok, it never done for me before now as far as I can remember. I have just hooked up the wifi so lets see what happens. :STIG:

Yes Rickie its just an access point.nice and handy as you can put any device near the telly on your network,

Cue am I right in thinking the wifi module you use, has to be configured to your router, then you plug it into your LAN socket of the TM

Which tricks the TM in thinking it is connected to a hard wired network??

Hence no drivers are required on the TM

Ok lads its gone out of sync now what do I do will I put the wired connection back and see if it corrects it.

Worth ago, although think your test is conclusive.

The thing that's going thro my mind is the way your wifi works is different to official TM, as it don't use drivers installed on the machine.

Yet both methods of wifi cause the same fault result!

Will need to have a logical thought on this one!

Thanks for the time you have spent testing thus far

Just to be sure I will put cable back see what happens.

I don't use wifi I only use hardwired.
I still get it bad glitching but without testing it on another box I'm not going to point the finger at the tm800 as it was solid for the 1st few days until I started to tinker with it.
It maybe my c-line it may even be my dish but without a comparision box i'm not blaming the tm800, I should get another box sometime next weekend and can test them side by side then.

Today Ive had on

Sky News HD
Sky Family HD (Percy Jackson) its still on and started a new Movie

and upto now its been 100% fine

this is how random I get it :err: I will always be honest and say if I do or dont get it at any particular time

using iQ 26/7/11
Rat's Bouquets 4/9/11
Rytec EPG
Cool EPG
official 800 wifi

Panasonic SA-PT 480 Surround Sound connected to TM800 Via Digital Optical Audio cable
TM800 set to AC3/PCM delay both set to +25

Last edited:
I have the wifi back on now nearly an hour and its fine watchng oceans 11 or somthing

Back