Does your HD box suffer lip sync

• Yes badly (daily)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes occasionally (weekly)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
ive just cut the plastic off, and the bubble wrap actually melted at the bottom of the receiver, yet its still in sync.

not too sure what else i can try

underwater test? lol

from reading this thread, it looks like people WITHOUT problems, have their receiver hard wired to their network, which makes me think maybe something is up with the wifi setting of the receiver?

i think thisll be the basis of my next test

hardwired = ran ok
extremely overheated = ran ok
underwater = untested
wireless = untested

I did managed to get lipsync with wired connection, but mine was more of a one off, apose to being a problem for me.

going to pub then been invided to the wolves / spurs match this afternoon, so if I am not too pissed... may connect via the wifi and see if that increases my chances

Ok mine is connected thru wifi, have a long network cable, I will run it from the box to the router and leave it on test.

edit was just talking to a member tricky1342 and his is wired direct with a 2 meter cable and he still gets sync issues. He posted wednesday about it in the poll.

Last edited:
A update on my mates TM800 its hard wired to router and is turned off with the switch on the back every night he swears hes never had any audio problems what so ever. I have watched the box on HD chans and can confirm this so maybe digi is right about the wifi.

Maybe time to run another poll.

Ok mine is connected thru wifi, have a long network cable, I will run it from the box to the router and leave it on test.:Wave:

if you could please m8, as looking through posts, it looks like the people with wifi are having the most trouble, if that is the case (that its the wifi) then the one thing that everyone has in common, is the receivers wifi module, which by logical elimination, should be the culprit

mines hardwired and do have sync problems
edit :also static addy
cheers
osborne82

if I have static IP my box plays up :err:
no more polls from me here lol
seriously had enough now Im waiting upon confomation from someone over the next few weeks and this box is being sold, 100%

i use a buffalo ethernet convertor which my tm800hd is connected to as well as my vu+ duo . the duo has no lyp sinc issues and then tm800 hd def does , strange ???

mine is hard wired and has been since i got it and i get the sync problems, my network & internet run fine, i dont have any issues with heat either. i can watch a hd film and not have a problem or i can watch one and have to change channel up and down serveral times or until i feel like im going to throw the remote at the tv so just watch something else instead

no more polls from me here lol
you did the poll fairly and didnt pick on a single box you posted it in all the boxes sections so shouldnt get anyone complaining about making a poll

seriously had enough now Im waiting upon confomation from someone over the next few weeks and this box is being sold, 100%
you know sods law means you will sell it and a fix will come out a short while after :)

I don't think there is a dispute about wether or not lip-sync occurs, because the poll speaks for its self .

The regularity of the problem is the thing that's in question, and why on some machines it happens regularly.

For me all I have is a fresh install of the iq image using rats list.

Nothing else has been added.

I use internal Sata, and have wifi installed but not in use.

I do regularly switch the machine of when not in use.

@ mikelici Hi m8 just a bit of fun, but if you are a betting man I will bet you a packet of crisps that there will be no fix in the next 3 months. However looses pays the postage also.:drink:

you know sods law means you will sell it and a fix will come out a short while after

for some reason the wifi refuses to connect on this new receiver. i know its working, as it picks up the wifi broadcasts available in my area. i fill in the details and it refuses to connect. turning security off IS NOT an option, as it worked perfectly before. ive even factory reset and reflashed with the same image, but it still refuses to connect

untill i can get this sorted, it looks like im unable to test the wifi theory

your obviously doing something wrong, wifi works perfect for me :tongue:

Digi I put the cable directly to router from box, went out and just back, left it on sky news HD and its out already:Angryfire. will I do a complete reflash load new image leave plugins off and try it.

@ mikelici Hi m8 just a bit of fun, but if you are a betting man I will bet you a packet of crisps that there will be no fix in the next 3 months. However looses pays the postage also.:drink:

does the winner get to choose the packet of crisps as i would hate to recieve cheese and onion flavoured packet :puke:

surely if they was working on a fix back in july even if they encountered problems it will be ready soonish or at least could they not give an update on the situation, im sure we could all understand if the have problems and are still working on it annoying as that maybe (esp for me with the misus moaning in my ear) lol

your obviously doing something wrong, wifi works perfect for me :tongue:
you mean something on your box works rat? :Laugh:

Last edited:
listen guys you shouldn't have to remove plugins
its a Linux box that should work with plugin tbh, this is all bollox us beta testing spending our free time trying to suss things out to pass onto the relevant people to be brushed under the carpet and be ignored, ask Jimux, ask digi, ask ellie

look at my siggy when the OE should of been released ???
I was told there was a new image out I think it was Tuesday, where is it ???

I said to rickie in a post a months or so ago we will still be here talking the same shit at Christmas ! and I stand by that

I still have my jtag post xmas box, not one of the new lot. It's hard wired with static IP (TM wifi signal drops intermittently - Wii doesn't sitting on the same shelf). Was just watching Sherlock Holmes on Sky Thriller HD and with both CCcam and Mgcmad (with perfect ecm times) it loses sync within 5 mins. Change channel back and forth and it clears but is out within 5 mins again.

On the download cente Dr Linux has put a file on how to fix lip sync.I reflashed first thing this morning and just loaded Rats 28.2e list. turned off at the back for 30secs and back on again.Switched to Channel 5HD and watched for 30 mins no lip sync problem . Set box to scan 0.8w. 4.8e,13.0e and 28.2 and left it to scan.approx 3 hrs later switched to FXHD and lip sync issue back within 5 mins.Also i had thought of the influence of wifi so this time i am hard wired. Will reflash and cut out the scan and see what happens.B**gered if i am going to reflash each time or not be able to watch sats other than 28.2e.

Think Its time to write a new song.................................................: multi :

Back