• Yes badly (daily)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes occasionally (weekly)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Pointless post, switched over still no problem

I am seriously hoping I see some lip-sync before midnight, if I do I have a plan!!!!

Tbc.....

Still no problem... And gutted to say that

...... Maybe we need to watch the same film?

Keep it running anyway , and check in the morning

I have been using a 5402 since yesterday morning. I has not gone out once its perfect. So its not my setup, my HDMI lead,my share or anything of that nature that has been so forcfully ramed down my throat. Its not my fault its not something I am doing its just the BOX or to be more precise the unfinished software on the box. I know the 5402 is not linux but its hd I use a cam and it works.

this morning, CH5HD seems to be fine after being on all night.

my receiver is wired to a network switch, which is then connected to my router. im using mgcamd to connect to my card, which is being read by oscam, and my average ECM time is about 145ms (range from about 65-230)

later tonight, ill setup the wifi module in the receiver, and repeat the test overnight to see if its the wifi causing it

but so far, it seems ok here??

24hours now and absolutely perfect! (you may call me the Dr!) lol

Thing is for me I am having to try and create the problem and whilst I have managed too, it is very hard.

The odds for me having lip-sync issues watching a two hour film is actually slim.

Deep in my heart of hearts I do think it's a cooling issue that causes the lip-sync to start with, and other than blowing the thing with an hairdryer which I am sure would void any warranty - I am finding it hard to prove.

My advise for what it is worth, if you have no recordings set and are not using your TM switch it off at the back, as possible this is something that I do that you guys don't?

And maybe the answer to why I don't see lip-sync in my general viewing.

Now I would be interested if say Rat and Cue would switch there unit off overnight and both run a test the next morning.

The difference being Rat running a FTA HD and Cue running from his local share???

Sorry for creating another post! But it's hard to edit on safari on iPhone!

Anyway just wanted to pickup something Digi said, I am also using wired LAN with static ip, although the TM does have the wifi module installed

I wouldn't worry now tbh guys on my account :)
Ive said may times there is no pattern to it and it randomly happens :) I had sky news on for over 2 hours yesterday and it was fine :)

I could watch a movie and it could happen twice ???? who knows

Ive decided to sell the box and buy a Dreambox Clone as soon as funds allow :)

after speaking many many time to people who know more than me it would seem the problem is not the box but in fact, my modem/router, internet speeds, internet provider, my share connection or even the programme itself is at fault

I didn't ask to be a beta tester for TM, I didn't know at the release the box was as bad as it was, I came over from cable and went for a well known and established company and was used to Linux so I thought this was the ideal box for me

16 months on I'm still in a situation where I am still not entirely happy with the box I own, and now feel uncomfortable posting my feelings on a forum I am Administrator on due to the consequences

for the next few hours, im going to cook the receiver.

ive taken the lid off, while its still powered up as i didnt want to restart enigma or anything else that may 'reset' anything (dont work on live equipment peeps, its dangerous, and im stupid lol) ive disconnected the fan, and now im going to wrap it in a towel, if its heat releated, thisll bring it out

if i havent posted again within a few hours, please send fire engines, as its burst into flames and burnt the house down

dont try this at home kids, read the red bit below :proud:

Dont you just love it here, who fecking else would do this for fellow users, get the steaks out m8 and barbi them while your at it. lol :Angryfire

for the next few hours, im going to cook the receiver.

ive taken the lid off, while its still powered up as i didnt want to restart enigma or anything else that may 'reset' anything (dont work on live equipment peeps, its dangerous, and im stupid lol) ive disconnected the fan, and now im going to wrap it in a towel, if its heat releated, thisll bring it out

if i havent posted again within a few hours, please send fire engines, as its burst into flames and burnt the house down

dont try this at home kids, read the red bit below :proud:

after speaking many many time to people who know more than me it would seem the problem is not the box but in fact, my modem/router, internet speeds, internet provider, my share connection or even the programme itself is at fault

that sounds like the spiderbox forums lmao, even though countless users and experts have identified the problems, the spiderbox is perfect and EVERYTHING else is wrong lol. this sort of thing though, as the spiderbox has shown, will make people abandon the receiver

16 months on I'm still in a situation where I am still not entirely happy with the box I own, and now feel uncomfortable posting my feelings on a forum I am Administrator on due to the consequences

Id post away m8, anything that makes you feel uncomfortable in your own home should be sorted, or evicted

Digi Digi Digi LMFAO

another thing to be noted is my TM is running @ 93% space.

Last edited:
ok, the receivers wrapped in insulating bubble wrap, then wrapped in black plastic to keep it all tight, and hot

if ANYTHING is heat related, thisll show it up lol

hmmm, ive uploaded a pic 3 times, but its not showing???

EDIT: stupid fkin new attachment interface, what a crock of crap lol

ill host the pic and link to it

Last edited:
Before you burn the house down, you shouldn't need to test in them conditions for no more than 10 mins

It should be well above normal operating temps within that time!

Can't wait to see the picture!

whats the file size mate ? the image may be too big, resize it :)

hmmm, ive uploaded a pic 3 times, but its not showing???

EDIT: stupid fkin new attachment interface, what a crock of crap lol

ill host the pic and link to it

IMAG2406.jpg

I would've thought treating any box like that would well exceed operating temperatures and just lock up. If as people have said, the soldering quality on the board is pretty poor you risk the chance of loosening something up and causing perm damage.

Before you burn the house down, you shouldn't need to test in them conditions for no more than 10 mins

It should be well above normal operating temps within that time!

Can't wait to see the picture!

if i slide my hand inside the plastic (ooo lol) the case is fkin roasting lol, but watching big bro on 5HD and still seems fine

lovely set of pins on that millie lol

Looks like the Dr is waiting to see the results of the test.

i have a small electronic thermometer, and have shoved that inside the plastic, it only goes up to 65C, and thats gone off the scale, and its still running and in sync

ive not changed channel or reset anything on the receiver since last night, and even now, its running so hot the case is very uncomfortable to place your hand on, the menus dont seem to be slowed down at all

ill give it another 5 mins, but tbh, i dont think its going to get much hotter than it already is

Think we can eliminate that theory then

Think your bonkers Digi, but thanks anyway.

Love to see more ideas that would result in Digi doing more insane testing!

Back