Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasnt going to post a poll here in case of upsetting some people, but I think it would be unfair not to include this box in the polls

Im trying to gather as much infomation on what HD boxes suffer from lip sync
please can you be 100% honest when choosing your option :)
this will help new members making choices what they end up buying :)

C/S adversely affects mpeg streams and therefore should be factored into the results.

Yes (using c/s)
Yes (using card)
etc etc

Just a thought.. :)

agreed but I would imagine the majority of all box users are using c/s
:)

Yes daily. using local share on Lan not a web account

Going to be very honest, I havent been much tele recently but when I do, I dont really notice much out of sync audio... Was having a few issues on Sky News HD before but nothing noticable now. Im using hdmi audio. What should definately be factored in is if your using optical on surround sound as that always causes problems

if your using optical on surround sound as that always causes problems
why is this though Bally ?

there is a AC3 delay that you set for this :) and I have done it, still comes back

there is a optical audio on the box, there is nothing to say its there but cant be used ;) not a moan just stating the obvious :)

HD channels go out of sync all the time for me usually after i have left it on a HD channel while im at work or after a nights sleep

not really used my new box much - so can not comment (however going to leave on a HD channel overnight) to see if it occurs

However on my old box a few images ago I did get lip sync, but since a full channel rescan and latest IQ, I cant say i noticed it.

To be honest I have had my box for approx 6 to 8 weeks and have only noticed lip sync once. I had my optical cable plugged from TV to sound bar, but due to the fact that I can not get any audio when I use media player I have now plugged the optical cable from the tm800 to sound bar and have no lip sync problems plus still no audio from media player

Just flicked over and still no lip sync after 2 hours, off to bed now but will switch the channel to a mentioned problem one and see how we go from there in the morning.

With rats channel list, seen no issues overal tonight

For a few members would be happy for you to a temp login to my sling to see for yourselfs

The few members I am offering this to are in no particular order are

Rat
Cuebase
Ellie
Digidude

Terms and conditions apply! PM me

Hi Rickie :)
mate I do not disbeive you for 1 minute mate that you dont get it :) like I hope you belive me whan I say I do :)

I have posted small video clips here and have emailed more recent video clips to TM including ones using just hdmi lead only to rule out any delay via surround sound :)

I dont like keep posting what I do moaning all the time :( but what am I suppose to do ? I try all these things Im asked and spend hours/days trying, testing for things not to work, this is my main box I bought for watching and recording TV and I get it in the neck when my wife misses bits of movies etc

:)

Morning rat, just had a look at my over night test and everything is still a1

Will send you a pm when I get into work and you can have a look / play with my tm800

Same here Rickie, your word is what counts to me. Would love to no why yours doesent do it. I was watching the Robert deniro movie last night and It happened to me twice. Flick up and down and its back ok. As Rat says theres always a grunt from the wife whan it happens. I have some TM5402 boxes coming in today and I am going to use one for the weekend see what its like. @Rat can we start a new poll, should wifes be banned from using our Technomates. :flame:

With rats channel list, seen no issues overal tonight

For a few members would be happy for you to a temp login to my sling to see for yourselfs

The few members I am offering this to are in no particular order are

Rat
Cuebase
Ellie
Digidude

Terms and conditions apply! PM me

I wish i had Rickies box, when watching channel 5 HD i am lucky to get ten minutes before sync goes and continues to keep going out of sync every few minutes so that we switch to SD channel to finish watching programme.Also the same on most but not all none FTA HD channels.

Are we all using the same image ?

I had it with Channel 5HD too last week when watching Croc Man no matter what I did flick up or down reboot box, reboot router it would not go into sync
ended up missing some of the programme through reboots and ended up watching the rest in SD :(

I'm sooooooooooo glad I'm not the only one :) see this is the good thing about forums :) we all get together and learn who suffers from what problem :thumbsup:

Hi Rat, from a quick view of other section polls it seems we are on our own with the lip sync issue.I know the poll is not large but it would need a major swing to convince me that it not wholly related to TM800HD.
Also can members who posted that lip sync is a common trait with linux boxes (searched but couldnt find the posts--too many to read through) post which boxes have had this issue and to their knowledge what was the solution if indeed a solution was found.

I noticed Dr Linux was browsing this post last night but no comment.

I am sure that when he finally chips in you will be told your doing it wrong as there are only ten people with a problem and they have sold 10000 and had no complaints.

Hi Rat, from a quick view of other section polls it seems we are on our own with the lip sync issue.I know the poll is not large but it would need a major swing to convince me that it not wholly related to TM800HD.
Also can members who posted that lip sync is a common trait with linux boxes (searched but couldnt find the posts--too many to read through) post which boxes have had this issue and to their knowledge what was the solution if indeed a solution was found.

Tbh I've really only had it with a DM500c back in the cable days and then more recently on a TM600 but only when you initially turn to a channel,after a few secs it fixes itself,obviously neither where HD boxes.

Back