CD & DVD file converting

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys can any1 point me in right direction . im trying to convert a downloaded movie that is a Xvid-arrow zipped file so i can play it and burn it on my lappy. ive tried free zip file downloads but dont work any advice of best download converter wud be appreciated thank you!

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the extention of the file? i.e. the last 3 digits after the full stop - .zip, .rar, etc

Once you have the actual movie file itself (a .avi) use ConvertXtoDVD which does most formats flawlessly.

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys can any1 point me in right direction . im trying to convert a downloaded movie that is a Xvid-arrow zipped file so i can play it and burn it on my lappy. ive tried free zip file downloads but dont work any advice of best download converter wud be appreciated thank you!

You need to extract the file first, try winzip and then see what kind of file you have, you mightn't need to convert it at all. http://www.winzip.com/prod_down.htm

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are having trouble extracting the file you can also try 7zip which is a free compression utility.

7-Zip

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys its much appreciated!! ive tried the winzip and the 7zip guys but it doesnt seem to work! will try the convertx to dvd ! thanks

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
what movie is it, most likely its been posted several time in different formats. You might want to look for a different release.

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
cheers mate! its the toy story 3 wats the best format to download ! thanks

electric6

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi janobi,
could you explain TC ?
and point me in the right direction?
cheers.

j1mgg

Inactive User
Reaction score
What type of file is it and how many of them is there?

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi janobi,
could you explain TC ?
and point me in the right direction?
cheers.

TC = Telecine. Basically a copy of the film taken using a machine that transfers from film to digital system. Quality should be as good as DVD. There is a good explaination of the different types of releases here,

Pirated movie release types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for getting a copy. Take your pick usenet, P2P , filehosting, etc

TEST