Kodi on PC

Ok ta..do i have to have the config wizard installed?..as it wont install...sorry but new to kodi ..looks like Lord of reading to do

Ok ta..do i have to have the config wizard installed?..as it wont install...sorry but new to kodi ..looks like Lord of reading to do

Everyone has their own opinions mate, don't let people put you off

I happen to think wizards are an excellent introduction to the kodi world

And then when you learn a bit more on the subject you will be better equipped to chose which way you go

Try this one as an introduction
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

On a pc if you make a mistake or something doesn’t install just go to

C:/ users / username name / appdata / roaming / kodi/

And delete all the contents of that kodi directory

Then you will have a fresh copy of kodi to start again

Any problems just shout

Hi installed Kodi downloaded wookie zip from page 1 but when i try to add it comes up with incorrect structure?

Edit.installed manually looks good...
Wow this is the first time i have evr been able to get anything working on kodi..
now i need the same set up with wookie on my smart tv rather than on a laptop

Last edited:
Hi installed Kodi downloaded wookie zip from page 1 but when i try to add it comes up with incorrect structure?

Edit.installed manually looks good...
Wow this is the first time i have evr been able to get anything working on kodi..
now i need the same set up with wookie on my smart tv rather than on a laptop

Page 1 on this thread is out of date mate

Maybe someone could edit the first page with a link to this post here

or post these new set of instructions there

------------------------------------------------------

Open Kodi.

– On the main Kodi menu, under “SYSTEM” click “FILE MANAGER”.

– On the left hand side of the screen click “Add Source”.

– Click the text box that says <none>, the keyboard screen will appear.

– Type the following address h**p://wiz.wookiespmc.com

Or h**p://wokie.metalkettle.co

– Click DONE.

– Click the empty box at the bottom of the screen.

– Type Wookie then click DONE, then click OK.

– Return back to the Kodi main menu.

– Click “SYSTEM”, click “Add ons”, click “Install from zip”.

– In the list on the right hand side click “Wookie”.

– Click “Wookie.zip”.

After a few seconds a notification will appear confirming that Wookie has been installed successfully.

– Go to Video Add-ons.

– Click which version of the Wookie you want

– Let the Wookie do his magic.

If you want to try a wizard thats not too big try the black box build its only 300 MB and is not full of crap like most of the other builds out there and that includes the full version of the Wookie as well which is nearly one gig in size. But if you've got the time build your own.

firestick will handle most if not all the bloated wizards just not recommended as some are massive

I have messed about with fire sticks for the last few months trying different builds on them. My conclusion is that less is more on the fire stick as it has limited ram. I feel that builds like the beast and the Wookie at nearly 1 GB in size are far too big and will slow any machine down. I have noticed the smaller your build the more responsive Kodi seems. I have run the blackbox build which is only 300 MB on the fire stick and it seems to run okay. It uses the CCM confluence skin which i use myself and is very customisable. But as Alimac says if you've got the time install Kodi and just install the add-ons you need 20 max. Make sure one of them is raw maintenance and use it regularly to clean out your user data. Also make sure you back up your build, so if anything goes wrong you don't have to reinstall everything.
If you don't know how to set the cachemembuffer size. The areswizard has a great advanced setting wizard tool in the tweak option. This will work out the cachemembuffersize for you, based on the amount of RAM your machine
has. Kodi will use 60mb RAM by default. You can Install the blackbox from the areswizard. Link below.
hxxps://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

Last edited:
it can be if having issues but personally do not have much trouble with buffering default usage is 20mbx3

have a few settings for different usage stick lappy etc more useful on lappy & android boxes can optomise usage better

If your system can't handle the main wookie then go for the wookie lite

don't put people off with inaccurate statements

138.27 MB to be precise
Code:

Attachments

• lite1.png
    lite1.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 8
If your not having issues with the default setting leave as it is. But for people installing.
builds from wizards. Some builds could have the incorrect cachemembuffer size and overwrite the default setting and this can cause issues. You can manually set kodi cache setting useing adb fire or use the default setting. The areswizard has a tweak tool that will work it for you based on how much spare ram your machine has.

example memory on lappy = 6 gig would adjust xml settings to use 4 gig to not over stress kodi

If your system can't handle the main wookie then go for the wookie lite

don't put people off with inaccurate statements

138.27 MB to be precise
Code:

I am just giving people my opinion on the many different builds I have tried. Not just the one that you keep touting for some reason. I will stand by my statement that the main wookie is nearly 1 GB in size and is far too bloated like many of the other builds out there. If you want I can install the Wookie lite and give it a review. Either on zoomtak t8 or firestick take you pick.

also bear in mind kodi on windows wipes the floor with android devices

Note: If very slow download server or slow ISP, there is nothing that will help that. Also if you have a low end cpu or low ram, nothing will help that either. Hardware always effects playback.

Just bought this from bay.

Code:

Paid 29.99 and 6.00 postage very happy so far.
I had to wait 17 days which is awhile.
Ill take some pics later if anyone is interested.
Sent from my LG-H815 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to run xbmc on my lappy and it used to run flawlessly. The only reason I have an android machine is that a mate of mine got it cheap from the states and I also like to use some of the other android apps.

Back