eBay Question

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
Bought a Macbook Pro on eBay yesterday and afterwards messaged the seller saying if I paid today would you be able to dispatch tomorrow?
He replied saying he could so I sent payment immediately via PayPal. The guy has 90% feedback. All positive apart from 1 negative recently.

Today, I've messaged him 2-3 times asking if the item has been dispatched and to provide tracking details. No reply.
Should I be worried?

No give him time lol he is maybe still at work or something

PayPal should have you covered buddy, what was his 1 neg? Was it for something similar to your situation or just for something not working on arrival?

PayPal should have you covered buddy, what was his 1 neg? Was it for something similar to your situation or just for something not working on arrival?

Basically he said the item was posted and then cancelled transaction. His last feedback is positive and says "took longer than expected" but happy with item.

Not sure what to make of it...

Basically he said the item was posted and then cancelled transaction. His last feedback is positive and says "took longer than expected" but happy with item.

Not sure what to make of it...

When you say cancelled transaction do you mean with you? Or is that what the negative feedback said? I had a very similar experience with eBay not long ago, all you can do besides keep trying him is wait for the estimated delivery date to pass and then open a dispute which gives them 7 days to respond or they'll refund you

When you say cancelled transaction do you mean with you? Or is that what the negative feedback said? I had a very similar experience with eBay not long ago, all you can do besides keep trying him is wait for the estimated delivery date to pass and then open a dispute which gives them 7 days to respond or they'll refund you

That's what the feedback said. I hope he replies by tonight!

That's what the feedback said. I hope he replies by tonight!

What I ended up doing was messaging some of the members who had left the seller feedback. One member got back to me with the sellers twitter account and company address so when I started messaging them there surprise surprise I got a response. It's always worth a try and most people are willing to help another member out where they can in situations like this

What I ended up doing was messaging some of the members who had left the seller feedback. One member got back to me with the sellers twitter account and company address so when I started messaging them there surprise surprise I got a response. It's always worth a try and most people are willing to help another member out where they can in situations like this

Good advice. Cheers!

Just got a reply saying he told me that he'd dispatch tomorrow (even though we agreed he'd dispatch today if I paid yesterday). He says it states in the auction 1 working day to ship.
I told him we agreed today but its fine, and to send tracking details once dispatched tomorrow.

Cheers! Not very encouraging answer from my seller though. Feel like I'm being stalled. Let's see if I get a tracking number tomorrow morning...

Have patience young man im sure all will be fine :)

Sorry, but this all seems a bit silly.

If a buyer was harrassing me like the OP I'd just take my own sweet time within ebay rules.

I have to agree with nara tbh. All the seller needs to do is play to ebay rules :)

I have to agree with nara tbh. All the seller needs to do is play to ebay rules :)

you are 100% correct Ian although if the seller agreed something extra on top of what ebay say he should do (which he did) then a simple message to say "really sorry but I missed the post and will dispatch on blah blah blah" would have saved all of this. Its all about communication so I can see both sides of the story. On the plus side it looks like mas will have his parcel in a day or so so happy days :)

Back