Ebay Sellers beware of the scams

Hi my point was when i mentioned that the item didn't have anything wrong with it and the buyer was trying it on to get it cheaper the agent just brushed past it saying "I can certainly understand your situation here."........ Bye
No offer to look into it or escalate it etc
Which is why i only mentioned it in passing as i knew they wouldn't be interested as ive tried to complain before about this sort of thing and they were the same then.
Completely not interested, to the point they ignore you

Here is a transcript of a live chat i had recently on ebay as i didn't get my fees back after refunding someone who claimed an item was faulty.
You will notice how they dont give a flying F when i mention it was returned in full working order and was only trying it on to get a cheaper price.

Namrata
13:39 PM
Thank you for waiting patiently.

golden_skylander
no probs

Namrata
Please stay connected, I am cancelling the fees manually.

golden_skylander
ok

Namrata
13:42 PM
Thank you for waiting patiently.

Namrata
13:43 PM
I have processed the credit of fees, it will be posted to your account within few minutes.

Namrata
You can view your credit by the following method: - Login to your eBay account. - Click on the 'My eBay' tab. - Click on the 'Account' tab. - Click on the 'Seller Account' link from left side of the page. - To view the credits, click on the 'Credit' link under the 'Account Summary' section.

golden_skylander
Ok thanks

Namrata
You're most welcome.

Namrata
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

golden_skylander
13:44 PM
No thanks, I could mention that the item didnt have anything wrong with it and the buyer was just trying to get it cheaper but i dont think that will be of much interest to you

Namrata
13:45 PM
I can certainly understand your situation here.

golden_skylander
13:45 PM
thanks

Namrata
13:46 PM
You are welcome.

Namrata
Thank you for contacting eBay Live help. Have a wonderful time ahead!

Namrata
Bye, take care...!

Chat session has ended

I guess I have been lucky. I only sell stuff occasionally and I've only once had an alleged 'non-delivery', it was an item listed as faulty, my suspicion is he thought he could fix it, couldn't, then thought he'd get his money back. He didn't so I 'earned' my one and only neg. This was a good few years back so I guess things have changed somewhat since then.
But from all the horror stories I've read it does certainly seem to be the case that eBay is always on the side of the buyer.
I once had occasion to use Paypal's 'chat' facility and I am convinced I was talking to a computer. I got the same (illogical) response too many times and I don't think Diane Abbot was working for them at the time.

For second hand products I've found more and more people are using Facebook marketplace but that's only one step above Gumtree (which I used to use all the time and now haven't bought anything from for a long long time).
eBay is still something I check for non-priority orders since the pricing can be good but have found Chinese sellers have flooded eBay with multiple listings of the same product, or similar products with slight pattern/colour variations. I used to select UK only but they've clocked on and now I'm find Chinese sellers are pretending to be located in various locations in England so that they're still listed in your filtered searches.

As for selling on eBay, I've done it a few times but realised after the very first listing that it had to be tracked postage and every item I send is sent via eBay's courier and heavily packaged up to avoid damage. So far had no issues but then I'm not selling anywhere near as much as OP.

Back