E-cigs anyone?

if u can wait 2 weeks for it try this its a good menthol 60ml E-liquid for electronic cigarette Menthol flavor(24mg nicotine content)
understand what you are saying thommo and dont like a certain taste but for the peeps reading,i myself like the taste of Virginia,none tasted as good as the one i got from totally wicked but that was one if not the dearest,moral of the story buy a pack of smaller bottles and see what takes your fancy,oh and while i am here,anybody know where you can get a bottle of menthol that actually tastes like it,got one for the other half but it taste like cheap mints lol

thats what i ordered about a week ago - its in the post as we speak, i'll report back to confirm if i think its good once its here. that site is where ive been getting all my juice, cheapest ive found if not a great selection to choose from but i dont plan on vaping lots of different ones, just need to fin d the day vape and one other for when i get bored.

had already virginia (didnt like thats what im mixing with strawberry food flavouring now) and ive had vanilla at first i didnt like it but it grew on me and i have another order in for it now.
also got menthol listed and the mixed fruit one coming. also got some smaller ones coming to try red cow (red bull) some strawberry (ordered before i got food flavouring) and apple flavour (missus wanted to try that).

so i'll report back on what i think of them once they turn up which will be separately as i order them a week apart.

Cheers Thommo for starting this thread i have now ordered the Joye 510 Starter Kit it should arrive in a couple of days and a big thank you to all for the information you have given

wasnt just me, if i'd have posted in here with no replies from others who also vape then it would have probably died in the water and no one would have gone for it..

i think some people need convincing sometimes and one mans word counts for nothing but when there's more than just one mans word people tend to listen.

get yourself some juice is my best advice after actually purchasing a kit as the stuff that comes with all kits so far that i know of tastes like a dustbin and could put some people off.

keep us updated in this thread, the more that do it and report back the more that might try it as im sure theres still loads just happy to smoke away and no convinced about these.

i must be at least 2 weeks in now (im not counting the days) and ive not had a real one or wanted one.

just thought i would add that the missus is on these too and she thought never in a million years could she quit the real ones and she thought these would be a gimmick that wouldnt work, shes had patches and nicotine sprays before and failed and they ARE classed as medical quitting aids as she got the stuff from the docs.

with these ive not heard one moan and believe me when she'd not had a smoke before i knew about it, shes happy as larry with them as shes still going through the motions of smoking but loves the fact they dont stink her up and the flavours.

if ever there was a hard case of not being able to quit it was her.. im 100% positive if she can do it then anyone can, i have will power and could have gone cold turkey if i tried but her? never in a million years she's no will power at all when it came to stopping.

it means nothing to you as you dont know her but you need to take my word for it and hopefully you will also be saying the same thing down the line about yourself or someone you know.

i rate these products 100% and its not often i will rate anything at 100% for there purpose... im surprised there have not been more members giving them ago, maybe they are but they are keeping stum on the subject.

i feel better and healthier, i can smell better, i even smell better, my taste buds have come back (didnt realise they had gone until i stopped), ive more money, im not harming others theres no downside to these... i should be a salesman for these things lol.

lol, you sound the same as me tom, i hated virgina with a passion i found it hateful vile stuff!!
stawberry is dangerous, it keeps leaving my tank so quickly lol.

I was royally annoyed the other night at work though, i 4 ego batteries fail all in a row (last of my stock of batteries), now prooved dead forever. Typically they died at the begining of a very long shift. Luckly i had a friend that came to the rescue and lent me 2 batteries only for his last 3 batteries to fail on him (but he still smokes so not so much of an issue)
I went and had a look around and found that i could purchase 3 ego batteries or 1 lava tube.... no brainer for me, so my lavatube should be here tomorrow.

Ive been using my ecig for just over 2 years now and can directly relate to how you feel, i never get the pang for a fag with the ecig and i personally feel that it should be put on the list of quitting aides. I suspect though as it get more popular the govenment will find a way of taxing the ecig. Thus the reason why ive stocked up and will continue to stock up on ejuice. I currently have around 3 years supply of my fav juices and another years supply of juice i hate but will flavour if the worst comes to the worst.

I wish to thank you for posting this thread, im just wondering now how many people will now take up the ecig and knock the fags on the head permantly.

keep it up mate, and dont forget to lower the nic levels as you go along, this will eventually get rid of the dependencey of the ecig, i started of on 24mg went to 36mg and now i vap 8mg cut with 0mg so aroung 4mg in total. I very slowly lowered it over the course of a couple of years and this stopped any cold turkey. I even sometimes just vap 0mg and only get a slight pang so im very nearly there lol.

lol, you sound the same as me tom, i hated virgina with a passion i found it hateful vile stuff!!
stawberry is dangerous, it keeps leaving my tank so quickly lol.

I was royally annoyed the other night at work though, i 4 ego batteries fail all in a row (last of my stock of batteries), now prooved dead forever. Typically they died at the begining of a very long shift. Luckly i had a friend that came to the rescue and lent me 2 batteries only for his last 3 batteries to fail on him (but he still smokes so not so much of an issue)
I went and had a look around and found that i could purchase 3 ego batteries or 1 lava tube.... no brainer for me, so my lavatube should be here tomorrow.

Ive been using my ecig for just over 2 years now and can directly relate to how you feel, i never get the pang for a fag with the ecig and i personally feel that it should be put on the list of quitting aides. I suspect though as it get more popular the govenment will find a way of taxing the ecig. Thus the reason why ive stocked up and will continue to stock up on ejuice. I currently have around 3 years supply of my fav juices and another years supply of juice i hate but will flavour if the worst comes to the worst.

I wish to thank you for posting this thread, im just wondering now how many people will now take up the ecig and knock the fags on the head permantly.

keep it up mate, and dont forget to lower the nic levels as you go along, this will eventually get rid of the dependencey of the ecig, i started of on 24mg went to 36mg and now i vap 8mg cut with 0mg so aroung 4mg in total. I very slowly lowered it over the course of a couple of years and this stopped any cold turkey. I even sometimes just vap 0mg and only get a slight pang so im very nearly there lol.

im loving the lavatube, wish id have bought it as my first e-cig but not to worry i use the ego's out and about and use the lava at home... i like upping the voltage as some juices just taste better at higher voltage.

strawberry is a good flavour i agree, mine needs filling often, i get through it in no time.

5 x Upgraded Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer for eGo (V2,Long Wick)

thats wot l ordered .. cheers for the heads up

they have even newer ones now - v3 - repairable ones.

same long wick version but instead of throwing the whole thing away you can just replace the innards now.

whole unit $4.79 ( £3.04 )
Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

outter tube only $1.50 ( £0.95 ) (not needed tbh unless you break one)​
Tube for Vision eGo Clearomizer V3

replaceable coil head $2.10 (£1.33)
Coil Head for Vision eGo Clearomizer V3

so 3 quid for the whole unit first then its only £1.33 (each) from then on as you only need to replace the coil head bit.

those v2 long wick ones are $3.90 ( £2.48 ) each at the min so nearly half the cost when you just buy the coil heads.

i seem to reply to myself a lot in this thread but im just posting things as i find them and an edit would get them lost pages back.

Last edited:
Posting this from Boards.ie, maybe of use to some Irish people who vape or are thinking of starting.

Irish Vapefest Announcement
Hi all,
I am excited to announce that Vapefest Ireland will take place at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel near Portlaoise on 15th September 2012 from 11am to late. This location was picked because it is vape friendly and located in a central part of Ireland. It’s hoped this will make it as accessible as possible, for people travelling from north, south, east and west of the country.

I would like to state this is a non profit event and the sole purpose is to promote vaping & e-cigarette use in Ireland and to provide an arena where curious, new or experienced vapers and vendors can meet each other and have a fun and interesting day/night.

The event will facilitate those who are curious about vaping & ecigarettes by providing a platform where vendors and experienced users of ecigarettes will be able to advise and demonstrate how ecigarettes work and share experiences with each other.
Whether you’re experienced at vaping or have recently started, there will be plenty there to interest you.

It is foreseen that there will be a vast display of different types of e-cigarette type systems available on the day, along with a free juice bar where everyone can sample different flavoured e-liquids and a rebuildable table where a demonstration of different types of rebuildable type systems and setups will be shown. I will be looking into other activities on the day and am open to ideas if anyone has something they would like to see done. And of course there will be a monster raffle for attendees; more details are on the Vapefest website.

So far 9 of the Irish vendors have confirmed they will attend on the day and we have kindly being given sponsorship of some fantastic prizes for a grand raffle from a total of 12 vendors. I’m expecting more vendors and prizes to be announced soon.

The vendors, who so far, are either supporting or attending the event and the prizes donated for the monster raffle, are as follows in alphabetical order:

Imist best price Ireland, electronic cigarette supplies worldwide Prize(s) to be announced.

Home 1 x Ego-C and and 1 x Ego-W kit each will also come with a 50ml bottle of e-liquid from the Bestecig range, kindly donated by Paul from Bestecig.

The Best Shop - Ireland Prize(s) to be announced

e-cigIreland - Electronic Cigarette Ireland A total of 4 x 510 PCC starter kits, kindly donated by Mel.

The best electronic cigarette shop in Ireland, UK and Europe! Prize(s) to be announced.

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES UK AND IRELAND - Home Prize(s) to be announced.

e-smoke Ireland - A healthy alternative Prize(s) to be announced.

Electronic Cigarettes Ireland - brought to you by EZ Smoke.ie | Irelands e-Cig Supplier 1 x Ego CE4plus V2 Starter kit, kindly donated by Declan from EZsmoke.

MJS Trading 3 x Green Smoke starter kits (2 rechargeable batteries, wall charger and 5 cartomizers, RRP €69.99 each), 3 Green Smoke Intro Kits (rechargeable battery, USB charger and 2 cartomizers, RRP €34.99 each), 10 Green Smoke disposable Vapors (RRP €9.99 each) kindly donated by Green Smoke

E-Cigarettes:electronic cigarettes-Vaping in Ireland - IrishVapers 10 bottles of e-liquid from the full white label range of e-liquids, 1 of each flavour and strength of your choice, kindly donated by Alberto.

OVALE IRELAND - Home Prize(s) to be announced

ProVape E-Cigarettes: Buy Electronic Cigarettes & Smokeless Cigs A 24k gold Provari Starter kit, including an 18650 and an 18490 battery, regular end cap, extension cap, battery charger, atomisers, drip tip and velvet sleeve kindly donated by Provape.

Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarette | E-Cig - The Vapour Store €500 in vouchers which will be split into 1 x €200 voucher, 1 x €100 voucher and 4 x €50 vouchers, a fantastic gesture kindly donated by Helen who unfortunately can’t attend on the day even though she would love to if it was possible.

We have also launched a website that has more information on the venue and the event which can be found here Vapefest Ireland - Home & News

Any one that has any questions or ideas for the event can contact me through PM here on boards or through the contact us section of the Vapefest website. Any vendor who may like to attend or donate a prize for the raffle may also contact me.

It is sincerely hoped that as many vapers as possible especially the guys who are here on boards and any new people thinking of starting vaping instead of tobacco cigarettes will manage to attend this event, where it is hoped that a fun and enjoyable day will be had by all.
I’d also ask everyone here to try encourage family members and friends who vape or are interested in quitting smoking for e-cigarettes to come along on the day as it isn’t often an opportunity to meet most of the Irish vendors and win such fabulous prizes comes along.

I wish to also thank Mewso, Derra and Eeloe for some help and advice along the way while organising this event. Mewso has also kindly agreed to be press officer for any press coverage we may get for event in the run up to it and this is much appreciated.

I will update this thread with event news as it happens.

Thanks
Shane (Newmark)

Bought one of those e-lites recently (paper ad) and tbh wish I had waited and read threw a few reviews and such but still very confused! So have a few questions....if anyone doesnt mind answering them?

1: What is better manual or auto?
2. What strength of juice would be around a 30-35 a day smoker?
3. What would you recommend, maybe as a starter for both home and outdoor use?

Sorry if these have been answered already (sure I have more questions aswell :D), but the more I read (11 pages) the more it confused me lol :D

Cheers for any help!

1: What is better manual or auto? = manual
2. What strength of juice would be around a 30-35 a day smoker? = go for as high aa nic u can get 24 or 32
3. What would you recommend, maybe as a starter for both home and outdoor use? = somthing like this Olympian Imist Starter Kit

if you need a money of code use ECR69

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply mate, would it be better to get one for home use and another for outdoor? Or would that do until I figure out what I need?

that will do you fine mate you get 2 in that starter kit so the wife can have one 2 lol

wow 40 quid for a starter pack... id go for the ego's all day long... i got 2 ego-w's for about 20 uk delivered the ego-t's where even cheaper around 15 quid delivered.

i dont think he'd like the end cap design either i didnt they're like the ego-t design. not as much vape always filling them... ego-t's with some other carts is what id say go for.

to be honest you dont even need a starter kit.

buy a battery some carts and a charger and juice.

batteries can be had for a fiver x2 = 10 quid
carts depends which you buy but a couple of quid each ( one should last minimum a month)
charger again ive seen them for a few quid.
juice again a few quid.

if you can be arsed buying them separate go to post 14 i think it is and buy the ego-t's for 15 quid for a pair yes a pair. then buy some seperate carts like shown on page 11 and some juice you should get started for around 20 quid.

thats the route i took and im still going strong.

infact here i link them for you.

http://www.uecigarette.com/ego-t-650mah-double-e-cigarette-huge-e-liquid-capacity.html

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1125&products_id=8028

http://www.uecigarette.com/e-liquid.html

looking at 20 quid-ish follow the links.

23 dollar5s for ego's - 3.90 dollars each for clearo's (id buy a few) - juice from 3 dollars up to 10 dollars size dependant. id go for a few 30 mil ones 3.40 dollars each.

23 + 3.90 x2 (7.80) + 3.40 x2 (6.80) = 37 dollars (uk money £23.50ish) delivered.

id get the go-t's but not use the ends to them or the jiuce, use the batteries with the clearo's linked in link 2 with juice linked in link 3.

Last edited:
if you want bigger batteries then dont buy the ego-t's just buy 2 bigger batteries like these.

EGO-T 1300mAh e cigarette with LED display battery

use them with the clearo's in link 2 and juice in link 3 as before.

if you buy 2 batteries then you will need a charger aswell.

EGO Battery Charger adapter
and
9.2mm EGO-T(510) e cigarette Wall charger(Europe)

will cost a few quid more but you will have bigger batteries that will last longer.

15 x2 for batteries = 30 usd (uk 19 quid) + clearo's x2 + juice - 3.90 x2 (7.80) + 3.40 x2 (6.80) + charger 8 usd = 52 usd ( £33 gbp)

a bit more but you get bigger batteries.

Cheers Thommo! Ordered from uecigarette, ego-t 650 and 30ml each of vanilla and tobacco...$30.30 delivered (45646 code for 5%) so delivery 50 cent cant grumble...give it a try and can see from there!

Cheers for all the help, and probably be back soon with more questions :D

if you want bigger batteries then dont buy the ego-t's just buy 2 bigger batteries like these.

EGO-T 1300mAh e cigarette with LED display battery

use them with the clearo's in link 2 and juice in link 3 as before.

if you buy 2 batteries then you will need a charger aswell.

EGO Battery Charger adapter
and
9.2mm EGO-T(510) e cigarette Wall charger(Europe)

will cost a few quid more but you will have bigger batteries that will last longer.

15 x2 for batteries = 30 usd (uk 19 quid) + clearo's x2 + juice - 3.90 x2 (7.80) + 3.40 x2 (6.80) + charger 8 usd = 52 usd ( £33 gbp)

a bit more but you get bigger batteries.

dont bother with the ego-t 1300mha lcd battery, i had 3 of them and 2 were DOA which were exchanged, within a month all had failed again.

E-cigs might be a good way to give up but i used Champix and after 3 weeks of taking them i give up and have not had a cigarette since and it was on the NHS the tablets and its been 4

months now and still going strong and will never go back to ciggies now.

ye but we like a smoke lol and this is the healthy way to still have a fag:Cool2:
E-cigs might be a good way to give up but i used Champix and after 3 weeks of taking them i give up and have not had a cigarette since and it was on the NHS the tablets and its been 4

months now and still going strong and will never go back to ciggies now.

Back