E-cigs anyone?

yea l did last year , just hold it in longer or blow it out inside your t shirt m8 , nothing to smell , l was smoking around the airport in Birmingham and no one said a thing , l will take my bigger batterys and carts but around the pool l will use the smaller one , its a great battery on that sd ring , lasts about 4 hours , longer than the cart lol and at 12 notes for the battery a 2 empty carts its very cheap and a cart lasts over a week easy

yea l did last year , just hold it in longer or blow it out inside your t shirt m8 , nothing to smell , l was smoking around the airport in Birmingham and no one said a thing , l will take my bigger batterys and carts but around the pool l will use the smaller one , its a great battery on that sd ring , lasts about 4 hours , longer than the cart lol and at 12 notes for the battery a 2 empty carts its very cheap and a cart lasts over a week easy

link so we know what it is?

edit: never mind i see you added a youtube link to your last post.

got the wife an sd ring 3 months ago and she hasnt had a fag , there a cheap first one to try .. im going to magaluf this weekend with m8's and tenerife next month and didnt know if we wanted to vap over there so tried a fag each on that hot weekend ,, fook me its was horrible couldnt even finish it , so it looks like were taking our ecigs with us then lol , just orders afew sd rings to take as there so small and u dont stand out with them

SD Key Ring E-Cig - YouTube

took a look at one of them but think if i wanted a small one id go for something like this one... http://www.safercigs.co.uk/The_Gripper_18350_mod/p705283_6674867.aspx

ignore the bit saying you can only use certain cart's as there is a long screw type addon for these now for about 3 quid that lets you use any type cart. here ---->http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Gripper_Adapter/p705283_6674901.aspx

that with the screw adaptor would be around 19 quid but tbh i dont think id go for a small one as the ego isnt exactly hard to hide, think if anything i would go up a size as i mention ed before the lavatube probably.

Last edited:
Hi All, I've been on and off DW for hours, but haven't replied here. My apologies. I chose not to through respect, but will do once I'm alert and sober enough to give your replies the attention and focus they deserve. Some threads deserve my drunken humour, but this ain't one of them. Back soon, Basil

Hi All,

I've been on and off DW for hours and have read every post here, but haven't replied.
Thank you all!

My apologies.

I chose not to through respect, but will do so once I'm alert and sober enough to give your replies the attention and focus they deserve.

Some threads deserve my drunken humour, but this ain't one of them!

Back soon,
Basil

Well im 5 or 6 days in and i couldnt sleep so was browsing the e-cig sites and i seem to have purchased a lavatube. The missus will end up killing me as im spending more on bits and bats than we did on real cigs lol. (no not really not even close tbh).

Suppose i should have started as i mean to go on and just gone for the lava straight away but tbh i didnt even browse any e-cig sites i spotted the ego type on the like of dx and price angels and tbh i could live with them as they give good vape, infact the ego's will be my travel vape and the lava my home vape.

I was going to use this as a means to stop hence i was not going to go mad but i think even if i go down to zero nicotine i will vape because i enjoy it.

so i treated myself.

Im making a promise to myself not to buy anything else unless its something i need and not something i want ;)

Last edited:
l tried on low nic m8 and couldnt sleep and went back up to 30 and was ok again , alot stay high because u start putting weight on m8 , nic isnt going to kill u anyway just lower it in a few months

im on caramel mocha and vanilla and i dont think i'd even try another tobaccco one even though theres loads of them out there.

RY4 is a nice tobacco. It’s a caramel tobacco.

Best advice I can give is go for the best device you can afford as you'll end up spending more money in the long run.

In my opinion the Provari beats all devices hands down. It has a standard 510 thread so will fit most carts / attys. Any carts/attys you can't fit on you can just buy a cheap adapter to 510.

Cheap VV's do not maintain the desired voltage during load and will result in inconsistent hits.

l tried on low nic m8 and couldnt sleep and went back up to 30 and was ok again , alot stay high because u start putting weight on m8 , nic isnt going to kill u anyway just lower it in a few months

sleep wasnt a nic thing mate it was the baby so i stayed up, ive not had a single problem craving wise.

RY4 is a nice tobacco. It’s a caramel tobacco.

Best advice I can give is go for the best device you can afford as you'll end up spending more money in the long run.

In my opinion the Provari beats all devices hands down. It has a standard 510 thread so will fit most carts / attys. Any carts/attys you can't fit on you can just buy a cheap adapter to 510.

Cheap VV's do not maintain the desired voltage during load and will result in inconsistent hits.

well ive been looking and reading a lot and the lavatube is rated as being up there with the best but not at the top end prices.

from what ive seen i think i'll be happy with it.

the 510 adaptor i bought one of them with the lava as i read i can use the skirted ego carts with it... 3 quid so didnt break the bank and its there if i do need it.

well ive been looking and reading a lot and the lavatube is rated as being up there with the best but not at the top end prices.

from what ive seen i think i'll be happy with it.

the 510 adaptor i bought one of them with the lava as i read i can use the skirted ego carts with it... 3 quid so didnt break the bank and its there if i do need it.

The lavatubes / torpedo's etc they are ok but believe me that’s as far as they go. I bought the wife a lavatube as she wouldn't walk about in public with the Provari so wasn't worth spending the money on something she just uses at home. She prefers the smaller devices out in public etc.

Anyway my point was they are cheap, feel cheap, have no atty test no battery test etc and to top it off the voltage you set it at isn't the voltage that it delivers. You'll notice with yours you'll be setting it higher and higher to get the vape you want.

For example when I set the lavatube @4.2V it’s the same output as setting the Provari at 3.7.

My friend is a reseller for totally wicked in the Leeds area Thommo (if you want his details let me know. He may be able to sort you a good deal on juices carts etc) he’s sold a good 10 -15 of these to friends and family and many more to customers and not one of them compares to the Provari.

Another example of the cheapness of the lavatube is the 510 connector what you find is some cartos just won't fire on them. The 510 connector is cheap and doesn't connect as well as the Provari. I've tested lots of dual coils with my Provari that he’s had sent back due to them not working on the lavatube and they all work fine on the Provari.

Buy it cheap buy it twice !! I'm afraid in 6 - 9 months’ time you'll be looking for something better. As your experience grows with e-cigs you’ll find the lavatube is not meeting your requirements.

The best way to test your VV is take an old cart apart attach a voltage tester to the atty and fire it up you soon see if your one of the lucky ones or not. At least you’ll know what it’s out by so you can adjust your voltage to get the desired output.

Either way which ever device you buy. If you are able to stop smoking then it’s worked fantastic. Good luck mate and keep of the analogs

The lavatubes / torpedo's etc they are ok but believe me that’s as far as they go. I bought the wife a lavatube as she wouldn't walk about in public with the Provari so wasn't worth spending the money on something she just uses at home. She prefers the smaller devices out in public etc.

Anyway my point was they are cheap, feel cheap, have no atty test no battery test etc and to top it off the voltage you set it at isn't the voltage that it delivers. You'll notice with yours you'll be setting it higher and higher to get the vape you want.

For example when I set the lavatube @4.2V it’s the same output as setting the Provari at 3.7.

My friend is a reseller for totally wicked in the Leeds area Thommo (if you want his details let me know. He may be able to sort you a good deal on juices carts etc) he’s sold a good 10 -15 of these to friends and family and many more to customers and not one of them compares to the Provari.

Another example of the cheapness of the lavatube is the 510 connector what you find is some cartos just won't fire on them. The 510 connector is cheap and doesn't connect as well as the Provari. I've tested lots of dual coils with my Provari that he’s had sent back due to them not working on the lavatube and they all work fine on the Provari.

Buy it cheap buy it twice !! I'm afraid in 6 - 9 months’ time you'll be looking for something better. As your experience grows with e-cigs you’ll find the lavatube is not meeting your requirements.

The best way to test your VV is take an old cart apart attach a voltage tester to the atty and fire it up you soon see if your one of the lucky ones or not. At least you’ll know what it’s out by so you can adjust your voltage to get the desired output.

Either way which ever device you buy. If you are able to stop smoking then it’s worked fantastic. Good luck mate and keep of the analogs

i'll keep the leeds connection in mind thanks.

well the lava just turned up (we dont get our post till 1.30ish everyday) and ive got to say im quite impressed by it, it may well be a unit that lasts 6-9 months but for 23 quid i can handle that.

gave it a quick go and its deff a better experience vaping wise, i sometimes got a rough throat hit (not often but once in a while) and ive not been even close with this, it seems a lot smoother if that makes sense, still getting throat hit,still getting nicotine and the flavour of the juice has deff come forward with this unit and i have read some juices do need a bit more kick to get the best out of them.

tbh i think id probably stick with it as it does what i want it to and i wont be afraid of dropping it or losing it etc...

i did read about voltage drop on these but thats a saftey feature, basically you set it at 5 for example but the cart you use can only handle 4.4 it auto drops it down for you so you can vape without getting error msgs or it not working at all.

all in all im happy, vv and it looks nice feels ok build quality to me and 23 quid. from the uk a set of ego's will cost you more so im well happy just need my battery to charge as it wasnt fully as id been using it in my cree torch....i hate waiting lol.

i did read about voltage drop on these but thats a saftey feature, basically you set it at 5 for example but the cart you use can only handle 4.4 it auto drops it down for you so you can vape without getting error msgs or it not working at all..

The above safety feature is good as it protects your attys however the voltage drop Im on about is when the device is under load i.e you set the voltage at 3.7 and the voltage under load will fluctuate and not keep the desired output. As you say though for £23 you can't go wrong really.

I must admit I've had some very odd looks with the Provari and a 6mil tank in public :)

think you will find if you press the red button 7 times you get battery test and if you press the button 7 times then press the fire button then press red again you get atty test this works on my v1 lavatube and its still going strong . i like the look of the new lava tube but my v1 is still working good
dont you find the provari is a bit crap only having 1 button to press lol get a grip lol

where did u get it from mate any links ?
i'll keep the leeds connection in mind thanks.

well the lava just turned up (we dont get our post till 1.30ish everyday) and ive got to say im quite impressed by it, it may well be a unit that lasts 6-9 months but for 23 quid i can handle that.

gave it a quick go and its deff a better experience vaping wise, i sometimes got a rough throat hit (not often but once in a while) and ive not been even close with this, it seems a lot smoother if that makes sense, still getting throat hit,still getting nicotine and the flavour of the juice has deff come forward with this unit and i have read some juices do need a bit more kick to get the best out of them.

tbh i think id probably stick with it as it does what i want it to and i wont be afraid of dropping it or losing it etc...

i did read about voltage drop on these but thats a saftey feature, basically you set it at 5 for example but the cart you use can only handle 4.4 it auto drops it down for you so you can vape without getting error msgs or it not working at all.

all in all im happy, vv and it looks nice feels ok build quality to me and 23 quid. from the uk a set of ego's will cost you more so im well happy just need my battery to charge as it wasnt fully as id been using it in my cree torch....i hate waiting lol.

where did u get it from mate any links ?

yeah i knew about the battery test but not the atty test will give that a go when my battery is charged up.

as for where i got it, its the tube only as i didnt need the batteries or charger etc.. as i already had them.

but its from here order one day got it delivered the next super fast delivery and uk based.

Lavatube Variable Voltage Mod

its 25 quid but if you use the code ecr69 you get 12% off and that code will work for all your orders.

edited because im going fecking mad.

Last edited:
think you will find if you press the red button 7 times you get battery test and if you press the button 7 times then press the fire button then press red again you get atty test this works on my v1 lavatube and its still going strong . i like the look of the new lava tube but my v1 is still working good
dont you find the provari is a bit crap only having 1 button to press lol get a grip lol

It seems like I touched a little nerve then. You are correct though 1 button can get a little tiresome if you are constantly changing voltages, since I use a 6mil tank I don't really change my voltage much.

As regards to the atty check and battery check this is not possible on the torpedo version TW sells (or at least I thought it wasn't however I will test tonight) I wasn't aware the lavatube was any different as it looks exactly the same device.

The look and feel of the Provari beats the lavatube hands down. When you've owned both its easy to tell the difference in quality and performance.

If you are happy with your lavatube / torpedo that’s all that matters. As I’ve said before if it stops you smoking it doesn’t matter what device you buy.

It seems like I touched a little nerve then. You are correct though 1 button can get a little tiresome if you are constantly changing voltages, since I use a 6mil tank I don't really change my voltage much.

As regards to the atty check and battery check this is not possible on the torpedo version TW sells (or at least I thought it wasn't however I will test tonight) I wasn't aware the lavatube was any different as it looks exactly the same device.

The look and feel of the Provari beats the lavatube hands down. When you've owned both its easy to tell the difference in quality and performance.

If you are happy with your lavatube / torpedo that’s all that matters. As I’ve said before if it stops you smoking it doesn’t matter what device you buy.

battery test deff works i tried that, not done the atty test yet though.
price was a factor to me, i didnt want to go mad spending more on this than on the fags.
all the reviews ive read and watched say the lava is the best bang for your money..provari yes is deemed the king of them but the price is way too much if you ask me.

lava is vv and thats all that matters to me, the fact it works well and looks good is a bonus.

i also googled the voltage drop yop mentioned, its not on these models.. they hold the voltage constant i watch a review online with a voltage meter (unloaded and under load). the only thing with these is its not exact on the upper end, 6 volts will show as 5.7 for example but they are constant. the lower end up to 5 upwards they are virtually spot on.

it may be well the case with the other lava looking/branded ones you have used but these ones dont suffer with it and seeing as i seem to have found a sweet spot between 4 - 4.5 it wont affect me.. still to play with it as battery is charging but the caramel flavour seems to hit great at 4.2 but i may go up i may go down i only had a quick go as my battery as said is charging.

no mate,
i had a provari but sold it cos of the one button thing.
just pointing out some facts lol

Back