Dreambox DM800 HD

This seems to come as standard on all the new gen clones! I quickly binned it for a different image, as i personally dont like gemini images! Mind you no matter what image i seem to use, its gonna take some getting used to enigma 2 :proud:

Yah - I just paid similar for a DM800C from China. I paid Friday, using paypal & it arrived UPS today.... and I could see it landed Stanstead yesterday at 1am... nothing moved until today though (mine also marked as US$20 value).

The internal build quality looks fine but finish is average... the OLED display is wonky... so I'm going to have to take it apart and fix that. The pack it came with looks identical to tsj's and everything so far works.

Enigma2 is different as you say and none of my DM500C tools for flashing channels etc work quite right.... so I'm surfin the net looking for replacements. Mine came flashed with Gemini and Engima "D2009.07.16.13.43.41-Jul 16 2009" according to the Web interface - no idea what that means :)

I assume from the Gemini on it that its got a recent bootloader... but how do I tell definitively? I can always reflash second stage loader if I need to but would prefer to know I can go straight to PLi if I want (which was my preferred 500C image)

Thanks

I assume from the Gemini on it that its got a recent bootloader... but how do I tell definitively? ...

Well - I checked and it was Bootloader 72, so I tried the latest Jade PLi for the DM800 and it reboots with "NO CA FOUND" so its time to take over to the PC and dig out the serial cable!

Sigh....

They also take an hour to flash over serial too.

Coley

They also take an hour to flash over serial too.

Coley

Well apparently you can just flash the 69 bootloader over the top - that is if you haven't fiddled about for ages with DreamUp not working only to discover when you take the null modem lead apart there's a loose wire.... its too late to get the soldering iron out.... and so need to fix that before anything else tomorrow!

Never rains but it pours!

ruddyrum, please let me know which image you find best. I will be updating my image on the weekend too.

Has anybody received their tracking number yet?

Also why are the e-mail address removed and tsj banned? Is everything OK?

oh ffs dont tell me hes scammed every one.......oh shite.....

havent recieved my tracking number yet.....

getting worried now....

Last edited:
oh ffs dont tell me hes scammed every one.......oh shite.....

havent recieved my tracking number yet.....

getting worried now....

Can a moderator please tell us what is going on? Is it not safe?

Ignore... I've got mine...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shipment picked up 23:45 Hong Kong - Hong Kong

Last edited:
well i think if you all bothered to check the emal and name in paypal were you made the payments you find the intials are his board name - not sure if this is the reason for the ban though. i also recieved my tracking number and its on its way

I made payment to ***************googlemail.com where did you pay to?

well i think if you all bothered to check the emal and name in paypal were you made the payments you find the intials are his board name - not sure if this is the reason for the ban though. i also recieved my tracking number and its on its way

initials are his board name? what does this mean?

i have yet to recive my tracking number.....

ordered yesterday morning around 9.30am our time.....

he said it takes around 24 hours for tracking number....

he asked if i install systems in my area as he said he gets asked a lot about installs.....

when did you pay for the item and how long after did you get tracking number.....

i never noticed initials tsj in paypal either...

Ah I see it now, you think its the same guy? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I would remove his name from here too, you should have PM'd it ;)

so when did you fellers actualy pay via paypal, and when did you recieve tracking numbers.?

i would like to know why hes been banned though....i could find nothing in his posts....

so when did you fellers actualy pay via paypal, and when did you recieve tracking numbers.?

i would like to know why hes been banned though....i could find nothing in his posts....

I paid on Tuesday and got my tracking number this morning. So it took two days I guess.

and whats the position of your tracking number.? if you dont mind me asking....

I ordered from the same supplier as tsj, china to ireland via HK,germany, UK, took 3 days total,..my box is on the dhl van as I type & I'll have it this afternoon,..I'll let you all know when I get it.

Back