Dreambox DM800 HD PVR freezes at boot

Klaus Becker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new DM800 HD PVR cloned. It worked, but yesterday I performed a software update. The box told me that the update was successfull and without error. But on reboot, after some seconds, the box shows "stop" and I cannot do anything but shutdown by the power button (then it reboots with the same error message) or pull the power cable. So I cannot even flash it.

While it worked yesterady, I gave the box a fix IP number, but of course I cannot reach it now.

What can I do ?

cheers

Klaus

software update be the problem

give as much info as possible with regards sim type etc

that way you will get proper advice mate

recovery surely possible

How to know which sim card I have ? I tried to get it out of the box, but I can't, it's not easy. I am beginner on dreambox. Which other informations can I give you ?

best regards
Klaus

For download, I found Dreambox DM800HD Clone - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community, but I don't know which file to download. Is it the first one on the list, power-sat newnigma2-dm800-sim-201-ssl84d - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community ?

How to know which image I had before update ?

Once I have the rigth image, how to flash the box because it freezes at boot and I can'y do anything ? I cannot even reach it with a web browser though I know it's IP.

Klaus

Choose a openpli image mate for it.

If it not booting there is no real way of knowing what image you had before unless you remember the boot logos.

Flash it with null modem cable and dreamup.

wouldnt even bother trying

as above mate dreamup & null have you running again no hassles

Ok, I bought a null modem cable on the, now sea and wait the cable to arrive. I shall infrom you later. What is "openpli image mate" ? Or is it "openpli image made for my box" ?

A have another question: Is it possible to install a GNU/Linux system on a hard disk within the dreambox and to drive the box from the hard disk with a software like mythtv or dvr ?

Klaus

as Ferret say , with the correct image like Ferret link in her post , and null cable , you dreambox clone back to boot and works well

I installed Windows Vista and a serial port card on my computer. Under Vista, I configured the serial port card with the driver on the cdrom that came with the card. Vista says COM1 works correctly.
So I start DreamUP_1_3_3_9 and I also tried with DreamUP_1_3_3_11 (both downloaded from startseite | dream-multimedia-tv.de), but without success.
I click on "Connect", I switch on the dreambox, but nothing happens, no transfer of files to the dreambox which always says "stop". I tried several times, I even installed the serial port card again on the computer to be sure it is correctly put on the mainboard, all without success. The card and the null port cable are both brandnew, they should work.
So I am still struggling with my dreambox...

as above mate double check you have proper null cable

also worth disabling your firewall to check as well

It seems to me I bought a null modem cable, visible at MCL Samar câble de modem nul - 2 m - en occasion ou neuf - Achat vente Informatique : avec la Fnac, but I am not sure. I searched serial cable and null modem cable images on the web, the appearence seems to be exactly the same.
On the cable, I find: AWM VW-1 80 Celsius Low Voltage Compter Cable Made in China. Google finds all sorts of cables when searching "AWM VW-1". How to be sure I have a null modem cable ? I can send you a photo but is that usefull ?

Back