Dreambox DM800 HD PVR freezes at boot

follow above & create your own if handy with a solder iron

easy job

Only pins 5 work, the other ones don't work. What does that mean ? Is it a broken null modem cable or a serial cable ? Any way I have got to buy a new null modem cable right ?

example

Simple Null Modem Cable
Null%20Modem.jpg
Null Modem Cable with Handshaking
Handshake.jpg

A straight-through cable is used to connect a DTE device to a DCE device. The TXD-RXD and RTS-CTS pins are not cross-connected in this case, hence the term straight through cable.
Simple Straight Through Cable
Strait%20Through.jpg

to make your own you just cut cable in half & join corresponding pin wires to suit very simple job

For the moment, I wait for the arrival of a real null modem cable I bought on the web, afterwards I shall try.

Klaus

Finally I did not yet get a null modem cable, so I tried to make it myself a simple null modem cable like the first image above. I cut my cable in the middle and I joined the 3 cables above. However my cables don't have the same colour as in the picture above. I have:
02 - light brown
03 - red
05 - black

I connected:
02 - 03
03 - 02
05 - 05

I opened the ends of the cable to see the connections, so it should be correct, but it does not work.
Klaus

if you joined wires correctly no reason not to work

are you using a patched dreamup to connect

"Mutlimeter confirming the connections are good ?"
Yes.

"try with hdmi cable"
My graphic card has no hdmi connector.

why are we on hdmi cable now

cant flash with that or am i missing something

best to start again

what exactly happens when you try to fix

& forget the email i say

I shall leave for holidays until end of january and I shall try again at that moment and tell you.

thanks a lot for all your help

happy new year

Klaus

Finally I got a real null modem cable from Pearl and it worked. All is ok now, thanks a lot !

Klaus

Back