DM800 original vs. clone

I work as a test engineer.

I have noticed that if I go to a FTA HD channel for a few secs then I go to a non FTA HD channel it works fine. its like it warms something up or something like that.

Please give it a go as it aint a bad solution if it works. I tried the inline amp also

also i have a laptop cooler. how many people here with problems have one. you may need to heat up the capacitor before using it or something

Last edited:
I found this supplier: DSATV
Has anyone used this company before? Are dm800s good?

I work as a test engineer.

also i have a laptop cooler. how many people here with problems have one. you may need to heat up the capacitor before using it or something

i have a dm800 which was working perfect untill i decided to add one of those usb double fans the dm800 sits on.hd channels now have problems breaking up etc.when i remove the fan all is ok.

my 800 worked 100% from day one but I did notice it tended to get very hot, I added one of these usb powered twin fans & it keeps the box nice & cool,..no problems what so ever,

Is the picture quality better on the original OR is there no difference between the original and the clone??

I have only recently had and issue with some HD channels on my DM800 clone, the main one which is causing me annoyance is Dicovery HD as i watch that alot! I get freezes and glitches - no matter what i do nothing seems to help, so i dont think its a heat issue!!! Can anyone confirm that the capacitor fix works?

I emailed Tony who is the guy i bought it from, and he sent me some pics on how to apply this capacitor fix - I dont really want to go ahead and solder if its not a know fix to the issue im having!

you can give price on both
Original - around £400 - might save a few £££ if you shop around
Clone - Got mine for £175 - thats incl P&P, tax etc.

If this is a definate then I may as well go for a clone! I think I'll purchase from a uk supplier though like linksats as cant be arsed with sending back to china if anything goes wrong!

Linuxsat is the man your looking for ;)

Yes, this is 100% correct.

I have a clone from Dreamboxclones. I have to use the amp for the trouble channels but find the amp makes the like of ESPNHD and others disappear. This box is one piece of $h1t. Wish I never bought one. Have 3 tm9100 running no problem much better box. I've already had to strip down the box, install a big fan and to add/remove amp depending on what channels I want to watch and it won't drive my dish, utter crap.
I now have the DM800 running as a server for my system, Its not even connected to a dish. These clones are an absolute nightmare, not because noobie software issues but the box, tuner etc are clomplete $h1t. I only have it 3 weeks and can't wait for it to blow so I can throw it in the bin.

Clones may be cheaper but they'll break your heart because of the build quality.

I found this supplier: DSATV
Has anyone used this company before? Are dm800s good?
Could you please tell where did you found it? At Alibaba they have listed minimum order quantity 100pcs, nothing about samples or smth..

Clones may be cheaper but they'll break your heart because of the build quality.

The clones will become stable but it could take a few more months for the 800 to reach a stable level both hardware and software wise.
Until then I wont consider buying one.

I have a clone from Dreamboxclones. I have to use the amp for the trouble channels but find the amp makes the like of ESPNHD and others disappear. This box is one piece of $h1t. Wish I never bought one. Have 3 tm9100 running no problem much better box. I've already had to strip down the box, install a big fan and to add/remove amp depending on what channels I want to watch and it won't drive my dish, utter crap.
I now have the DM800 running as a server for my system, Its not even connected to a dish. These clones are an absolute nightmare, not because noobie software issues but the box, tuner etc are clomplete $h1t. I only have it 3 weeks and can't wait for it to blow so I can throw it in the bin.

Could not disagree more, mine is almost perfect and the only time it does not work is when i mess about with it. why dont you send it back? this is why i paid extra for a uk supplier who i can ring if i have any problems. have you tried a different amp with your box? mine decreases the signal by about 20% but all channels work perfectly.

Dreamboxclones isnt good supplier and their support sucks. I know that yaoxin send you new box but you need to send broken box in China.

Could not disagree more, mine is almost perfect and the only time it does not work is when i mess about with it. why dont you send it back? this is why i paid extra for a uk supplier who i can ring if i have any problems. have you tried a different amp with your box? mine decreases the signal by about 20% but all channels work perfectly.

I thought the inline amp was meant to INCREASE the quality? if the signal goes down by 20% wont the HD channels look shite?

FOOK IT! Ive just purchased a DM800HD ORIGINAL from SMS for £389. They were quoting another 2-months for the 500HD!

guys, iam selling dm800 with sim 2.01 from yaoxin. Brand new (got it today). Iam selling because i will buy vu+duo. I will also give you USB fan! You can find my auction on ebay.co.uk

Back