DM800 original vs. clone

If you got a decent box from BZT then I'd stick with them mate.

Too many shite clones available, hopefully you'll get a similar good quality one from BZT.

yeah i'll probably go for that then, just didn't know if anything had chaged since i bought mine and i don't want my mate ending up with a duff one after me recommending them

been looking for the best place to get a clone could anyone point me in the right direction am after 800s hd dont mind ordering from china

cheers

Got mine from h**ps://ukdreamshop.co.uk/, only problem is he doesn't accept paypal so i had to pay through Google checkout but had no problems with him.

Got mine from h**ps://ukdreamshop.co.uk/, only problem is he doesn't accept paypal so i had to pay through Google checkout but had no problems with him.

Thanks mate for the help but £195 is to much for me think i will need to order from china can anyone recommend a good cheap seller ?

Hi I bought a DM800HD last week from DVB seller, arrived in 8 days from China, so far working pretty well without any problems and HD picture is great!

Thanks mate for the help but £195 is to much for me think i will need to order from china can anyone recommend a good cheap seller ?

I'd rather pay a few quid extra from a UK seller who I can send the thing back to if it's a dud, rather than run the risk of customs/dud/returns with China for one box.

You'll probably be fine - I've had over 20 DM500c's from China with no issues. Just I prefered to go UK when ordering my own DM800s given the relatively small price difference.

The guys @ 8a8f8.com seem to be recommending YaoXin, so I may indeed go to them. They have one on aliexpress for $235.05

Someone else has it for $232(incl. shipping)
So may as well haggle the costs down lol

The trick is to do as someone did here
ie: if it costs $235.05, you have two invoices
one at $215.05 and
one at $20

And then tell them to mark the item as $20

When customs tell you to pay up, you show them the invoice @ $20

You have now saved yourself some money as you would be paying at least £60 extra in import fees-if you have a look @ dutycalculator.com

Heres a good deal. Its called the Open box and available from dvbkey. Its available at a price of $170, however on the site, it doesnt mention
a) the dimensions
b) if it can take a 2.5 SATA internal hard drive and
c) if it can run Dreambox images

If it can not do b or c, then you may as well get one for $230-$235, but if it can ,then you may as well get the Open box at $170. There is a $60 difference!

Also, the Openbox looks bulky from the pictures, so Im hoping that it can indeed take some sort of a hard drive, if not 2.5 SATA, and Im hoping that it can run DM images

EDIT: Ive just received a pretty speed email from them:
dvbkey said:
hi
not it's not Dreambox800hd Clone , it's different receiver
it''s can not runing Dreambox IMG,it can use HDD by USB

You may as well spend an extra $60 on better support, a smaller receiver, and you've got the added benefit that you can add an internal HDD over an external one

Though, if you are simply wanting a HD receiver, then this is probably not a bad box, but there will probably also be no support behind it whatsoever(ie: firmware upgrades, unless of course the software is open source, as the name suggests)

EDIT 2:
dvbkey said:
hi
this box not clone ,it's made in my factory, i will open source later
yes it have
two scarts, and also a HDMI port. One scart, and one HDMI and one USB

So, it may become open source soon, so there may be better support for the box. Saying this, you cant add an internal HDD, and I dont see the point of two scarts and a HDMI port. The box should have the following before more people purchase it:
Open source software
2 HDMI ports OR 1 HDMI port, and one scart port
a USB port over an RS232 port(it currently has both!)
The ability to have an internal HDD
A smaller device, to look nice and compact underneath the TV, as the DM 800 is a tiny thing, compared to this

Im only commenting from what I've seen on the pictures. By making the device more compact, they are in fact reducing shipping costs as well, so its actually better for them to produce a more compact device with all the features above

EDIT3:
dvbkey said:
hi
it's have 2 scart (1 to tv ,1 to vcr) ,1 usb 1 hdmi ,1 network port
i think it's small ,(it bigger than dreambox).
Size (W x D x H): 300 mm x 220 mm x 56 mm* M, i( {;
the price cheaper than dreambox

The size isnt too bad then. The pictures do not do it any justice, but the receiver should:
a) have the ability to have an internal HDD
b) have open source software
c) remove the unnecessary scart, and have either one HDMI and one scart, or two HDMI ports
d) Remove the RS232 port, in favour of the USB port only

Last edited:
the openbox is a dm500 clone, with a circular window on the front, like a black eagle box

Looks a bit more like a sathawk clone rather than
Dm800 clone Ali chipset based? There's a thread in the European sat forum about them supposed to be ok and cheap for a basic high definition ccam compatible receiver.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Some clones do seem to be plauged by hardware issues, tuners etc...theres no clear info on who supplies the faulty clones...whether theyre limited to particular batches, same factory etc...

A lot of people have perfectly working clones with no issues, others have tuner glitches, some HD channels not working etc...

I've just ordered an DM 800HD clone from Yaoxcin (after having a negative experience with Satronics UK and requesting a refund)...229 dollars delivered...BL76, Sim 2.01, Tuner Rev L3. I'll let you all know how it turns out when I get it...

Ah, thats good. They have lowered their price by $5.05

If you want something cheap, then get the Openbox. If you want a Dreambox(with lots of support behind it, more options etc...), and dont want to purchase an original, then get a DM 800 clone at $230

Personally, I dont see a need for the following in a HD/PVR receivers
1)RS232 port(when USB is available)
2)Two scarts, when you are likely going to connect the HDMI port to the TV, and a scart port to a VCR/DVD recorder
3)An external HDD option, without an internal HDD option

The only reason why I think the RS232 port is available on the DM 80 is because they havent managed to make software to allow us to flash images via USB

The DM 800 could be made even smaller, if there was
1)No RS232 port(though we need to be able to flash via USB)
2)No DVI port(instead; a HDMI port)
3)No scart port(instead; a HDMI port)
4)No modem port, as we cant really use the device as a wireless router can we?

If you really need a scart connection, you can quite easily buy converters, and if you really want a DVI port(to connect to a monitor?), then again, you could easily purchase converters :D
Saying this, I dont know why someone would want to purchase USB>RS232 converters, if we could load images via USB

This would only make them lighter, and cheaper to ship, resulting in more sales
This would also probably make them cheaper to run, if the circuitry inside is simplified, and more environmentally friendly, as you'd be using less PCB and less plastics/metals to make the case-You'd simply be using less materials

Last edited:
From the other forum, apparently they are making DM 8000 clones at a price of $600 all in. This is still quite steep for a clone. A price of $435 may attract more people(as they could compete with Azbox's)

Saying this, the dimensions are a tad on the large side, especially with the 90mm height! It would be a lot nicer, and sleeker if it was 40mm or even 60mm, as thats the height of our DVD recorder

Last edited:
Some clones do seem to be plauged by hardware issues, tuners etc...theres no clear info on who supplies the faulty clones...whether theyre limited to particular batches, same factory etc...

A lot of people have perfectly working clones with no issues, others have tuner glitches, some HD channels not working etc...

I've just ordered an DM 800HD clone from Yaoxcin (after having a negative experience with Satronics UK and requesting a refund)...229 dollars delivered...BL76, Sim 2.01, Tuner Rev L3. I'll let you all know how it turns out when I get it...
Just ordered from them myself for a family member,...I have a dm800 BL 72 for nearly a year & no problems,..was shipped from a factory called Kosda,..via a dropshipper D..B..clones,..we all should know them I think,...did yours arrive yet ? happy with the quality ?

Just ordered from them myself for a family member,...I have a dm800 BL 72 for nearly a year & no problems,..was shipped from a factory called Kosda,..via a dropshipper D..B..clones,..we all should know them I think,...did yours arrive yet ? happy with the quality ?

Arrived yesterday, havent had a chance to switch it on yet ! Build quality looks decent enough, quickly took the lid off to check the tuner type and Rev. no sticker on the top side, willl have to remove backplate etc and take tuner out to verify. it should be Tuner L3, SS76, sim 2.01

Noticed there is a heatsink and small fan already installed. I will let you guys know how it goes when I set it up on the weekend..

same spec as my order,..Tuner L3, SS76, sim 2.01,. heatsink & fan

Back