Amazon Fire TV Help please - Firestick setup?

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping for some help please. I have set up a Firestick for a friend of my brothers but used my Amazon account to set it up. I realise that was a bit daft but I still have the stick so no damage done. I have bought an IPTV service for him which I have on my own Firestick already so using my account meant I could transfer settings to new one. I know that when I deregister that account I will lose the IPTV on it as I understand it is not stored on the stick itself. He doesn’t know me so is probably unwilling to let me have his Amazon login details. Should I just install with a new Amazon account with a fake address? Would I be able to get downloader without adding bank details to the fake account? Thanks for any help.

The IPTV account and login credentials are on the stick he wont loose that.

de register and let him sign in when he gets it

Downloader could be side loaded

So presumably I could test this by De-registering my Amazon account from that Firestick and then logging in with a made up Amazon account? If that works, I could de-register the false account and let him log in, as you suggest, when he receives it?

He won’t need downloader so I’m not worried about that.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Just thinking about it then - he would need to get downloader and download the IPTV himself rather than having a plug and play stick? That seems fraught with danger - is there no way to get it working before I get the stick to him but just not linked to my account?

So presumably I could test this by De-registering my Amazon account from that Firestick and then logging in with a made up Amazon account? If that works, I could de-register the false account and let him log in, as you suggest, when he receives it?

He won’t need downloader so I’m not worried about that.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
I would try the theory that you have suggested, and this will prove if he can login with his own account after you have de-registered it.

Last edited:
@Trabbs this is a good explanation
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Very helpful video @avid I haven’t opened Netflix on this Firestick so there shouldn’t be any of my personal info on it when I deregister. Looks like downloader and IPTV app should stay on Firestick.

should have no issues doing what you wish for

set it up to liking de-register & give it back did it loads times

Very helpful video @avid I haven’t opened Netflix on this Firestick so there shouldn’t be any of my personal info on it when I deregister. Looks like downloader and IPTV app should stay on Firestick.
I haven’t messed with Firesticks in years but it looks like side loaded apps are unaffected and @Ferret @alimac confirmed it, so you are good to go.

Back