DM800 original vs. clone

I have used a Chinese company for about a year now buying 500s they have been excellent, i have sent back 2 in that year. He has had the 800hd for a few months but told me not to buy them until there stable, i have bought 10 of them now and had no complaints or returns and my one in the house seems perfect.

If you want to pm me i can give you a price for whatever model you want except 8000 as they are not stable yet.

Not sure if this against forum rules or not, if it is please remove my post and i apologize.

Dreamboxclones isnt good supplier and their support sucks. I know that yaoxin send you new box but you need to send broken box in China.

I bought one off them aswell have sent it back to be repaired.That was 2 months ago.Never heard nothing since.

After several weeks of usage, can you confirm (with experience- that the box sent to you in last quarter of 2009) has been preloaded In China with Gemini 4.4 or 4.6 with bootloader 75 and SIM 2.01,
Thank you for your statement as it will give more confidence in the decision of future users and buyers.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Cheers, kadnor

The new verification system will replace the security hologram on the packaging of the Dreamboxes.

Hello guys. Havent posted for quite a while here, however I thought Ill update you guys. After looking on alibaba, I found Shenzhen Ananda Impex Co., Limited who have the item on aliexpress for $197.94+$42.03($239.97) for delivery to the UK

Ive also noticed some one here saying they've purchased from DSATV for $225 all in, which doesnt seem bad, as long as they can deliver(pun intended)

Remember to ask the seller if they can declare it at $25 lol for customs.

Theres also news of the TM 800 coming out, apparently with a price tag of £200 or $360 from UK retailers, which seems interesting. I myself currently have an "openmedia 500cs" which is basically a DM 500C and a DM 500S in one, but can power a motor unlike some DM 500S clones

I myself am looking for a HD receiver(eventually) and Id probably buy one when I have a clear mind on what to get.

At the moment Im thinking of getting the "Next YE2000 Super" at £170, but if the TM 800 can be bought at £200, Id purchase either that or a DM 800 clone or a SV HD. The TM 800HD also can come with wifi apparently, which is a plus

EDIT: Heres one that you guys are familiar with
Yao Xin Electronics (Hong Kong) Ltd. have the receiver for $240.21 with free delivery and they use EMS so theres less of a chance that its pulled at customs. Saying this, it may be possible to contact "DSATV" if they can use EMS as a courier(even if you pay $2-$3 more), and get the item for less

Last edited:
Have all the design issues been resolved yet on the clone 800's or are they still unreliable ?

Thats true actually. Some are good, some arent. Thats one reason why I want to purchase a TM 800, instead of a DM 800. They do need to be reliable

our customs here in Ireland has really tightend up on goods comimg from outside the EU,..they open the parcel to check it's contents & if they find the item is more expencive then the marked price they write to you & ask you to send them the paypal invoice so they can apply the correct amount of VAT,..they also add a €6 processing fee.
Hello guys. Havent posted for quite a while here, however I thought Ill update you guys. After looking on alibaba, I found Shenzhen Ananda Impex Co., Limited who have the item on aliexpress for $197.94+$42.03($239.97) for delivery to the UK

Ive also noticed some one here saying they've purchased from DSATV for $225 all in, which doesnt seem bad, as long as they can deliver(pun intended)

Remember to ask the seller if they can declare it at $25 lol for customs.

Theres also news of the TM 800 coming out, apparently with a price tag of £200 or $360 from UK retailers, which seems interesting. I myself currently have an "openmedia 500cs" which is basically a DM 500C and a DM 500S in one, but can power a motor unlike some DM 500S clones

I myself am looking for a HD receiver(eventually) and Id probably buy one when I have a clear mind on what to get.

At the moment Im thinking of getting the "Next YE2000 Super" at £170, but if the TM 800 can be bought at £200, Id purchase either that or a DM 800 clone or a SV HD. The TM 800HD also can come with wifi apparently, which is a plus

EDIT: Heres one that you guys are familiar with
Yao Xin Electronics (Hong Kong) Ltd. have the receiver for $240.21 with free delivery and they use EMS so theres less of a chance that its pulled at customs. Saying this, it may be possible to contact "DSATV" if they can use EMS as a courier(even if you pay $2-$3 more), and get the item for less

The UK's pretty lax at that. Many items come through under declared.Another country really strict is Australia! For Irish buyers, it may be cheaper to get a DM 800HD clone from the UK,or to wait when the TM 800 comes out

Last edited:
our customs here in Ireland has really tightend up on goods comimg from outside the EU,..they open the parcel to check it's contents & if they find the item is more expencive then the marked price they write to you & ask you to send them the paypal invoice so they can apply the correct amount of VAT,..they also add a €6 processing fee.

I can confirm that. Last year I got two dm500s and one HD media player, all of them shipped with EMS. Only the first dm500s got through, the rest were stopped by customs and they asked me for Paypal receipts. However, I ordered DM800HD and got it sent by DHL and customs didn't stop it. I also order plenty of electronic garbage from DX and none of it got ever stopped but they come in small packages. According to my experience EMS shipping + large package = very high risk of stopping by irish customs.

I can confirm that. Last year I got two dm500s and one HD media player, all of them shipped with EMS. Only the first dm500s got through, the rest were stopped by customs and they asked me for Paypal receipts. However, I ordered DM800HD and got it sent by DHL and customs didn't stop it. I also order plenty of electronic garbage from DX and none of it got ever stopped but they come in small packages. According to my experience EMS shipping + large package = very high risk of stopping by irish customs.
they captured a phone i ordered form DX,..asked for paypal invoice & charged me €13.50 vat + €6 for anpost courier next working day delivery. i know two civil servents guys who moved into customs section form the tax office, they did tell me that a big clamp down was ordered on goods being imported from outside the EU,...the "gift" status is a real giveaway.

Ive found that items marked as "other" from abroad are the ones to get through customs quicker. If you do live in Ireland, or even the UK, remember theres a possibility that you pay VAT+ a handling charge

Remember to tell the seller to mark the item as "other" not "gift" and mark the package at $25, just to increase your chances of not paying :)

Bottom line:
Be prepared to pay a VAT+ a handling fee+duty
You can see how much you may have to pay at:
Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | The Duty Calculator

For this reason(if you get with a charge of £40+) then the TM 800 may be worth waiting for if it costs £200, as you know of the quality behind it. If you want to try your luck, go ahead. Remember you can always sell them off in the UK for more, so you wont make a loss

I was sent a few letters from Irish customs the last 2 times I bought a few dreamboxes from China looking for a Paypal receipt.
I just doctored the receipt to show the value as $20 each.:Clap:
Despite the goods being declared as over the $30 limit they released them and I never heard anymore.Suckers,lol

Ah yes, I suppose you could email the seller offering to pay $190 and then $25 in a separate invoice for the DM 800 clone, so customs know the "value" :)

BTW, has anyone bought from DSATV? Can the receiver power a motor with ease? Obviously $215 including delivery is a good price, at roughly £135

Last edited:
Im also hoping that these receivers drop to $200(incl. delivery) as the TM 800's arrive in the UK at the rumoured £200($320) mark.

does the dm800hd have a hdmi conection?

im looking at 1 on dvbseller.com and it doesnt say anything about any hd connections?

I bought a clone form bzt last august and it has worked great ever since i put in the inline amp in place.

Now my mate is after a clone can anyone tell me place to get one from, is bzt still reliable and cheap or are there any others you would recommend?

cheers

Back