****Digtalworldz Dream Neutrino V 1.0 Released****Feedback Thread [500c]

anyone care to answer me please,and try point me in the right direction for trying this new image out,if ya dont mind,cheers,haveing a wee bit o difficulty wi the telnet situation,thanks anyone

Flash the image first

then follow munchkins advice in post #2 of this thread m8

Flash the image first

then follow munchkins advice in post #2 of this thread m8

thanks for replying rat,its just when i use telnet to hook up to my box it asks for username,which i know is root,then password which i know is dreambox,only thing is when i try type it ,nothing happens,it just stays blank m8,also,im currently on dw2.1 with dreambox 500 clone and im wanting to give this a try,was just wondering what i do first,the telenet thing and then flash image or other way about? also when ftp the magic.tar im guessing i have to unzip it first? iv got image and magic.tar in a folder on my comp where i keep all my dreambox stuff and when i unzip magic.tar it comes up var if i open that it comes up bin,k*ys,so do i just ftp the var after unzipping? hope thats not too confusing people and made sense,cheers

Last edited:
No you don't need to unzip it 1st just follow the instructions in post 2
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
the line "tar -xf magic.tar" will unzip it on the box.
If you follow the instructions then it will work.
just copy and paste the lines 1 at a time.

you need to flash the image 1st.
then do what it says in post 2

thanks for replying rat,its just when i use telnet to hook up to my box it asks for username,which i know is root,then password which i know is dreambox,only thing is when i try type it ,nothing happens,it just stays blank m8,also,im currently on dw2.1 with dreambox 500 clone and im wanting to give this a try,was just wondering what i do first,the telenet thing and then flash image or other way about? also when ftp the magic.tar im guessing i have to unzip it first? iv got image and magic.tar in a folder on my comp where i keep all my dreambox stuff and when i unzip magic.tar it comes up var if i open that it comes up bin,k*ys,so do i just ftp the var after unzipping? hope thats not too confusing people and made sense,cheers

Deano hopefully you got it sorted using Munchkins excellent guide. If you are still having problems though pm with a valid email addy - similar area to you so can provide you with a working image.

is there a option in the menu on this image to change the time as i thought it should auto change with the epg but mine is still 1hr behind!! cheers EDIT: sorry just read earlier page!! ;)

Last edited:
Can anyone on the dev team let us know if they plan on addressing the FastZap syncing issue that many of us suffer from, in a revision please.

Thanks

I woluld also like to know this, the problem seems to be getting worse for me.

Glad to have the dbox2 remote style back.

Make the magic work :)
get magic.tar from here.

ftp the magic.tar to /tmp on your box

telnet into the box
user = root
password = dreambox

cd /tmp
tar -xf magic.tar
cp var/bin/emu/* /var/bin/emu/
cp var/keys/* /var/keys/

reboot the box and the magic will happen.
===========================================================
Or you can copy the files manually but will need to chmod the file in /bin/emu

Flashed my dm500c with the Neutrino image (using null modem cable) no probs, Used smart ftp to put the magic.tar file into the tmp dir on the box. I can log into the box via telnet but the magic does not happen followed your instructions used linux & unix couple of years ago please advise Markcoz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashed my dm500c with the Neutrino image (using null modem cable) no probs, Used smart ftp to put the magic.tar file into the tmp dir on the box. I can log into the box via telnet but the magic does not happen followed your instructions used linux & unix couple of years ago please advise Markcoz.

you need to set your location and do a scan

Ireland Scanning`

Folks;

First and foremost, thanks for the great work on this release.

Secondly, I have set the Location to both Dublin and Dublin 2 but still the only scanning options I have are CableUK, 6887, 6875000 and 6952000 but I can't find any N*L (or new U*C) channels.

Could you please let us know the best settings for scanning in Dublin?

Thanks in advance;
SerArRa

Folks;

After messing with the unit a bit more I got it to scan the channels.

Cable Provider: 687500
Fast Scan: on
Auto Scan: off

Sorry for the prior posting.

Folks;

I am trying to edit the channels in bouquets, I am using dreamboxedit V3 but it fails to download the channels from this image.

Could someone send me the correct settings or a program that will work on editing the bouquets on this image?

In case their are needed, this is the posting from the log of dreamboxedit

Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. /etc/services/
Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again.

I need the location of the following;
- Services and Bouquets files
(pre-configured: /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/)
- User bouquets files
(pre-configured:/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable/)
- Satellites.xml file
(pre-configured:/var/etc)

Thanks;
SerArRa

In case anyone has the same problems I was having with the Bouquets, I found a solution. [Persistence does pay].

I found a program call Bouquet Wizard, please use this link to download.

The program works great with Neutrino, if you want to use my Bouquets files, please download them from here

Regards;
SerArRa

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ireland Settings

Hi Serarra
Is the new image giving you S*Y movies etc?
Im on an older image, Dublin, UP* cable etc. Lost movies a couple of weeks back and it appears there is no fix, unless the new imgage is good??

got to say a big thanks to all involved in make the image i have been using the beta for a wee while now and its been fine but my mate asked me to do his clone so i thought ok i will just update mine then make a back up and use that. i flashed the image using dreamup and everything went fine but i cant for the life of me get the magic to work i have tried to ftp the emu folder to /var/bin/emu/ and the keys to /var/keys/ i then transferred over my bouquets and rebooted the box but i cant get the thing to give me the magic one good thing though i did do a service scan and its kept all my bouquets and only about six or seven channels in the unsorted so when i do get it up and running at least there is not much to edit any one know what i am doing wrong ? when i ftp to folders over i deleted the folders that were already there (keys and emu)so im not sure but i think i might just try reflashing the box ??

have to use your ftp client and set file permissions (chmod) to 755 on the emu file, i did it on the keys aswell but not sure if you need to

You could try following the instructions

ftp the magic.tar to /tmp on your box

telnet into the box
user = root
password = dreambox

cd /tmp
tar -xf magic.tar
cp var/bin/emu/* /var/bin/emu/
cp var/keys/* /var/keys/

reboot the box and the magic will happen.

no need to chmod or touch the emu or keys folders at all

Re: Ireland Settings

Hi Serarra
Is the new image giving you S*Y movies etc?
Im on an older image, Dublin, UP* cable etc. Lost movies a couple of weeks back and it appears there is no fix, unless the new imgage is good??
No, is the same, as is not a problem with the image but with the encription.
It looks like they are using nagr* 3 with the movies, etc, so is still down.
There are talks that they will be migrating all the channels to this encription by the end of the year, so hopefully it would be a new cam by then...

Can anyone on the dev team let us know if they plan on addressing the FastZap syncing issue that many of us suffer from, in a revision please.

Thanks

hi
i`ve not flashed yet because it seems as though the lipsync problems haven`t been resolved yet, or perhaps the lipsync problems cant be fixed ??

can anyone shed any light on this ???

dying to try this but for me 0.3 lipsync problems made it unusable, so if this is the same its not worth me trying it.

other than my gripe this is a great image in all other ways ........cheers guys.

I had a few Nas drive mounting issues but its all fixed now,
a new neutrino image has not disappointed, its very stable.

btw the rounded edges make a huge difference!!!

Back