****Digtalworldz Dream Neutrino V 1.0 Released****Feedback Thread [500c]

for some strange reason when i use the Neutrino V 1.0 image, my tv flashes on and off,its a bit hard to explain so here goes.
my tv doesnt swith on and off,what happens is the screen flashes on and off and i get a little message (ext.1) as this is where the scart lead is plugged into.
iv got a sansung lcd tv with 2 scarts,3 hdmi and 1 component, dreambox 500clone.
so if you can imagine its like the scart just getting plugged into the tv when this happens,its like as if ther's a loose wire on the scart lead,and even if that was the case the scart leads not getting touched or moved for this to happen, and anyway iv tryed it with 4different scarts,1 of them being brand new.
it just blinks of for a second and comes back on again,box doesnt go off either does tv, the tv is only a couple of months old brand new, i phoned samsung,they just got me to reset the tv back to factory settings,but it keeps doing it, so changed back over to dw2.1 and it doesnt happen with this image. very fookin strange and annoying!
hope you understood that lol, any suggestions as to what this could be would be greatfully appreciated,cheers

Was still using the DW2.0 image that my DM500C came with up until now. My wife never liked it, preferring our old old Dbox. I had recently tried the ruDream Neutrino Plus image, but had problems hiding the unused channels (no myservices??). She's happier now ;o)

Great image. Thanks to DW Dream for the image and Munchkin for the magic. Copied my bouquets/services/myservices from the dbox and had this up and running in minutes.

Noticed that several of the channel icons were missing (Sky News, Sky 1/2/3, etc) so I nicked the missing ones from my dbox (Commando 10).

One thing I did find when switching channels was if a channel's icon is slightly smaller than the previous channel's icon, the part of the previous channel's icon not covered by the current channel's icon can still be seen. Does that make sense?

Other than that (and the red/green light on standby, front button doesn't work, no composite, confirm skin change Yes/No overlap ;o) fantastic image.

Hi Guys,

I hate to make this post short after the amount of time you must have put into this but I was in the exact same situation as melf67. I have my dreambox in the spare room because it was nowhere near as nice to use as my dbox in the living room. Now though with this image that as all changed, I actually like using my dreambox:)

Not had much chance to find issues yet but I too also noticed the same issues as melf67 with the overlapped text on confirming theme change but nothing major just little fine tuning bits.

Once again thanks for this image, so far it's great.

trapex

Feel like a dweeb,
downloaded and extracted the file and it is a .img file.
The dreambox is requesting a .nfi file
How do I get around this?
Many thanks
Wizbit77

this image is for the 500, wont work on the 600

Last edited:
That explains it.
Thanks Arbelos

Feel even thicker, just re-read the title line and spotted the [500c]
Straight down to specsavers for me then :)

Last edited:
Hi all
unable to download the file is a question of how many posts or something else? hope you guys can help
regards bobby

its common knowledge you need 5 posts to download from here now

Hey all....looks like this is gonna be the image to have :Drool:

When will the completed version be out, any ideas? :Laugh:

I had a few Nas drive mounting issues but its all fixed now,
a new neutrino image has not disappointed, its very stable.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Spent a few painful hours this w/e trying to get a NAS working with this image. It was working perfectly with DW2.0 (via a little D-Link network switch) and still has some TS recordings on it from that. I assume that a TS is a TS no matter whether recorded from an Enigma or Neutrino (?).

I followed the DBox2 FAQ to the letter in the hope that it would be the same process, but can't get it working properly. It plays back for few seconds and then says 'buffering' and stops/locks up. Sometimes it switches back to TV Mode after a minute or so, and sometimes I have to power cycle the box. I even tried taking the switch out of it and connecting direct between the dreambox and the NAS.

I can get it to work with a pc and DboxWinserver but only with udrec, not ggrab (strange that I can get udrec and ggrab working with my Dbox2 running Commando 10), but I want to make use of the NAS.

I even went so far as reloading DW2.0 to test, which worked perfectly, but I'd like to stay with the Neutrino image.

Any help much appreciated.

As this is a neutrino image does it have the same problem as the enigma images when you scan for channels and there is no s*y box office or certain adult channels

As this is a neutrino image does it have the same problem as the enigma images when you scan for channels and there is no s*y box office or certain adult channels

No it doesn't suffer from it.
Don't know about the adult channels but the sbo is found no problem.

Good it can be a bit annoying after you scan the box and it comes up removed service where sbo was previously
thanks mate

Back