Covid 19 Vaccine

My mother in law as shingles and rarely comes downstairs anymore as the pain of putting clothes on is too much to bear.

Greece has just announced that they will accept the covid vaccination card as proof that Brits have had both of their vaccinations so that they can visit Greece for holidays and business, so no doubt there will be lots of fake blank cards for sale on eBay soon.
If the card which is easy to fake is to be accepted then our Government should log us all on a database which other Countries such as Greece could access. I hate the thought of greedy selfish bastards making a profit out of it.

That's how my Aunt was Bob, even in the winter if it flared up she only wore the lightest pure cotton nighties she could find throughout the day.
That was why I was so determined to get it as soon as I could.

If the card which is easy to fake is to be accepted then our Government should log us all on a database which other Countries such as Greece could access. I hate the thought of greedy selfish bastards making a profit out of it.
My thoughts exactly but you then get the idiots complaining about them taking away our civil liberties, human rights and acting like a fascist state.

I have no objections to having a DNA, fingerprint and even a photo database and biometric ID cards and being asked to show them if you are more that 15 minutes away from home and to show them when asked by the police or when going for NHS treatment or when claiming any welfare benefit, as it would make solving crimes easier, stop fraud and make it easier to deport illegal immigrants.

If your dead from Covid what liberty have you got then ? look at poor India in whats happening there.

If you want to fake a card because you dont want the vaccines maybe think again ?

If your dead from Covid what liberty have you got then ? look at poor India in whats happening there.

If you want to fake a card because you dont want the vaccines maybe think again ?
You will never convince the anti vaxxers, anti lockdown conspiracy theorists that this potentially deadly virus really is a pandemic, especially now that so many sensible and responsible people have got their vaccinations to protect themselves and to help prevent passing it on to others if they do happen to get it after they have been vaccinated.

I got this text from my doctors - better than a card

Show your vaccine status? Do it with myGP app at Grosvenor and St James Medical Practice! View medical records, set reminders & more

i havent read through all of this thread. I was offered the vaccine, and declined it.

I tested +ve for covid before xmas. Got over it, and lifes back to normal.

The point in the vaccine is so your body can make antibodies, right? so, as i had covid, and got over it, then i now naturally have antibodies, so, my body has done what the vaccine would make it do

But, if i wanted to go on holiday, id now have to have a vaccine that i neither need or want (due to not needing it), to be able to show a card that i could simply print out and fill in myself

I agree with the idea of a database, BUT, this database should also include those who have antibodies (id be prepared to pay for this test), without having had a vaccine

Im in no way an anti-vaxer, and if i hadnt tested +ve, would have had the jab

i havent read through all of this thread. I was offered the vaccine, and declined it.

The point in the vaccine is so your body can make antibodies, right? so, as i had covid, and got over it, then i now naturally have antibodies, so, my body has done what the vaccine would make it do

But, if i wanted to go on holiday, id now have to have a vaccine that i neither need or want (due to not needing it), to be able to show a card that i could simply print out and fill in myself

I agree with the idea of a database, BUT, this database should also include those who have antibodies (id be prepared to pay for this test), without having had a vaccine

I hear what you're saying
How did you feel when you had it?
Never spoke to anyone who had it before..

I feel you'll be pidgeon holed into the refusal group never mind the refusal reason...

Th

I read that the antibodies from previously being positive are only effective for a short while. The vaccine also to a certain degree which is why boosters will become the norm.
I survived a motorcycle crash in 1979 but it doesn't mean I would survive the next. You were infected with Covid 19 or some variant, you may react completely differently to another variant.

There are reasons for some not to take a few minutes out of their day to have the jab but I'm not sure that your reason is valid. If that were the case why wouldn't the scientists, the NHS and the Government be advocating that only those of us who haven't been infected take the jab?
It would save heaps of money or vaccines that could be used in less fortunate Countries. Our vaccination programme would end sooner.

The reason is obvious, previously infected or not, you should have the jab.

The Problem that can arise is that you could be a carrier passing it on to others even though you are fine ... ??
Thankfully your body can cope with the Virus which is a good thing BUT can the other friends and family round you ???

Past coronavirus (COVID-19) infection provides some immunity for at least 5 months, but people may still carry and transmit the virus.

Past coronavirus (COVID-19) infection provides some immunity for at least 5 months, but people may still carry and transmit the virus.
Unfortunately so can vaccinated people :(
But at least if you have been vaccinated it should not have much effect on you

my view is that the vaccine will be like the flu vaccine, only any use for the current 'season', and like seasonal flu, this virus is here to stay, and will keep mutating. I also dont have the flu jab. I get covid tested quite regularly, depending on what job types i have in work, at one point i was tested 6 times in 5 days

I was fine when i had it, had a sore throat for a few days, lost all sense of taste and smell (still cannot smell anything), but was still running at least a mile a day (quarantined to the path up and down the back garden)

If my natural antibodies only give limited 'protection?', then antibodies i create from the vaccine would be the same, right? some airlines are demanding proof of a negative test within 72 hours before allowing you through, meaning you need to take another test before you leave to return home (ive got no intention of going abroad), so, even if you have had a jab in the last 6 months, and have your little card, you still need to provide a negative test result. Concerts etc are starting to do the same. it just all seems to be going in a very strange direction

Unfortunately so can vaccinated people :(
But at least if you have been vaccinated it should not have much effect on you
It also makes it less likely for you to pass it on to others if you do happen to catch it after you have been vaccinated as the viral load will be greatly reduced.

If my natural antibodies only give limited 'protection?', then antibodies i create from the vaccine would be the same, right? some airlines are demanding proof of a negative test within 72 hours before allowing you through, meaning you need to take another test before you leave to return home (ive got no intention of going abroad), so, even if you have had a jab in the last 6 months, and have your little card, you still need to provide a negative test result. Concerts etc are starting to do the same. it just all seems to be going in a very strange direction
They think that the antibodies, produced after you have caught the virus or after you have been vaccinated, only last a few months that is why they are talking about giving a third booster vaccination in the Autumn to protect the person getting the vaccine from catching the virus and to help prevent them from passing it on.

It really doesn't hurt and it is a bit selfish and very irresponsible to refuse to have the vaccine when it is offered, unless you have a genuine medical reason that means that your doctor would advise you to not have it. That is why the rates of infection are so high in the places where so many people have refused to have the vaccination when they were offered it.

Back