Covid 19 Vaccine

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing more people saying they won't have the vaccine due to not being tested long enough.
Have you any concerns and will you be having it?

i'll be having it but will still be worried about its safety..

It hasn't been tested for long term side effects so it doesn't come without risk. But i suppose you have to weigh up the risk of taking it, against the risk of not, and catching it and having a bad reaction. :)

I'm 9th tier on list to receive it so let's see what happens ;)

No worries for me as it has been as thoroughly tested as any other vaccines ever have, it is just that they have been evaluating the results almost from the start and a lot of the stage 2 and 3 trials have been run alongside the initial trials instead of waiting for the first trial to finish before starting the next stage.

Apparently Dr Fauci is now saying that the UK has rushed the approval of it but I think that is a case of sour grapes in just the same way as how America banned Concorde from flying supersonic over their land because we got ours flying before Boeing got theirs off the ground, as you can bet that their own SST would not have been restricted in the same way if they had been first, or they would have at least arranged a wide corridor where planes could fly at supersonic speeds from coast to coast and north to south.

I won't be having it for a while yet, and neither will my partner or kids for now. Vaccines usually take longer to come out, however as much as they claim this one is safe I'm going to wait some time and see if it has any side effects on others before I decide to take it.

Seeing reports today claiming approval for them has been rushed through without UK regulators properly scrutinising the data, yes it comes from the yanks but unfortunately our leaders are just as trustworthy as them lot.

I personally would not have it at this moment in time, however I i think things will be made difficult for those not taking it IE possible travel restrictions etc.

No worries for me as it has been as thoroughly tested as any other vaccines ever have, it is just that they have been evaluating the results almost from the start and a lot of the stage 2 and 3 trials have been run alongside the initial trials instead of waiting for the first trial to finish before starting the next stage.

I thought the minimum term for testing was 10 years in the uk... i don't think you can cram 10 years testring into 10 months under any circumstances..
i'll still be having it though..

I won't be having it for a while yet, and neither will my partner or kids for now. Vaccines usually take longer to come out, however as much as they claim this one is safe I'm going to wait some time and see if it has any side effects on others before I decide to take it.

Seeing reports today claiming approval for them has been rushed through without UK regulators properly scrutinising the data, yes it comes from the yanks but unfortunately our leaders are just as trustworthy as them lot.
On that basis, do you propose waiting 10 years before you have the jab 😂

I thought the minimum term for testing was 10 years in the uk... i don't think you can cram 10 years testring into 10 months under any circumstances..
i'll still be having it though..
I don't think there is a specific time just specific stages each new drug or medicine has to pass so if you run those stages concurrently instead of consecutively that can shorten approval by many months if not years. Everything gets quicker by building on previous inventions and discoveries, look at how much having faster computers have sped up the development and testing of so many things, including medicines. Just this week they made a major breakthrough in protein folding using "DeepMind" that uses AI which will accelerate medical discoveries even quicker than we are able to do now.

no matey,like i said i'll be having it but will still be worried about its safety
i cant afford not to have it as i have too many underlying conditions....
I was replying to Darren’s post, not yours but sounds a bit harsh now I read it back. Was supposed to be irony but doesn’t come across well. I will be having the jab but do actually agree the long term side effects are unknown. Wish I hadn’t watched I am Legend the other day, made me nervous.

My Mrs works for the NHS and where she works they are going to start vaccinating people. Their goal is to vaccinate a 1000 people a day at her place of work.
Its people like your mrs we should all be gratefull to bless her

I was replying to Darren’s post, not yours but sounds a bit harsh now I read it back. Was supposed to be irony but doesn’t come across well. I will be having the jab but do actually agree the long term side effects are unknown. Wish I hadn’t watched I am Legend the other day, made me nervous.
i didn't read it properly matey...thought you was replying to me......wasn't harsh at all,it made sense

I will be getting the jab as soon as i can,i feel it's been tested as much as it needs to have been,if it's good enough for the docs/nurses etc good enough for me. As for long term effects without it i might not be here in the long term.

Last edited:
Its people like your mrs we should all be gratefull to bless her

Sorry matey I should’ve made it clear my wife works on the clerical side she is not a nurse and will not be vaccinating anybody. But the thought was there pal😉

Back