Covid 19 Vaccine

police have batons and pepper spray to keep people away but yes all front line staff , police, fire and even shop workers before someone that just going to book a cruise and is already retired and so on. its not like there paying in to the tax system any more
I'm glad we can be so easily forgot after paying into it for close on 50 years. Perhaps you ought to stand on a street corner and shout that idea into a megaphone. I'm sure you would be quite popular. :mad:

i didnt mean to be harsh and i get you people have paid in for 50 years i have for 35 but its our young people that will be left to pay for all this shit. anyone over my age got there uni paid for and had jobs. whats left for the younger ones get the country open and the people that actually need to go out done first, all you need to do is look at the pensions verse what people get for being unemployed

i didnt mean to be harsh and i get you people have paid in for 50 years i have for 35 but its our young people that will be left to pay for all this shit. anyone over my age got there uni paid for and had jobs. whats left for the younger ones get the country open and the people that actually need to go out done first, all you need to do is look at the pensions verse what people get for being unemployed
There was nothing good about what you said and nothing you can say will excuse it.

well i for one would be willing to wait a little longer to get a jab if it ment that someone in a public facing job could get protected first
oh and i am not trying to excuse it. dont you think that pensioners booking crusies is wrong before our teachers police and so on get protected

Maybe it is because you are only a youngster that you do not realise that older generations than yours had it much harder than yours did as when we were younger we had to pay for all the war loans that our parents and grandparents generations had to raise so that they could fight the wars that kept my generation and yours and future ones free enough to be able to complain about how harshly you are being treated, without you being sent off to a concentration camp. We didn't complain about having to work hard for longer hours in worse conditions than your generation and later ones will have to do, as we were grateful for the effort our parents and grandparents did, as they had it even harder than we did as they were getting bombed, gassed and shot at for between 4 and 6 years and not just not being allowed to go to the pub or the gym or the park with their mates or on holidays for a few months.

Also do you really think that the police would dare to use their pepper spray or batons, unless they feel that their life is in danger, as if they did they would be immediately suspended and have to face an inquiry and possibly unfair disciplinary charges as their lives and careers are worth much less than those of career criminals ad troublemakers.

lol older generation had it harder shit . there was jobs, there was cheap housing there was free education and you got to retire on 150 quid a week at 60 or 65

as for working conditions yes there wasnt as much health and safety but there was unions in every work place to protect people and the work force was behind them

You are the younger generation who had it much better than our baby boomer ones as we had mostly paid off those war loans by the time you were having to start working and you are only having to pay off the loans and debts of the Falklands and Gulf wars. The people in their 20s now and younger will have to pay for the pandemic sadly so you were lucky as you fell in the middle of the two hardest hit generations of recent times.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

war loans where not where near what then young ones today will have to pay off and yes you still got your education for free
and yes that was my point the older generation should welcome then younger ones and public facing jobs getting it before them
sadly its not an option for then to say no give it to that young person thats got a public job .
sorry to offend people but its true the sooner we can get people back to work the better for everyone

i left shool when maggy was running the show and i wasnt hard hit . come on now ffs

You still get education for free, unless you want to go to university thanks to Blair's silly idea of thinking that having a degree was better than having a real education under the 11 plus system so that only the brightest went to university and other people got apprenticeships when we used to have a manufacturing industry pre the EEC. You are of the generation with ridiculously low interest rates, unlike those of us who were paying up to 17.5% mortgages in the 1980s, even though house prices were lower the percentage of our low wages was higher due to the high interest rates and we had VAT at 25% on so called luxury goods at one time too.

If you think it was bad leaving school under Maggie's reign then just think how bad it was for those who used to be employed who were working to pay their rent or mortgages and bringing up their families when they lost their jobs and became one of Maggie's millions, then to add insult to injury they saw the effect that she had on the housing market by selling off the council houses so that the few lucky ones who had been paying a subsidised rent for years then won the lottery again by buying their house for half its market value so they could sell it off a few years later at a massive profit to the buy to let landlords who could later charge extortionate rents and the privatisation of our nationalised industries so that we had to pay a fortune for everything we used to pay a fair price for.

When I look back at my parents and my generations and I see how well my niece who is 52 is doing compared to mine and my parents and grandparents generations and looking at her children's generation then I really do think that your generation have got the best of everything in comparison to the ones before you and the ones coming after.

the people that worked and had to pay all that was my single mother with 2 kids and when i left school we got hit with the pole tax in scotland unlike england. yes we have lower interests now than back in the 80's but 0 hour contracts didnt exist try even get a mortgage on one a them. be 20k down before u get a job and work till your 72. how is that better

My first job after leaving school was £5 a week for a 5 and a half day week, my parents generation used to do 6 days a week when they were younger. I ended up doing a 5 day week, until I went self employed and was back up to over 6 hours a week for a few years, but these days a 4 and a half day week with as few as 35 hours is not unusual. We started working from 15 or 16 back then, not 18 as I think has or will become the norm now and those extra years while younger for 20% or more hours a week probably even out for having to work a few more years, plus retiring in better health at a later age with a longer life expectancy, having worked in less physically hard or demanding jobs with better work conditions and pay so that you would be able to be financially more secure in your retirement also tends to compensate for the older retirement age. Don't forget that you can retire at any age you choose it is only the state pension age that has increased, and that is a pittance in comparison to other countries, so if you put some of your higher wages into a private pension or invest in rip off buy to let properties then you can retire earlier than most of my generation did with a good income. Sadly knowledge like this only comes with the wisdom of age so in the same way that I only learned this when I was too old to benefit from it then you are probably also a little too old to benefit from my knowledge and wisdom and any that you will eventually, with a bit of luck, gain yourself.

The option of zero hours jobs with a minimum hourly wage of £8.72 from April certainly beats having to take any job you were offered at the dole office, where they could make you take a job at 50p an hour or even less or you would lose your dole money, before the minimum wage came in and when there was no such thing as universal credit.

The poll tax was Maggie's best idea and it was a shame that they scrapped it. It was a very fair system as at the time my mother was paying the same under the old rates system when she was living alone after my dad died as her neighbours were paying where both the husband and wife worked and each of their 3 sons worked. Maybe the rate per person was set a little too high but the basic principle was right as the more people in the house then the more services that the money that the rates or poll tax provided they would use but the fewer the people the less they used, but now 2 people pay the same as several in the house in the same band. It is a ridiculous and complicated and expensive system to collect.

I've just heard an absolute classic. There's a head teacher from a Dagenham school talking about this year kids and that they won't be facing an exam they will be assesed by a panel on their work.
So he was asked are you happy with this ?
His reply made me spit my wheatabix up the wall:
"I think there might be a potential problem with the dates as lots of teachers will have booked holidays going abroad and the examiners the same so their will be a shortage of staff."

Now pardon me for spouting off but,
Haven't they just had nearly 12 months fecking months off !!?. And wtf are they doing booking holidays considering they knew roughly what was gonna happen, absolute joke in my eyes.

If I hadn't seen it in person I would have said it was bullcrap !!

War loads were not paid off till 2006 so someone in their 50s would have been effected just the same as someone in their 60s or 70s.

As for teachers having had a year off that just is not true the vest majority have been in school teaching key worker children and all the others with online lessons

Have we not got a moral obligation to vaccinate people that are more likely to die from Covid. E.g the elderly, people with certain underlying health condition.

I’m 50+ and definitely wouldn’t of wanted to have been born in my parents era.
I mean rationing didn’t end until 1954 ffs.

If you ask young un’s now who Winston Churchill was. The answer you get back is he not that dog off the insurance advert🙄

As for teachers having had a year off that just is not true the vest majority have been in school teaching key worker children and all the others with online lessons
Agreed two local schools to my area have kids teeming out of them at 3.15. Lot of supermarket workers in my area.

The notion that teachers have had a year off is nonsense. Schools are still functioning, as mentioned above, and even those staff that aren't directly invoved with teaching are needed to maintain all the anti-covid measures for those that are, and to prepare home teaching programs. Even more so now that they're gearing up for a re-start.

The poll tax was Maggie's best idea and it was a shame that they scrapped it. It was a very fair system as at the time my mother was paying the same under the old rates system when she was living alone after my dad died as her neighbours were paying where both the husband and wife worked and each of their 3 sons worked. Maybe the rate per person was set a little too high but the basic principle was right.

I know we're kinda wandering off topic here, but you're right. I don't think it was her best idea. I think it was probably the only good idea the Evil Witch's government ever had. As you say, it was set too high, but it was a fair way of raising a household tax.

Back