Covid 19 Vaccine

I know we're kinda wandering off topic here, but you're right. I don't think it was her best idea. I think it was probably the only good idea the Evil Witch's government ever had. As you say, it was set too high, but it was a fair way of raising a household tax.

😟 I knew it......tory barsteward. :D

I know we're kinda wandering off topic here, but you're right. I don't think it was her best idea. I think it was probably the only good idea the Evil Witch's government ever had. As you say, it was set too high, but it was a fair way of raising a household tax.
Yer Blocked for me now @nara :eek::eek::eek:
😂

I think that this thread has somehow wandered off topic so if turner brown wants to continue his moaning that his generation was the worst hit in history and that the baby boomers who, as avid said had rationing until 1954 had it easy, then he should start another thread called "Woe is me" or similar.

I will finally add a couple of things that I will agree with him about what we had better than previous and later generations though. The very late 50s, all of the 60s and the early 70s had the best music ever, baby boomers seem to have had the best education as even though I left school at 16, as only the top 10% of people went to university and they did proper subjects which led to them getting a good job using the knowledge gained while getting that degree and not one that enabled them to stack shelves in a supermarket or how to say "Do you want fries with that", I still seem to have learned more at my grammar school than many of those people who later had to go to comprehensive schools or academies then onto university. Also we had 4 seasons of approximately 3 months long each, so we knew that Summer would be warm and that we would usually have a few nice weeks of dry weather and that Winter would be cold, often wet and with snow and that Spring and Autumn could be very mixed, unlike today's weather that seemed to also have suffered from poor schooling as it doesn't seem to know when it is supposed to be hot and dry or cold and wet.

dont see it as moaning just because i have a view other than yours maybe you should learn how the internet works

War loads were not paid off till 2006 so someone in their 50s would have been effected just the same as someone in their 60s or 70s.

As for teachers having had a year off that just is not true the vest majority have been in school teaching key worker children and all the others with online lessons
Some are not all my son works in schools skeleton staff. The vast majority have been off, in the famous words of DelBoy:

CUSHTIE !!!

dont see it as moaning just because i have a view other than yours maybe you should learn how the internet works
You can't expect us old folks to understand such newfangled things as the internet, even though it was our generation that invented it and most useful things since the 1950s :)

When people say how badly there life is compared to how fortunate someone else is that is usually called moaning, or it was way back when I was in school but maybe the comprehensive system changed the English language in the same way that people are no longer allowed to be proud to be called British or in my case English or to value the fantastic historical achievements of our forefathers and how they improved the world with their empire and the industrial revolution. These days we are supposed to hate everything that they did and ourselves for daring to be descended from them, instead of being born in the overcrowded countries that never learned to produce anything other than too many children.

You can't expect us old folks to understand such newfangled things as the internet, even though it was our generation that invented it and most useful things since the 1950s :)

When people say how badly there life is compared to how fortunate someone else is that is usually called moaning, or it was way back when I was in school but maybe the comprehensive system changed the English language in the same way that people are no longer allowed to be proud to be called British or in my case English or to value the fantastic historical achievements of our forefathers and how they improved the world with their empire and the industrial revolution. These days we are supposed to hate everything that they did and ourselves for daring to be descended from them, instead of being born in the overcrowded countries that never learned to produce anything other than too many children.
i never said my life was bad

well i for one would be willing to wait a little longer to get a jab if it ment that someone in a public facing job could get protected first
oh and i am not trying to excuse it. dont you think that pensioners booking crusies is wrong before our teachers police and so on get protected
No. They've worked for it and now they want to enjoy themselves. What possible difference would it make to a teacher or a policeman??
Wonder if you would be so keen to forego your turn if you were in the CEV or over 70's groups.

No. They've worked for it and now they want to enjoy themselves. What possible difference would it make to a teacher or a policeman??
Wonder if you would be so keen to forego your turn if you were in the CEV or over 70's groups.
The over seventies was right, but that has now been done, vulnerable and key workers next, and that does mean that I get pushed down the line as a 50 year old asthmatic (but whos asthma is under control).

i have already said if that was an option i would pass it on but its not the case

Already had cyrus the virus and i was bad, so don't know about taking vaccine yet.
Might not 50/50 chance.

What do we do (if anything) with those who refuse to have the vaccine?
I'm hearing "Don't let them out...don't let them in the shops")etc
Are they any different to those who refuse the flu jab?

What do we do (if anything) with those who refuse to have the vaccine?
I'm hearing "Don't let them out...don't let them in the shops")etc
Are they any different to those who refuse the flu jab?
I would deport them to bongo bongo land or some other weird far off destination Bob, as unlike the flu this virus has worse long term effects for people of all ages, even if they survive it, is much more contagious and kills more people.

I would deport them to bongo bongo land or some other weird far off destination Bob, as unlike the flu this virus has worse long term effects for people of all ages, even if they survive it, is much more contagious and kills more people.
Always a pleasure to read your posts Sandra'''i look out for them.

Back