Chorus and NTL Ireland Keyroll - Discuss here

could you please send me edited keylist, great work and thanks for all on forum

Could you please send me edited keylist, and as above thanks to all the guys who put so much work into this forum.

Apologies, didnt know where else to turn...

for those that do have starviews and are trying to get them sorted this evening, from the afterdawn forum...

N*l IRELAND 3rd Apr 17:14 pm

NO keys on the forum please !

I Used these codes, then ran a manual scan, changing the down frequency to 395.000 then enable network scan, it scanned and picked up all channels, and decoded them straight away.

Run a manual scan by going into the normal menu, then installation, make sure network is ntl, then scroll down to manual scan, and change the freq and re scan, save, exit and let it update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, my dreambox 500c stopped working today, can someone email me how to get it back to work?
Many thanks!

i have heard that they will settle down with the keyroll in 2 days in chor*s. i dont know if this is true

In the mean time I am curious as to how to edit the rom file. a hex editor does not decompile the bin.

How does one enter keys in a Dreambox, DW 2.0 Image?

hook up crossover and ftp to box using ftp commander

browse to var/keys copy keylist.txt to computer. (or somesuch - this is for neutrino but you can figure it out)

copy to pc.

edit it so that the keys are correct on pc version.

save.

ftp pc ver back to dream (overwrite dream one)

reload.

use TuxBox Commander go to var/keys/ and edit the autoupdate line 00 change the digit after 7 to 2 just before 33fbbc

Thanks, but I can't find my Crossover Cable, thought there might be a way to do it via remote.

Will go get another one tomorrow in Maplins.

Do you think it would be possible to update the DW image/CAMs to be able to cope with this so less technically minded people could update their image?

Thanks

Biobert
you can use a remote for the above if your image has TuxBox Commander

Lights out

Howya,

Just picked up on the thread, Dublin south and I'm out also. Trying to brush up on the lingo. What is meant by a key rollover. Also, whats the best utility to use to ftp to DM500. Can seem to get the bloody IP working. Have null modem cable and able to (re)flash, but would like to upload keys file.

Thanks lads / lassies

Tradman

use TuxBox Commander go to var/keys/ and edit the autoupdate line 00 change the digit after 7 to 2 just before 33fbbc

Hi

I tried to follow there instructions....I couldn't find "33fbbc" in any if the files in /var/keys (grep -i bbc * produced nothing) what am i doing wrong?

Howya,

Just picked up on the thread, Dublin south and I'm out also. Trying to brush up on the lingo. What is meant by a key rollover. Also, whats the best utility to use to ftp to DM500. Can seem to get the bloody IP working. Have null modem cable and able to (re)flash, but would like to upload keys file.

Thanks lads / lassies

Tradman

you clearly just donated to scab info,do some reading.There are 1000's of post that will help you!

Its amazing how many donated members with less than 10 posts have appeared today.Use flash fxp and a crosover ethernet cable,not a null modem cable.

ok i have the keys off the box t so i can confirm they are different than ntl,but how do i know if its a O or a 0?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this likely to be a recurring issue? Is it sufficient to just change keylist.txt, or are other changes necessary to ensure proper upates in the future?

Back