Chorus and NTL Ireland Keyroll - Discuss here

Trying to get this working. I've ftped the Keylist.txt to /tmp, but can't copy it to /var/keys as telnet reports cp: unable to open `./Keylist.txt': No space left on device. Any ideas? Is this a permissions problem? BTW, using DW 2.0

Thx

I just use ftp commander, ensure you login as root/dreambox

Hi, I wonder is there some way this can be prevented from happening again, or will it be like the old Starview box on Ch***s, Where we had to manually change keys every time there was a change in keys.
Cheers and thanks everybody

Just copy it straight into keys folder.

Tried that guys. Got the same error - Can't create file! Tried FTP Commander too, it doesn't work either!

Also, tried to mv the file from /tmp to /var/keys that gave an error of 'No space left on device'

Last edited:
what command u using in telnet ?
no need to ftp to /tmp first just go straight to/var/keys :)

cheers

osborne82

osborne82, as you know the CLi image, whats the best fix for this on CLi600T,

or how exactly do I replace the keys, is it in Var or usr or tmp
do I replace the keyys folder complete or just the keylist within it...

cheers...

Its clear you have a space issue, sometimes the image becomes locked, only solution afaik is to reflash to unlock it. Backup your terrestrials/ userbouquets and reflash.

Its only the txt file.

Its clear you have a space issue, sometimes the image becomes locked, only solution afaik is to reflash to unlock it. Backup your terrestrials/ userbouquets and reflash.

Its only the txt file.

Thanks, I'll try that this evening after work.

Hi all,
aparently this keys file works on the dreambox, i have a friend who uses an evobox, is it the same process??never saw one of those and he ask me if i could fix it... any help will be apreciated

can anyone actually confirm that the new keylist.txt works for C*orus mmds?

Hmm.. It just isn't working for me with n t l.

I got the new Keylist.txt from rapidshare and got it copied into /var/keys no problem.
After the reboot I noticed the content of the file change (reduced to 2 lines then back to 3 lines), then the line for 00 is changed back to what it was before ..

What the h3ll?

I'm running DW2.0 with evocam 2.12. I also followed the tip above to delete all files wirg rom10 and rom11 from the /var/keys folder...

its working for everyone i know did you download the ltest one for chorus?

for chor*s in cork, will i have to delete nagrarom 10 and 11 too? i thought only uses nagrarom 7.
Will we have to update the keys every time? or it's just a once off?
thanks

its working for everyone i know did you download the ltest one for chorus?

Working now. Problem seems to happen cos I had renamed the old file to Keylist.txt_old and left it there.
D'oh!

for chor*s in cork, will i have to delete nagrarom 10 and 11 too? i thought only uses nagrarom 7.
Will we have to update the keys every time? or it's just a once off?
thanks

10 and 11 can interfere with operation of 7. Best delete or rename them.

yes every time a roll happens until someone smarted comes up with a permanent fix.

@ Razor - thats a good thing to know

=====================

I dont have access till tonight but will upload some working images later.

Last edited:
10 and 11 can interfere with operation of 7. Best delete or rename them.

yes every time a roll happens until someone smarted comes up with a permanent fix.

@ Razor - thats a good thing to know

Do they change them often?
i know that in D+ they used to change them nearly every day, even sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. They were using nagra 2 though.
There are some posts saying that the key roll have changed and some were giving new roms, will those roms do the job??
Philo

Updated the Keylist and it works fine.

Question is how difficult it would be to change one of the CAMs so it will autoupdate for this new method.

I'm sure a lot of non-technically minded Dreambox users would only be able to download a new Cam or Image through DW 2.0 as opposed to FTPing keys every few days.

Do they change them often?
The keys roll every few days, twice a week since January. Prior to yesterday (April 3rd) the previous keyrolls on my box were Sunday (March 30th) and Wednesday (March 26th).

Back