Chorus and NTL Ireland Keyroll - Discuss here

daedalus

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope someone can help me. I have a DM500 and a DM600 both connected to N*L in south Dublin, all working fine for the past few weeks, but for the last couple of days only a couple of channels have been working. None of the premium channels or even Sky 1, RTE etc. are working, just giving the black screen. I've tried several different cams on the 600, leaving them on a premium channel, but they don't clear. Signal seems fine and EPG is updated and correct. The 600 is connected to the internet so I thought it would be able to update its keys if they rolled over, but maybe this isn't the case? Does anyone know why else this might happen? I'm using the CLi image on the 600 and the DW2.0 on the 500, both normally on Evocamd 2.16.

Thanks for any help :)

on the DW2.0 image try restarting evocam, blue blue.

I've tried restarting it a couple of times, each time leaving it on a different encrypted channel for hours to give it a chance to clear, but no joy :(

can u telnet in to one of your dreamboxs and start the emu manually ? this way it should hopefully give us a idea of whats wrong with the emus

change into into var/bin and type ./emuname (replace with what ever cam u wanna try) flick though ur channels take note of the output from telnet and post up here :) :)

cheers

osborne82

OK, here's what I got from running Evocamd 2.16 via telnet... These are the last few segments of it, but it seems to be repeating 1800, 1801 and 123a, 12ea combinations with different lines of hex each time. So far it hasn't been able to find anything with Sky 1 selected. I also disconnected everything else that was connected to the cable, so it's just the 600C connected now...

@velvitjester69
Thanks, that's interesting really... What box and CAM are you using?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Okay, so there's a bunch of channels that I can see, and they're mostly the Irish channels and Eurosport, Euronews, QVC and Discovery Knowledge... Is there any way I can see what these channels have in common, frequency/bitrate or anything? Maybe that could help diagnose the issue...

daedalus: I've been experiencing a similar problem with my 500C in the past couple of weeks. The two softcams on the box (Evocamd 2.12 & GBox 2.25d) have the same problem. My solution to the problem is to plug out the power lead of the box for five minutes, when the box switches back on everything goes back to normal for a few days.

The channels that you see when the softcam is out of action aren't encrypted, that's why you can still pick them up.

Okay, I tried reflashing the box, didn't solve it (and why would both boxes be affected at the same time anyway?) Then I tried uninstalling all the CAMs and reinstalling them one by one... When I installed the GBox CAM, the channels cleared in about 10 seconds. Funny thing is, they also started working on the 500 which I hadn't touched, which makes me feel like it was a coincidence, and the encryption just shifted or something at that time. It's been fine since apart from freezing once or twice - solved by restarting the CAM. I tried getting on here to let you know, but was getting 404 errors. nly now I copped I could press back and log in as normal... But that's another thing altogether.

Thanks all for the help and pointers!

From the above, I would guess that your cam may have locked onto the N2 Emm stream rather than the N1 stream. As you dont have the N2 Emm decrypt keys you didn't get any operational keys so the cam couldn't decrypt ECM's (either N1 or N2).

I'd guess what your seeing may be a consequence of N1/N2 simulcrypt.

mine gone off now in south dublin,been over half an hour and no amount of restarting cams and waiting will clear the channles?

Can confirm lose also here in West Dublin, not sure if they are doing tests or what, couple of stations still there tv3 rte2 city channel but none of the others still there.mmmm wonder whats going on??

Yeah same here, in blanch. I've sold a few to friends and they are all down at the moment.

Has NTL stopped the dreambox some how?

seems to be hitting starview boxes as well if you look at the afterdawn forums.

As suggested, try setting the Cams up to ignore the Nagra2 Emm/ECM streams.

Back