Chelsea Thread

Mourinho was gutted, the magic 90 points is gone, even whinged about the sending off, which in all honesty was very stupid from Fabregas but it was bloody funny stuff. That happens on most training grounds most weeks, just a shame he missed the ref but then again he no Paul Scholes :Biggrin2:

Wonder what Tony made of it all.
[video]https://vine.co/v/MeaB03x7JWA[/video]

City, United, Arsenal in the first 3 fixtures please lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As manic said, why should we care when we've already won the league.
Don't worry about Fabregas being banned gentlemen, we'll just play Nathan in his place.

As manic said, why should we care when we've already won the league.
Don't worry about Fabregas being banned gentlemen, we'll just play Nathan in his place.

Are you sure it's the same manic talking? surely it's not the one that has ripped Chelsea to bits all season is it Mr face?. ;)

Would say our target was to repair the mess of last season and get back in the top four, think it's fair to say City haven't met their target, which might explain why Mr Miggs wants to replace the manager....

Would say our target was to repair the mess of last season and get back in the top four, think it's fair to say City haven't met their target, which might explain why Mr Miggs wants to replace the manager....

Such a wonderful way with words Mr gasman. I am impressed. :)

That's something I'm rarely accused of @miggy.

Back on thread though, that Loftus Cheek does look a cracking prospect and from what I've seen of the under 21 games there's a few more in there, have to wonder if Mourinho will give them a go now that there's financial restrictions kicking in.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's something I'm rarely accused of @miggy.

Back on thread though, that Loftus Cheek does look a cracking prospect and from what I've seen of the under 21 games there's a few more in there, have to wonder if Mourinho will give them a go now that there's financial restrictions kicking in.

That seems to be happening quite a bit now with the youngsters as you say. But you cannot beat experience as well gasman, so it's a case of trial and error for these youngsters and if it works well all good, if it doesn't, it's up the road for some.

Last edited by a moderator:
It works if you've got a good core of experienced players.
Terry, Lampard, Drogba at Chelsea was a perfect core of long standing quality to introduce young players around.
Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs and the rest at United.

You just wonder if those days are coming towards its end, Chelsea have had a brilliant year from Terry, he's played every league game this season, which is quite miraculous for a bloke his age but once he goes who are the experienced "one club men" to keep that consistency going. Ferguson was a master at it but as I look at the United squad now I wonder who is in there to keep it going. Rooney perhaps and based on his improvements this season hopefully Smalling but that's about it, losing Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand in such a short space of time has killed the core and Van Gaal has a right job on his hands.

Chelsea do have a good core as it stands and if they can keep adding youth prospects in and have just one or two make it every year or two it will keep it going, the process of keeping quality players for a long time and adding youth is becoming evermore difficult and bordering impossible when the managers are changed every few years... Will Mourinho finally stay ? He has a chance to dominate for years if he does, he's done everything else but prove his longevity so maybe now is that time, we shall see.

City are in a bad position in this regard as the core is ageing or past its best and it's a reason why I feel Pellegrini should be kept on in order to build again but the biggest blunder could be that from Liverpool, bad enough to replace Suarez but now the vastly experienced Captain has gone and if Sterling is to follow suit you have to wonder if the £235m that Rogers has spent will need to be spent again just to get back to regularly chasing the top four.

Sorry for the long winded post lol but it was part of a very interesting debate at the match on Sunday and felt it worth sharing the thoughts of a few.

He must have used it up on his other 9 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder who will be sold this Summer in order to finance the incoming transfers.
Czech looks on his bike across the City and Oscars struggled in the back 9, my money's there.

Wonder who will be sold this Summer in order to finance the incoming transfers.
Czech looks on his bike across the City and Oscars struggled in the back 9, my money's there.

Petr Cech has been a done deal for a few weeks now, looks like he is off over the weekend :( top top keeper who would grace any team in the world imo, good luck Petr

Not so sure about Oscar, he is definitely out of favour with Jose, I suppose it will be about how much Oscar kicks off over sitting on the bench

Maybe Oscar will fancy a move to Liverpool to complete the Brazilian triangle
we will let you have Sterling in exchange

Back