Can someone explain please?

Kommander

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone give me a rundown of what's happened to the spiderbox.

I just did an update OTA and the network section has changed, no Service+ etc so obviously while I was away on holiday some major changes happened. I have also noticed the chatter changing as well as the tone of the chatter and the influx of new members.
So can someone gimme an update as to the current state of play with the Spidey. (I own 1 x 9000HD & 2 x 5000SD)
Would I be right in saying that the Gift and Service+ have gone? But whats this ethernet option and what does it connect to or do.

Is it true without doubt that some people have been arrested and whats this about a fire? And how does that affect the box, if at all?
I'm not trying to start a war but as an owner I would like to see the truth in one place, if I could, as I am sure others would.
I'm also on the verge of buying new kit so this will effect my descision.

cant answer most for you mate but service+ is still running ok if a bit hit and miss as to whats open,I didnt bother with the epg upgrade as I mostly watch digitalb and the epg is good enough for what I want.the term service+ seems to be a no no on another site now so its anyones guess as to whats going to happen to it.I just make the most of it while its there and will move on to something else if it folds.

Thats the thing, I dont even have a Service+ option in the menu now, I did the EPG upgrade and S+ disappeared and was replaced with an option called Ethernet.

Also as I said in another thread my epg upgrade doesn't seem to have worked.
Also has there ever been a fix to the cccam 2.1.4 glitching problem, I can only seem to get cccam lines with NOBODY providing NEWCAMD lines I got a test NEWCAMD line and it was perfect but now the guy has switched to cccam 2.2.1 and it glitches like hell obviously its "My Network" thats at fault (BS) but has there never been a fix for this problem as it makes the box worthless if there is no Service+, no gift, no patches, no cline without glitching and no support.

Yes it was a very easy box to setup a year ago, but its been a helluva difficult box to keep running and up to date and now I want to start using the features of it I find they do not work properly.
It would probably be ok if I found a decent newcamd line but I shouldn't have to as cccam should work.

cant you get any service+ channels now? I"v just checked the sports channels on 10.757V 27500 and the film channels on 11.657H 27900 16E and they were all ok.I"v never done lines so dont know about that. the sd boxes should still be ok as the epg software was for the HD boxes only.

Ethernet is the new name for the Service+ connection as you use an Ethernet cable to connect to your router, it's just a name change.

CCCam on mine is a bit hit and miss TBH and Newcamd never misses a beat on the main uk provider,but CCCam is fine with other providers lol but overall I'm more than happy with what the box does

CCCam on mine is a bit hit and miss TBH and Newcamd never misses a beat on the main uk provider,but CCCam is fine with other providers lol but overall I'm more than happy with what the box does

I would be happy too if the box did what it was supposed to.
I'm gonna try a fix Jimi gave me to try and see what happens.

Had cccam 213/214 working flawlessly when I had a spiderbox. Look at your provider first.

Yes I had no problems with 2.1.1, 2.1.2,2.1.4 but this member has just carried out a complete update and I think it's now working.

Had cccam 213/214 working flawlessly when I had a spiderbox. Look at your provider first.

Can 11 different providers be wrong, its the box even after the update fastest connect over all my tests with 0 hops has been 170ms
Newcamd works perfectly, I cant see why defenders of this box always jump in blaming the network or the provider.
A lot of people have had probs with 2.1.4 and just got rid of the box, when they put a different box on the same line from a different mfr it was perfect.
The current line i am testing is a 2.2.1 line with avg connect speed of 198ms and glitches all the time.

Yet I put a neighbours DM on it and it fine
go figure?

I'm no scientist but adding up all my tests, the history of the supplier, the good and bad comments here and elsewhere, the dumping of the support on the equipment 10 months after its release I reckon there were some good boxes and some bad boxes. I just think I have a bad one.

I must make this clear, I'm not defending the Spiderbox simply pointing out that I have not experienced the problem you have. As far as I'm aware ( and I could be wrong) there were no changes made during manufacture and each Spiderbox is the same as any other.
Now I would be quite willing to test your Spiderbox on my setup if this is agreeable to you, but for now I am using Plusnet as my internet provider and the line I use is from a private server.
I would like to resolve this problem for once and for all as it seems that many members would benefit.
For now please PM me the serial number and model and I will try to make some enquiries.

Can 11 different providers be wrong, its the box even after the update fastest connect over all my tests with 0 hops has been 170ms
Newcamd works perfectly, I cant see why defenders of this box always jump in blaming the network or the provider.
A lot of people have had probs with 2.1.4 and just got rid of the box, when they put a different box on the same line from a different mfr it was perfect.
The current line i am testing is a 2.2.1 line with avg connect speed of 198ms and glitches all the time.

go figure?

I'm no scientist but adding up all my tests, the history of the supplier, the good and bad comments here and elsewhere, the dumping of the support on the equipment 10 months after its release I reckon there were some good boxes and some bad boxes. I just think I have a bad one.

Did you try you neighbours DM on your broadband? Could you try your box on his broadband? just to try and clarify where the issue is.

go figure?

Can be many issues about Freezing not all ways are related to Spiderbox !
Any way about Team has Dump the Support looks little bit Bizarre !
Because only some days ago i have seen new s/w update with some more options.
I have find out EPG works and i think maybe they will improve more and more.
Cccam Client been 8 Lines now i see in my screen 10 Lines...

For me all Cccam versions working suite for Me( i have S ... Ita card works great.)
Not only that, but i use Home Net system 1 card of that works in many spiders temporary actually i do not need buy 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 card from them..
I have even Cccam and Newcamd on that and even Ethernet "Bonus" option and UCAS and Home net all working together in same time with no problem...
Little bit difficult find all those together in another box easy..
Another Nice Option is Newcamd Server you can to do some charity to your friends.lol

Try to learn more about your box , if you can't maybe mean that box not feed for you...get some boxes can get update wih Softkeys maybe that feed for you and you can look around 1 channel from Africa and one from South America when is open! ...that box maybe you can call good support...

Last edited:
Might be relevant, Digidude posted this in another thread :-

Re: connecting 5 boxes to a router
i showed, and verified, that netgear hubs cause problems on networks if spiderboxes are connected, even if its not a local connection. In my house i have an 8 way TP link in the loft, and another in the living room, and theyre bombproof

i showed, and verified, that netgear hubs cause problems on networks if spiderboxes are connected, even if its not a local connection. In my house i have an 8 way TP link in the loft, and another in the living room, and theyre bombproof

I really cant say one way or another as I dont use them BUT on another forum it is often mentioned that some members have problems with Netgear routers.
Having said that although I now use an Edimax router I have used several Netgear routers in the past without problems.
Maybe it would be a good idea when a member has a problem to list the make and model of the router being used (maybe even the software version in the router) the more information available the easier to arrive at the answer.

Now this is interesting. I know that certain Netgear switches cause conflicts with Sonos systems and Sonos has said that they are not compatible, so there could be something in this.

Regarding the OP, all I can say is that the Spiderbox has lots to offer although it isn't perfect. As has been said (see YesAmWell's post above (can't help thinking there's something familiar about him ;) ) though, support is still there with softcams, EPG (needs work but a welcome start all the same) and 2 more Cl's added to make a total of 10. S+ has changed to Ethernet and I would assume that a few other changes have been made too. It is true to say, however, that S+/Ethernet is a shadow of its former self.

Always good to have another box to experiment with though.

Did you try you neighbours DM on your broadband? Could you try your box on his broadband? just to try and clarify where the issue is.

His box was tested in my house and mine in his.
We just this minute did a test between his house and mine and there is glitching.
Tried it on his provider and it was glitching the same.
However... We setup a 2.1.4 line on my network with his box as the server and my box on the same line and there was no glitching. ???
I do not beleive my server provider is at fault as the DM clone proved the line was fine.

I'm now back off hols so I am going to do the rebuild that Jimihendrix suggested...

I must make this clear, I'm not defending the Spiderbox simply pointing out that I have not experienced the problem you have. As far as I'm aware ( and I could be wrong) there were no changes made during manufacture and each Spiderbox is the same as any other.
Now I would be quite willing to test your Spiderbox on my setup if this is agreeable to you, but for now I am using Plusnet as my internet provider and the line I use is from a private server.
I would like to resolve this problem for once and for all as it seems that many members would benefit.
For now please PM me the serial number and model and I will try to make some enquiries.

Didn't mean you Jimi, you've been great.
It was the other guy that just jumped in and blamed the provider with no other constructive input, just like the others in other posts that blame everything but the box.
I'm off to try your rebuild suggestion now.

Can be many issues about Freezing not all ways are related to Spiderbox !
Any way about Team has Dump the Support looks little bit Bizarre !
Because only some days ago i have seen new s/w update with some more options.
I have find out EPG works and i think maybe they will improve more and more.
Cccam Client been 8 Lines now i see in my screen 10 Lines...

For me all Cccam versions working suite for Me( i have S ... Ita card works great.)
Not only that, but i use Home Net system 1 card of that works in many spiders temporary actually i do not need buy 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 card from them..
I have even Cccam and Newcamd on that and even Ethernet "Bonus" option and UCAS and Home net all working together in same time with no problem...
Little bit difficult find all those together in another box easy..
Another Nice Option is Newcamd Server you can to do some charity to your friends.lol

Try to learn more about your box , if you can't maybe mean that box not feed for you...get some boxes can get update wih Softkeys maybe that feed for you and you can look around 1 channel from Africa and one from South America when is open! ...that box maybe you can call good support...

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but am slightly dislexic and couldn't really understand your post, if I am right I think you are telling me something I already have, when I tried a Newcamd line I had NO glitching problem its only since my provider changed to cccam 2.2.1 and with the other cccam 2.1.4 lines I tried. I've had my box for over a year its only since stuff stopped working I decided to use what was supposed to be the "other" features of the box that I had problems.

Looking back at others that posted similar problems a while back, they were dismissed as well so they got rid of their spiderboxes.
It seems you have access to lots of cards and lines and everything works for you, thats great and good luck.
I just know mine doesn't.

Back