Can someone explain please?

No problem, please remember that the factory reset after patching is essential for correct operation of all new patches.
Good luck.

That one I dont know, but other members might have the same one so maybe if they have a Spiderbox they will give their report on how it works.

Ok I have done the update that Jimi suggested but I still DO NOT have the power save options in the OSD menu of my HD9000 so I am guessing I will still have the cccam fault as I think they are both linked.

So here is the question what if I do a complete rebuild of both SW & Data like I did when I first got the box, if so WHAT file should I download to use how far back do I have to go to get the cccam fix that came out for 2.1.4 and the addition of the power save menu.
In fact were they in the same file and have I missed an update that was never repeated properly in subsequent files??? :FRIGHT:

Ok I have done the update that Jimi suggested but I still DO NOT have the power save options in the OSD menu of my HD9000 so I am guessing I will still have the cccam fault as I think they are both linked.

So here is the question what if I do a complete rebuild of both SW & Data like I did when I first got the box, if so WHAT file should I download to use how far back do I have to go to get the cccam fix that came out for 2.1.4 and the addition of the power save menu.
In fact were they in the same file and have I missed an update that was never repeated properly in subsequent files??? :FRIGHT:

Older boxes = no powersave option, its something in the box hardware related, nothing to do with software, only newer revisions had this option added.

Older boxes = no powersave option, its something in the box hardware related, nothing to do with software, only newer revisions had this option added.

Thank you soooo much,
So all this stuff I have been told about there being no differences in boxes is complete BS so I obviously have an older box than the ones that have the powersave options. And I'll bet that the ones that don't have any CCCAM 2.1.4 problems are the ones that have the newer revised boxes and that if there is anyone out there who like me is having problems with glitching and more importantly FREEZING/Scrambling I bet those boxes do not have the power save option. Prove Me Wrong People

I need to know what file fixed the original cccam issuse that everyone had when the boxes first came out and can I use that box to do a SW & Data firmware update.
What will I lose if I do the data as well, what difference will that make?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but am slightly dislexic and couldn't really understand your post, if I am right I think you are telling me something I already have, when I tried a Newcamd line I had NO glitching problem its only since my provider changed to cccam 2.2.1 and with the other cccam 2.1.4 lines I tried. I've had my box for over a year its only since stuff stopped working I decided to use what was supposed to be the "other" features of the box that I had problems.

Looking back at others that posted similar problems a while back, they were dismissed as well so they got rid of their spiderboxes.
It seems you have access to lots of cards and lines and everything works for you, thats great and good luck.
I just know mine doesn't.

it's little bit strange you do not understand my post,maybe you do not like to understand ! Bringing all ways Spiderbox No good ! coming with diffrente issue all ways .
For quality and price and options in Non Linux boxes is no other STB in UK to be better.( maybe even all Europe )

You was talking about NO Support! even those days has been a lot of support and more are on the way...from what i heard.

Yo talking having problem with people who provide you c line .. that is your problem not only Spiderbox ...Find the right people in hobby "peer to peer" gave to get ,not pay servers , you never will be happy with them ...i do not think in any card if you get direct by Hope1 you will have ny freezing with any Cccam version ..!
Spiderbiox can not fix the pay servers problem..Spidrebox is more sensibile then Linux boxes to be honest and if a payserver has many people( like Connect disconnect ) the Spiderbox will fill it More and that will cause freezing ...

Can be Payservers problem and not yours Spiderbox...Some pay server flooding people inside ( even 500 more) with 1-2 cards and the cards get over Load and that can be problem too...

I suggest buy a card and Enter in Real Hobby "Peer to Peer" .. Offer to have the Best Offer.

I hope yo understand This Time..

Try and find a server where you can add an N:Line i guarantee you wont have any problems

so there must be some issue being a cccam client somewhere along the line then??

I can use a N:line with no probs but when i switches it to CCCam from my server using 2.1.3 I get intermittent breakup but it's not a problem lol I'm sure we'll never get to the bottom of the problem

so there must be some issue being a cccam client somewhere along the line then??

Well I hope I dont open a can of worms here but I use CCcam from around 7.30am to ~12.00pm every day with VERY few glitches and those I do get are of a very short duration typically 0.25~0.5 seconds.
I also have a NewcamD line to a friends Spiderbox which again causes me no problems, I have been using my 9000 combo for over a year and last week fitted a 9900HD to check it out and this is behaving exactly like my 9000 combo. IF I were getting the sort of problems reported by other members then I would not be posting this, but I just dont get frequent drop out's that others are getting.
The CCcam server I use is a private one shared by a few friends and so is my NewcamD line and not a pay server which from what I've read seem to cause the bulk of the problems.

Jimi can of worms lol I'm sure each user of the spiderbox will have different results as I'm sure you've seen lol I'm not moaning about it at all I'm more than happy with what it provides via the gift and also what comes via c/s it's a great remote as discussed already lol and it fits neatly away in my cupboard so I'm a happy chappy lol

@YesAmWell
No I do not use a payserver. As to lack of support, if I cannot ask a question about this or other problems in the forum of the shop I bought it from then there is a lack of support. The only reason you say support is coming back is because there is a new box out.
If by saying sensible you meant sensitive, surely if the box is too sensitive to hold a line without freezing when there are more than say 10 users on it then there IS a problem with the box being TOO sensitive.

@Jimmyp & @digidude I suspect the fault in cccam is in the HW of early boxes and has never been fixed and cant be with software.

@jimihendrix thanks for all your help, will get to PM's in a minute...

OK here is what I have tried so far...
Last night on my HD9000 I found 14 patches on my laptop and instlled them all in sequence 1 by 1 with resets and reboots between each one (did not do data just SW) last one number 14 was the OTA one reinstalled Network, latest softkey and channel list then tried my line and it was just as glitchy as ever with occasional freezing etc
What is strange tho is after all the patch installs all the resets and reboots I didnt have to input my cline data again it was still there?

My conclusion is that the specific Spiderbox I have is an early version and does not work as it is supposed to. And therefore is a pile of crap. Its obvious that those NOT having problems have the later version of the box that obviously had more updated than just the power supply.
If you use the gift or service+ I suppose it will be a very useful box but as a true satelite box THIS early version has now failed to live up to the hype, yes cccam works just NOT very well in THIS box and I cant wait to see what the problems are in the new box. (not that i'll be getting one)
I would still like to find out if the others that are having problems have the early version of the box without the powersave mode.

@ALL Whats a Nline and how do you do it with a spidey?

I'm off to see if anyone will do me a NEWCAMD line while I save up to buy some proper boxes.

The next couple of weeks on this forum will show all the anti spiderbox members coming back as there is a new spiderbox 9900 out.
Lets see how it all levels out.

Why has it got to be like that? I think your just shit stirring and trying to deflect the problem i'm having with my box.
You can be really helpful sometimes and then you do this...
If I was anti spiderbox why would I have 3 1 x HD9000 and 2 x SD5000's
If thats the problem then we also have the influx of new members from the other side attacking anyone like me who has a genuine problem and wants to discuss it properly then you get crap like that saying your just anti spiderbox,
I am now cos mines not working properly and I take offence at what you are saying

Last edited:
I had the early spiderbox and never had issues, some say they do and some say they dont.
Take what offence you like mate, though none was meant or I wouldnt have wasted my time getting those patches of the net for you now would I.

I had the early spiderbox and never had issues, some say they do and some say they dont.
Take what offence you like mate, though none was meant or I wouldnt have wasted my time getting those patches of the net for you now would I.

That's what I mean tho Manic, you can be so nice and helpful sometimes but looking back at your posts the minute someone has a problem with a spidey you make out that they are just making it up.
Thats what the wording on your post above sounds like, it makes out I am just attacking the spiderbox as a new one is coming out. If you didn't mean it that way then fine but thats how it read to me and it will to some others as well.
I am so glad the box you had worked... I just wish mine did.

@ALL
I DO NOT want to turn this post into a slanging match like the posts of a year ago, all I want is GENUINE answers no BS, no Spin I am receiving excelent help from Jimihendrix, g_p_t and the like by PM added with the help in this topic, but if you are just going to jump in and defend or attack with no added purpose to your post other than to slag off or promote/advertise a box then you are NOT welcome. I have a problem I want fixed and one that a few of us would like to get to the bottom of once and for all. And yes I did slag off the box above but that was MY box, 1 single one that I own that is NOT working properly. So it is my right to do so.

Last edited:
Sell it and get over it mate.
They work for some and not others apparently.
Just to add, that post was not aimed at you, but was to point out that there will be a rush of bad feedback to spiderbox 9900 now its out.
Re read it and see.

Back