box360 and port forwarding ?

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have an idiots guide to port forwarding for my xbox 360 and i do mean an idiots guide
i have the vm super hub and xbox which id hard wired to hub
i have read the basic tuts on the web but can i flip get it to work ( i say cannot get it to i can but end up with nat type stricked which is not what i want)
many thanks if you can help

Stick it in the DMZ zone m8,cant see a problem with that as its only an xbox,but no doubt somebody will be along to say nooooooooooo

:D

but how would that work dont know what dmz zone is

Copy and paste from my router page :)

Default DMZ Server
Specifying a Default DMZ Server allows you to set up a computer or server that is available to anyone on the Internet for services that you haven't defined. There are security issues with doing this, so only do this if you're willing to risk open access. If you do not assign a Default DMZ Server, the router discards any incoming service requests which are undefined.

There should be an option in your routers settings to set up a DMZ server

I did it years ago with my lads xbox360 as it went through a phase of not staying connected or else getting that NAT error etc,

Was like that for months and never a problem,then when he got a new one I just removed the old one from the DMZ and put the new one on as normal and its been fine since :)

Back