Pace

Drew1440

New Member ++
Reaction score
Recently came into possession of a few old Pace cable boxes. A couple have the VM guide on them whilst others have the older ntl purple/blue guides on them, They boot up and seem to find a list of channels but cant get any channels to play, specifically the radio ones. After doing a bit of research its likely due to the boxes netID being invalid for my area, and can be changed using Libdebug or Digdebug, anyone know where I can download a copy of this?

I mainly want to use these boxes for radio since that's still in MP2 format and DAB signal isn't too good around here, and they front panel LED display which is useful for showing the channel number.

Pace..are these Dbox2?
Even if they are im affraid you wont get anything from VM anymore ..

Im not 100% but i dont even think you will get the radio stations now either since CS died.

The old card writing system on the pace boxes stopped working about 10 years ago

Pace..are these Dbox2?
Even if they are im affraid you wont get anything from VM anymore ..

Im not 100% but i dont even think you will get the radio stations now either since CS died.
Surprisingly the radio stations are FTA, I tested this when I connected my Sony Bravia TV to the cable feed and did a scan, with the radio channels coming through as MPEG2 Audio with a couple of FTA TV channels (Nothing major, just the main 4 channels). I can get the pace boxes (Di4000N, 4200DVB) to boot despite them being on old firmware and they are able to recognize the current TV and Radio channels but nothing comes though, and I believe this is down to how the boxes interpret the Net ID,

my-great-capture-screenshot-2021-02-14-21-01-06.png

my-great-capture-screenshot-2021-02-14-21-05-12.png

May have wrong end of stick but you say nothing comes through (assuming you mean no sound) but your 1st pic shows the volume is on mute.

Regarding the Net ID -- have read of this thread

Pace di4001N pin number

I don't know about the radio channels, but would have thought you should be able to get the free-to-air channels (1 to 5) ??

As the post states there is a bit more to it you are going to have to write a card with various info on it if I remember correctly, unlike E2 boxes etc all the info is on the card, so if you need to change area its on the card

As the post states there is a bit more to it you are going to have to write a card with various info on it if I remember correctly, unlike E2 boxes etc all the info is on the card, so if you need to change area its on the card
Is this the Funcard method? I've looked around and that seems to be the method used for these old firmware's.

I do have a Di4001NC box also and despite it being from an original ntl area, it does seem to pick up a signal and cycle though multiple NetID's, but it does not 'stick' to one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Meanwhile the Di4000 boots, pulls up a channel list with Now & Next albeit in a random order, just does not play anything and I think the NetID bight be the root cause, since the radio stations (and BBC1) should still be in MPEG2 format.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

May have wrong end of stick but you say nothing comes through (assuming you mean no sound) but your 1st pic shows the volume is on mute.
I thought that might be the issue at first, there's a volume control in the engineering mode which I've set to +10, however if you try and use the volume control on the ntl remote is shows a message instructing you to uses the TV remote instead. The reminder sound effects play without any issues though.

Back